AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-12-08, 18:55   Link #1201
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Guts has become the Yamcha of his own manga.
Old 2022-12-09, 05:55   Link #1202
Amarantine

It's nice to see that Miura's assistants are good at drawing Griffith's gang as well. Sonia was more adorable than ever in this chapter! And I wonder how she will react to Casca's presence, seeing as she was already jealous enough of the attention Griffith gave Charlotte.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-09, 11:24   Link #1203
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Guts has become the Yamcha of his own manga.
I missed the Yamcha pose when read the chapter till someone pointed it out to me.
Old 2022-12-10, 11:22   Link #1204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I missed the Yamcha pose when read the chapter till someone pointed it out to me.
The best way to get across that a character has been soundly defeated is to make him do the Yamcha pose. Never fails.

... it's usually used for parodies though, I can't believe it was actually in a Berserk chapter
Old 2023-04-27, 14:38   Link #1205
Blaat

New chapter is out.

Spoiler for 372:
Old 2023-04-27, 18:04   Link #1206
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 372:
Old 2023-04-27, 20:59   Link #1207
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Spoiler for 372 comments:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-28, 00:40   Link #1208
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Spoiler for 372 comments:
The last few chapters Miura penned himself seemed hopeful because it was the calm before the storm. We knew this wasn't gonna last because the manga couldn't end before a final showdown between Guts and Griffith, and naturally that confrontation would pack a track lot of suffering and misery. The fact that Miura passed away before reaching that point in the story doesn't mean he wasn't gonna go there.

If anything, the latest chapters answered a question a lot of people had: what would make Guts go back to fight Griffith even though he seemed ready to give up his grudge on him? Now we know the reason. Guts will go back because Griffith took Casca. Makes total sense. So much so that I don't understand why I didn't see it coming.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2023-04-28 at 11:10.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-04, 21:03   Link #1209
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Griffith can't leave him alone can he.
Old 2023-05-07, 18:22   Link #1210
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Griffith can't leave him alone can he.
Griffith was always possessive and more. Emulates the people that has said or done things to him and he wants a hold of his dream and anything he feels has a place for it. The only reason he has anything against Guts is the fact that Guts decided to walk away and create his own path that his friend would truly respect when they met again. Griffith didn't allow himself to be vulnerable enough to even convince Guts to stay, when he was running his mouth off to a princess, never knowing Guts was within earshot. When it comes to Casca, she was one of the people willing to fight for Griffith and his dream and then she falls in love with Guts, while he was being tortured for his private time with the princess in discussion, not even knowing that her father was a twisted perverted person.

Griffith puts all his failures on Guts (at least that's what I think so far), not even considering that if he had just talked to Guts, things probably would have turned out differently, a possibility anyway. Being fair, those two had lived through the worst of what the times were in the era they lived in, so it left them to be people to not show vulnerability most times. Griffith put all his hopes into the Belhelit to reclaim what he had lost by his own hands the second he was unable to keep Guts at his side. Casca is one of them for reasons that I'm sure that has been worked in theory as to why he kidnapped Casca, and one reason I can come up that's not a theory is because Griffith knows Guts cares for her and wanted to rip any happy thing away from his life.

You can have all that power and still be insecure. And that's any person in history that has ever ruled like that elsewhere. He has to use a supernatural occurrence to get the best of the person you hurt, because you believed he hurt you by leaving him, when he was doing what he thought you wanted him to do to be a true equal. To quote a fictional character who became the evil who couldn't comprehend his actions in a certain RPG game "What an all-mighty idiot"!

Of course, the stooges surrounding him who follows him out of good deeds are unaware of his action that would make them say "F that S, I'm out" if they knew what he has done to get this far. Rickert was right to slap that guy.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-13, 15:52   Link #1211
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerleon89 View Post
Griffith was always possessive and more. Emulates the people that has said or done things to him and he wants a hold of his dream and anything he feels has a place for it. The only reason he has anything against Guts is the fact that Guts decided to walk away and create his own path that his friend would truly respect when they met again. Griffith didn't allow himself to be vulnerable enough to even convince Guts to stay, when he was running his mouth off to a princess, never knowing Guts was within earshot. When it comes to Casca, she was one of the people willing to fight for Griffith and his dream and then she falls in love with Guts, while he was being tortured for his private time with the princess in discussion, not even knowing that her father was a twisted perverted person.

Griffith puts all his failures on Guts (at least that's what I think so far), not even considering that if he had just talked to Guts, things probably would have turned out differently, a possibility anyway. Being fair, those two had lived through the worst of what the times were in the era they lived in, so it left them to be people to not show vulnerability most times. Griffith put all his hopes into the Belhelit to reclaim what he had lost by his own hands the second he was unable to keep Guts at his side. Casca is one of them for reasons that I'm sure that has been worked in theory as to why he kidnapped Casca, and one reason I can come up that's not a theory is because Griffith knows Guts cares for her and wanted to rip any happy thing away from his life.

You can have all that power and still be insecure. And that's any person in history that has ever ruled like that elsewhere. He has to use a supernatural occurrence to get the best of the person you hurt, because you believed he hurt you by leaving him, when he was doing what he thought you wanted him to do to be a true equal. To quote a fictional character who became the evil who couldn't comprehend his actions in a certain RPG game "What an all-mighty idiot"!

Of course, the stooges surrounding him who follows him out of good deeds are unaware of his action that would make them say "F that S, I'm out" if they knew what he has done to get this far. Rickert was right to slap that guy.
SUMS UP everything, thank you.
Old 2023-05-25, 14:32   Link #1212
Blaat

Spoiler for chapter 373:
Old 2023-05-25, 17:42   Link #1213
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 373:
I don't even get why magical creatures are disappearing and even witches are losing their powers when Griffith's actions were supposed to have allowed the supernatural to basically merge with the real world.
Old 2023-09-22, 10:09   Link #1214
Blaat

I'm guessing there is some sort of rule that Berserk chapters on boats get slow releases:
Spoiler for 374:
Old 2023-09-22, 18:10   Link #1215
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've forgotten why Rickert is even with the Kushans. I remember he rejected Griffith, but not how he was accepted by them. And it looks like he may even be in a position of power? They haven't killed anyone and they were clearly looking for Guts. I know Kushans and Guts have history, but it doesn't seem like they intend to hurt him.
Old 2023-09-24, 10:21   Link #1216
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I've forgotten why Rickert is even with the Kushans. I remember he rejected Griffith, but not how he was accepted by them. And it looks like he may even be in a position of power? They haven't killed anyone and they were clearly looking for Guts. I know Kushans and Guts have history, but it doesn't seem like they intend to hurt him.
He escaped from Falconia (or whatever the name is of Griffith's city) with the help of the Kushans and if I remember correctly Elfheim's time moved differently from the rest of the world so I'm guessing Rickert befriended and was accepted by the Kushans off screen during the final portions of the Elfheim arc.
Old 2023-09-24, 18:13   Link #1217
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
He escaped from Falconia (or whatever the name is of Griffith's city) with the help of the Kushans and if I remember correctly Elfheim's time moved differently from the rest of the world so I'm guessing Rickert befriended and was accepted by the Kushans off screen during the final portions of the Elfheim arc.
Guess it makes sense I don't remember him befriending the Kushans if that happened off-panel.
Old 2023-11-09, 14:15   Link #1218
Blaat

Spoiler for 375:

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, seinen