AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-05, 02:06   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

"Tonight! Onsa joins a school bike club, Hane pursues her dream of seeing her parents (which aren't dead by the way), and Rin slams into a concrete post!"
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 02:31   Link #42
rladls2121

For me, getting a motorcycle license itself is too much of a hassle for me.
Written tests, Practical tests, I don't want to study and practice.
But considering of earning it some day.

An anime about motorcycles.
This isn't about playing a card game on motorcycles, but about female teen students riding on motorcycles.
I don't know what else to say.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 02:40   Link #43
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakun4 View Post
Being a show about a school club dedicated to bikes it would normal to expect them to participate into races and some kind of championship later on. Change bikes for whatever you want and that's your typical anime sport show premise right there.
The author is a motorbike enthusiast. But this episode tells you more than enough about his views; that he loves bikes not to go fast, but because the rider forms an emotional bond with the bike. That's why the manga go into Bike culture, including the separation of "modifying the bike so it rides better" from "modified the bike so it rides worse, but cooler".

This isn't a show about breaking speed records, that is why the only proper race in the show was extremely silly to the point of like watching an episode of Topgear race, like the one where they raced caravans. Yes, going fast is part of it, but there is a reason only Raimu really end up focusing on going fast. The episode even spelled out that motorbikes are extremely impractical and that it really isn't very good as a form of transportation. If you just want to go from A to B, the Bike shouldn't be the first choice. But that's why it is a hobby; you ride it to enjoy it.
Old 2016-04-05, 03:22   Link #44
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 1:
Gotta say that I like seeing girls riding on real-life motorcycles! I hope Bakuon! do well until the end...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 09:55   Link #45
Yamada II

Episode 1
This was more hilarious than I expected lol. Sakura started off as one of those annoying stupid MCs. Seriously, she was acting like an elementary schooler while on her way to high school. But she quickly became a fun girl. Now I don't hate her as much as I did in the first few minutes lol. Curly haired girl was finding reasons to convince Sakura that bike riding is awesome and the creepy helmet senpai just took her on a bike ride. That was the best way to convince her.

Lol the talking Honda bike. That was funny. "Treat your bike like you would treat a man" Lol.

What was up with all the Suzuki hate? I am not a bike lover so I don't know. Is Suzuki really that bad or do these fellows just hate Suzuki that much? Although they kinda made up for it with that logo placement

This had a lot of fun moments. Even though I don't know the slightest thing about motorcycles, this is a keeper.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 10:10   Link #46
Ernietheracefan

Yui + Honoka = Hane

What a funny episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakun4 View Post
Being a show about a school club dedicated to bikes it would normal to expect them to participate into races and some kind of championship later on. Change bikes for whatever you want and that's your typical anime sport show premise right there.
I hate to say this, but we wouldn't go there.

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 10:28   Link #47
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Yui + Honoka = Hane
I completely agree. Hane strikes me as exactly half-way between K-On's Yui and LL's Honoka. I tend to overdo it with Love Live comparisons, though, so I'm glad I'm not the first person to make this comparison on this thread.
Old 2016-04-05, 10:29   Link #48
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
What was up with all the Suzuki hate? I am not a bike lover so I don't know. Is Suzuki really that bad or do these fellows just hate Suzuki that much? Although they kinda made up for it with that logo placement
Suzuki hate is focused only on Rin because she is a fangirl. Ducati hate on the other hand...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 10:35   Link #49
Sides

First episode was Okay. It is basically K-on with motorbikes.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 12:28   Link #50
Shadow5YA

Are Ducati bikes really that bad?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 12:47   Link #51
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
They're fast, nimble, well-balanced, a scratcher's bike with a narrow engine and very responsive to the throttle. They're excellent on twisty mountain roads in the hands of an enthusiast swinging it left and right as the road bends. Kind of expensive, but sweet rides.

Spoiler for video:

They also break. A lot. They go wrong. A lot. Compared to other bikes they need more regular maintenance and they still break. A lot. And the parts are expensive, and you need to wait for them to be delivered from Italy, by camel or other slow freight. The Mechanic Masters of Ducati are rare and expensive too, and working on them yourself is a recipe for disaster.

I expect the anime will continue to put the boot into Ducati. Good.

Last edited by nojay; 2016-04-05 at 12:58. Reason: Added video
nojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 13:06   Link #52
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
They're fast, nimble, well-balanced, a scratcher's bike with a narrow engine and very responsive to the throttle. They're excellent on twisty mountain roads in the hands of an enthusiast swinging it left and right as the road bends. Kind of expensive, but sweet rides.

They also break. A lot. They go wrong. A lot. Compared to other bikes they need more regular maintenance and they still break. A lot. And the parts are expensive, and you need to wait for them to be delivered from Italy, by camel or other slow freight. The Mechanic Masters of Ducati are rare and expensive too, and working on them yourself is a recipe for disaster.

I expect the anime will continue to put the boot into Ducati. Good.
If you want Ducati, buy Ride or Driveclub..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 13:45   Link #53
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Theres a old saying, "Want to become a motorcycle mechanic, then buy a Ducati"

The Suzuki hate is because the GSXR is the bike of choice for hooligans and college bros that like to wear sandles, shorts, and popped collar polos because they make awesome riding gear lol. Don't get me wrong their are people like that in every brand its just Suzuki is more popular to make fun of.
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 14:42   Link #54
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Theres a old saying, "Want to become a motorcycle mechanic, then buy a Ducati"

The Suzuki hate is because the GSXR is the bike of choice for hooligans and college bros that like to wear sandles, shorts, and popped collar polos because they make awesome riding gear lol. Don't get me wrong their are people like that in every brand its just Suzuki is more popular to make fun of.
They are also the liter+ eventhough their legs shiver just going 100mph. They talk down on the smaller bikes when they can't even lean on the turn into corners.

The current hate on the bike community is towards the Honda RC213VS mainly by idiots who know nothing about a GP bike being limited by EPA (easily removeable). Honda doesn't even make money selling these at 200k and people still think they could build a faster and cheaper bike from market parts lol.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 17:34   Link #55
cupumanager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
"Tonight! Onsa joins a school bike club, Hane pursues her dream of seeing her parents (which aren't dead by the way), and Rin slams into a concrete post!"
"Some says her excited eyes shines at 3800 lumens...and some says she can play Ayatori with bike chains.

All we know, She's NOT The Stig, but she's The Stig's Japanese Bike-riding Cousin!"
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 18:25   Link #56
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
"Some says her excited eyes shines at 3800 lumens...and some says she can play Ayatori with bike chains.

All we know, She's NOT The Stig, but she's The Stig's Japanese Bike-riding Cousin!"
Which other familiar figure has no mouth, a large white head and a red hair ribbon?
Spoiler for statement reportedly made by the mangaka:
Old 2016-04-05, 18:38   Link #57
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Which other familiar figure has no mouth, a large white head and a red hair ribbon?
Spoiler for statement reportedly made by the mangaka:
It's actually in her actual description on the anime webpage.
Old 2016-04-05, 19:37   Link #58
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I just realised, "three apples" in Japanese is "san ringo". Who owns the Miss Kitty design? Sanrio.
Old 2016-04-05, 19:50   Link #59
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
lololololollolo
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 22:55   Link #60
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Suzuki hate is focused only on Rin because she is a fangirl. Ducati hate on the other hand...
The Ducati joke made me think of some of the old Ford car jokes.

F=Fixed
O=Or
R=Repaired
D=Daily

F=Found
O=On
R=Road
D=Dead

Tags
comedy, motorcycles