AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-11-11, 20:39   Link #6721
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^But the only male student is MC... The heck?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 21:43   Link #6722
Akiraa
rc

^Yeah, I agree. The plot seems flawed, why would you summon a whole class that is mostly females into a world where only males can use magic as heroes? Okay, I get it, earthlings have special bs powers, but seems moot considering the heavy restriction on them and males have the same unique bs power. Maybe they intended to summon just the mc and class came with him as error?
Akiraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 21:54   Link #6723
sasuke706

There only being one male student and the rest female was intentional during the summoning.
Some nobles wanted some exotic sex slaves. They were able to peek at the location beforehand, so yeah.

So it's a plot point.
If you mean it's bad class balance, the guys and girls in his class chose different electives and most of the guys were doing sports at the time.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 22:50   Link #6724
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I mean you said the girls have boyfriends, but all of them boyfriends are left back on earth, then what's the challenges? Also, all girls with boyfriends' arc would just be a repeat of each other, about how they cheat their boyfriends when they are not around -__-
Old 2017-11-11, 23:24   Link #6725
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^I mean you said the girls have boyfriends, but all of them boyfriends are left back on earth, then what's the challenges? Also, all girls with boyfriends' arc would just be a repeat of each other, about how they cheat their boyfriends when they are not around -__-
Spoiler for :
Old 2017-11-12, 00:32   Link #6726
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^MC is trying to NTR his best friend? What an asshole
Old 2017-11-12, 18:29   Link #6727
Garn

For some reason I feel that class is a pain in the ass, and if in the end the harem is of the whole class (as you say the author said), it means that the story will have ntr/netori, based on what you said one that became a queen, making room for the class to be tasted before they reach the MC :P.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 13:20   Link #6728
Akiraa
rc

Recently been reading a lot of trash and dropping fast, from the few ones that I kept reading past the first volume

その能力は無敵! ~けもっ娘異世界転生サバイバル~
Female mc gets reincarnated into a dog-cat like beast and tries to survive, most character members are the companions of her group. Plot is nothing to be amazed, but the author writes decently and I enjoy the battles/shinka parts, albeit in the later parts gets a little too much...

「あなたの人生、ロードしますか?」「はい/いいえ」
Basically a dungeon crawling story. Protagonist has load power where he can load to the beginning of the day 27 times per day, aside that he does not have any special power and is actually average into ability compared to almost every other character, but due to his massive experience with repeating the days he has considerable mastery with the bow.

Spoiler:
Old 2017-11-14, 13:38   Link #6729
sasuke706

^There's actually a (dead) thread for the second one.
Old 2017-11-16, 07:30   Link #6730
Akiraa
rc

^Oh, didn't saw that, finished reading up till the last volume and put on hold. I didn't like the route the series is going, maybe I'll catch up later when they stop forcing uninteresting plot. That aside, he put a chapter on noc last month with the oyakodon, he didn't snu snu the dark elf, but he did Meiha while she was on top.

Spoiler about the story
Spoiler:

I was searching for the いずれ最強 something, that I've seen people recommending, but I wound two, the one from Narou is pure trash:
Spoiler:

The other one I found, was the number one ranking on alphalopolis いずれ最強の錬金術師?
Mc can do anything he wants type of cheat basically, akin to death mage/kumo desu ga?, where they train a little and get skill/job while everyone needs to that 10x, but does not have the interesting plot or characters to back it up.
Really average novel, but at least the mc snu snu his harem.

@モンスターがあふれる世界になったので、好きに生きたいと思います
This the new novel from the author of hetare earth dragon. Sincerely I've only finished reading because the setting is entertaining in itself for me, but the story, despite the great idea, it still weak and he didn't improve much the mc compared to the one from the hetare dragon.

Spoiler:

@世界最強の後衛 ~迷宮国の新人探索者
The protagonist is basically a white mage, he buffs people. Most of the story feels like a D&D campaign into the dungeon, but the mc buffs are really, really unbalanced, hence the title.

This is the best novel from the ones mentioned in this post, but It's really slow, I've read near 50 chapters and didn't pass even a week since they died, while I don't mind the parts where they spent building the characters and such, yet the time they spent trading equipment (4 times already! despite going 4 times into the dungeon) and introducing things like a trap master to open boxes feels like wasting time when the author spends a lot of time into the preparing into the dungeon, but doesn't update often.

Images
Spoiler:

Heroines
Spoiler:
Old 2017-11-16, 07:55   Link #6731
Valky
Radioactive

Oh, so the rear guard one also got published.

The art is quite good actually.
Old 2017-11-16, 08:00   Link #6732
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I skimmed that Rear Guard before
Still childish interactions, like Death March
Can't see it go close to serious romance anywhere soon
Old 2017-11-16, 08:07   Link #6733
Valky
Radioactive

Right, the reason why I put it on hold currently .. not to mention, update speed is not exactly the author's strongest point. I'd still read it later though since although there's some part that bothers me, overall it's not bad.
Old 2017-11-16, 08:12   Link #6734
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I wish those novels that only put many girls around MC but not in romantic way would stop giving harem tag to them. Kinda misleading.
Old 2017-11-16, 08:20   Link #6735
Valky
Radioactive

It's still fair game as long as it's not completed yet, I guess. lol.

But yeah, I also think so. Another thing I wish is for the author to stop spoiling the next story on the bottom author's note. Kinda kill half the expectation when the author does that. There are quite a lot of author that does that.
Old 2017-11-16, 08:23   Link #6736
Rasty

^^ I would say something like 真ハーレム tag or something similar clearly stating that the works harem is real might have a better chance of succeeding.

As for the Kouei one... I read it quite far once (which means it is not unreadable), but I have to say it was kinda boring. Romance is almost DM level, drama nonexistent as everyone survives (not only main characters) and MC going around saving people "because it's the right thing to do" and such... just boring.

Last edited by Rasty; 2017-11-16 at 08:45.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-16, 08:29   Link #6737
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I really want it to be good because I like the illustration of that masked girl though Hoping it'll get better.
Agree for 真ハーレム

^^If we accept that excuse, they can just do the "By the last chapter, do time skip and show that everyone is married to MC" happily ever after bullshit.
Which actually being used quite many times already. Like that Netoku, Ikai Majutsushi, and probably, no, definitely Death March.
Old 2017-11-16, 08:43   Link #6738
Akiraa
rc

I think the problem with class transfer and shit harem just happen if it's revenge story or nocturne. It's rare for a history to cover time passing in a fast pace, therefore most of them still hold their japanese precepts of hetareness to make a move, especially if there's clearly a lot of girls that like them.

The mc is aware that lizard girl and miko are into him but he wouldn't make a move into a party with 6 girls.
Old 2017-11-17, 06:12   Link #6739
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Ugh

Browsing narou again
Nothing good found yet
Many with status system still make the same mistake, that is sudden stats jump like from 100 > 100000000. Making the system itself meaningless
Hetare MC still dominant
Haaa...
Old 2017-11-17, 07:13   Link #6740
Akiraa
rc

^It's like taking HxH, goes ham on explaining the nen system, then later ignore it. What was the point?
Yeah. I like the concept of skills and stats, especially when the author can't write battle scenes, so it helps me visualize the battle, but ít's rare to get them right.

On Narou these days I filter from the get go hetare, doukan and 主人公最強 just don't have to deal with these bs, doesn't matter anyway.

Browsing a few vrrmo novels lately and just getting 1- production skill only, 2-has some cheat that you even wonder why they don't ban the mc, 3- don't actually play the game, spends most of the time on 2ch board and meme about stalker, lolis, etc.

Tags
web novel