AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you keep a list of all the anime you've seen?
Yes 66 56.90%
No 50 43.10%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-11-14, 21:05   Link #41
AnimeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
I disagree. Being an old timer too, my list is up to 761 different series/movies/OVA's, split between Good, Fans Only, and Bad. The ratio is fairly close to 25/50/25.

It's fun to go back over the notes I take on animes that I wouldn't remember unless prompted... especially the stinkers like Najica Blitz Tactics, Toshinden the Anime, or Bite Me! I got pretty creative in my attacks on anime that I felt wasted my time.

It also helps in these forums when people ask "what's your favorite <whatever>" I can go down the list and remember things that I wouldn't be able to pull from the noggin.

-k
I keep a database using MS ACCESS for both my DVD's that I own, Anime that I will D/L, and Anime that I have already D/L. I find that using Access it is easier to sort through all the hundreds of Anime that I am working on D/L.
AnimeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 17:19   Link #42
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTomte
I delete the ones I don't like though, so I guess the list isn't complete. I'll make a list in html sometime though. So I can keep track of it all.
Sounds geeky but you might look into XML for something like this.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 17:31   Link #43
Sabin

Send a message via ICQ to Sabin Send a message via AIM to Sabin
I don't have a problem remembering what i have seen most of the time except when it came to Noir on dvd. After the last disc came out a few weeks ago, i stuffed them all in the artbox and somehow had a disc 6 left over. I looked in the box and there was a disc 6 there so this left me a little confused because i really don't remember buying it twice. I almost did the same thing with RahXephon disc 5 but caught myself when i read teh back of the case and realized that i already had the disc. Downloading something more than once has never happened to me though since i never really delete anything till i get it on dvd.

Now i am almost out of drive space though and think it might be time to make some of my own fansub dvds for Scrapped Princess and Stellvia since there has been no license announcement made yet.
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 22:24   Link #44
-*Mitsuki*-

Send a message via MSN to -*Mitsuki*- Send a message via Yahoo to -*Mitsuki*-
i don't keep a list but i sure wish i did!!! when i try to recommend anime series, i can never remember and choose what they would most likely want to watch... so it really sucks..
-*Mitsuki*- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 23:04   Link #45
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

I don't have that much anime, so I can remember what I have seen.
Moon The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 12:11   Link #46
NeverRamza

I keep a list that says what anime I've burned onto CD and then which CD spidel I have it in (I have them all numbered). It makes finding series I've watched a long time ago a lot easier.

For what's on my PC, I have a folder that contains all of my digisubs. Then, in that folder I have a folder that says "watched" that I try to remember to move anime into right after I've first seen it. From there it's eventually burned onto CD or moved into the Direct Connect Share Folder.

For my anime DVD's and the very few VHS tapes I have, I don't keep a list.
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 19:27   Link #47
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

do i keep a list of...

i'm starting.
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 19:53   Link #48
Bloodseeker

Anime News Network has a "my anime" section on their site where you can list all of the anime you've seen all the way through, all the anime that you've seen part of the way through, anime you own, and anime that you want to see, and you can rate the ones that you have seen. I use that.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/MyAn...w_Hiei&categ=3
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 06:48   Link #49
martino
makes no files now

I keep a list of all the anime I've seen, currently watching and ones that I would like to see in the future. I keep one in my bookmarks and on a site called "myanimelist".
Old 2006-09-02, 07:02   Link #50
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Yup, I've kept a list since I started watching anime, however long ago that was. Quite handy when making suggestions to others, since I can simply skim through my list to see what fits people's tastes without straining my brain too much
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 09:47   Link #51
Ending

No, I don't keep a list, since I usually check out the description of the anime from AnimEnfo.com. The pictures help me remember was it worth seeing. Usually not, since you can't forget good series, no? Have to admit, though, that I have made the mistake of downloading some animes twice only to end up deleting them both times. Incidentally, I can't remember their names.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 19:15   Link #52
marclemagne
~ ~

I use Google's spreadsheets website to keep track of the shows I watch. It's useful because I can access it on multiple computers, so I can update it whenever I need to. I can remember if I've seen a show or not, but the most useful thing about it is that it lets me keep track of what episodes I'm up to on given shows. This is especially useful if there's a long wait between releases/rentals. Also, It's kind of cool to just have a master list of everything I've seen.

The colums I use are:
Title
Episodes Have
Episodes Total
Episodes Watched

Then I have a column with notes (e.g., if I rented the show on DVD, have it saved on my harddrive, if I burned it onto DVD, or if I dropped/deleted it from my harddrive)

I'm considering adding another column to give each show a star-rating (between 1 and 5), but I'm not sure if I want to get into that.

I believe you can share your spreadsheets with other people using Google's service, so if anybody is also using the service and wants to share spreadsheets with me, please send me a PM. It could be fun.

"If love can kill then surely hatred can save."
-Altena; Noir
marclemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 20:27   Link #53
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I don't keep a list, but anime news network is my best friend. Whenever I see an unfamiliar show, I ALWAYS check it out first, and the summary + picture is always enough to jog my memory if I have already seen it.

See, I don't have a problem of remembering what anime I have seen. What I do have a problem of though, is remembering anime that looks interesting at first glance but didn't see because due to lack of HDD space. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 20:31   Link #54
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
I don't keep a list, but anime news network is my best friend. Whenever I see an unfamiliar show, I ALWAYS check it out first, and the summary + picture is always enough to jog my memory if I have already seen it.

See, I don't have a problem of remembering what anime I have seen. What I do have a problem of though, is remembering anime that looks interesting at first glance but didn't see because due to lack of HDD space. XD
You should register on ANN and use MyAnime... I use the "series that I want to see" feature to help me remember that sometimes.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 20:41   Link #55
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Same here. I don't keep a list either because it's easy for me to remember every anime DVD I bought and animes I've downloaded.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 20:50   Link #56
Theowne
耳をすませば

Yes, in my head. I haven't seen as many series as most of you here, so I can remember it much easier.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 20:57   Link #57
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm i dnt really keep a list of wht ive seen but kinda like a checklist of wht i want to see yep really long list that i can tick off wht anime ive seen and the next anime that i want to see

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 06:52   Link #58
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I used to just remember them but I couldn't remember what stupid little episode I was at Higurashi (it got really annoying) so now I just keep a list of all the anime I haven't finished. Basically what Ep I last watched and what Ep I last downloaded.
*checks list*
Ok just 41 ATM...
I'm also counting some of the old show I dig up. (to fill in the gaps)

Well I guess a list is the best way for me, since I just download tons of anime and watch episodes depending on my mood at the time.

@ Monir

Yup I create a new folder for anime too, but not right away.
I keep 3 partitions on my hdd. Basically in the second I keep all tons of stuff (photoshop brushes, psd files, wallpapers, pix and so on). And the third is just for anime I don't make folders or anything in it I just have it set as the default download folder for Azureus so everything just gets downloaded there. When I finish downloading and watching a show (actually when several pile up) I go in my D partition and create a new folder in my little Anime folder and move all the episodes for the series there. (I do kind of the same thing with manga)

After I move them I also delete them from the list. There's just no point in keeping them on the list.

You might be one of those people who works in folders and all but I like to work with just one, my Desktop, so it's easier for me to dump them now and arrange them later. The only place where I save things straight into folders is my bookmarks. (actually this forum is the only site I haven't bookmarked directly into a folder) (17 Main Folders)

Last edited by felix; 2008-09-25 at 15:33. Reason: removed cute font settings
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 07:01   Link #59
nemoleo
Uruz-7

I have a list of animes that I have seen/dowloaded/bought and a kind of rating of these animes. This is usefull to me because I'm found of differents kind of stats, and also it can help my friends that are not as otaku as me to select a few anime to watch regarding the rating that I put on them.
At the begining it was a basic text file, but as the number of animes that I own increased, it evolved into a complex xls file
nemoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 09:08   Link #60
mit7059

I list the anime I've seen on animenfo.com, I update it every now and then, you can see it if you click the right link in my profile. But for most of my anime I just have to look at my two harddrives that I have devoted to anime, they're all organized in neat little folders.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote