Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-25, 19:11   Link #161
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
That was a fun game. I think I accidentally killed one person with a tranq gun headshot (a bug, i guess, as he alone seems susceptible to tranq gun headshot deaths) on an early sidequest in Detroit. Managed to get the no alarms achievement but not the pacifist one .
It seems like a bug, I've used tranq darts to the head without issue, stun gun seems to randomly kill at times.. Also did you kill the soldiers during the tutorial? Counts against you for the pacifist achievement
Old 2011-08-25, 20:31   Link #162
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2011-08-25, 20:56   Link #163
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

All the reviews really make me want to pick this up on the weekend.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 04:56   Link #164
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Have to Say, Deus Ex: Human Revolution’s Loading Screens are a Total Drag

WOW.... Just wow. Even the PC had a same loading time issue.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 07:42   Link #165
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

There is a way around the load times on the PC. Mine went from ~25 seconds down to ~7 seconds.

I know it's mentioned in the article, but this is what I found.

Quote:
It's this simple, the higher the FPS in the loading screens, the faster the loading times. Here's what I did: Turn off vsync and tripple buffering in the game settings. Turn it also off in your control panel AND set maximum pre-rendered frames to 0 and turn on threaded optimization.
My FPS in the loading screen almost tripled and the loading times but down by almost 2 thirds (roughly 12 seconds now, as opposed to 30-35). Tested with the leaked build because I can't play the official game yet (only unlocks at midnight) but I'm guessing it'll also work
But seems there was a patch? Interesting...

Have to say though, I'm loving Hengsha. Detroit was nice, but really really run down, dystopian almost (giving a nice glimpse into the cesspit America turned into after it's economy went ass up). Hengsha is bustling by comparison, sure there is a seedy side but overall the town is pretty much the opposite of Detroit - carnal and corrupt, a product of the system it's built on and overcrowding. Having said that though the upper city looming over the top gives this really downtrodden vibe. I imagine it would be depressing to literally have the weight of 'the world' bearing down above you all the time. I'm curious to see the upper city though, for comparison.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2011-08-26 at 07:53.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 09:55   Link #166
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Yup it seems before the patch, Deux Ex accessed the hard drive at the same rate as how many fps were drawn. Turn of vsync and it seems to speed up loading dramatically.

I think on steam there have been two patches now though I am not sure.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 10:21   Link #167
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
There's been two patches so, the loading times been lowered by at least fifty percent so everyone should be seeing improvements on the PC.....

I get from five to ten seconds now and there's no need to turn off the v sync
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 14:17   Link #168
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
It seems like a bug, I've used tranq darts to the head without issue, stun gun seems to randomly kill at times.. Also did you kill the soldiers during the tutorial? Counts against you for the pacifist achievement
Ah, I did kill those guys too. I've just gotten started on another pacifist run again, but I'll probably skip a lot of side missions and double check every body just to make sure.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 16:49   Link #169
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Ah, I did kill those guys too. I've just gotten started on another pacifist run again, but I'll probably skip a lot of side missions and double check every body just to make sure.
Ah **** seriously? That means you have to avoid them during the tutorial.

That means I gotta do it again too. I was hoping to make another run as a hacker/killer.
Old 2011-08-26, 20:48   Link #170
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I thought this might be a useful reference for some people, but at the end of a (almost) pacifist no alerts run I ended up with enough praxis for everything but stealth enhancement (0/6), hacking analyzer (0/2), typhoon explosive system (0/2), dermal armor (3/4), and cybernetic leg prostheses (2/5).
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 22:36   Link #171
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Going to get my copy tomorrow. Can anyone confirm if the save game locations for the beta and retail are the same, and if not can anyone tell me the save locations for retail?
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 22:55   Link #172
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

I'm not sure but there are differences between the Retail and Demo IMO, I would advise you just start fresh.
Old 2011-08-27, 10:29   Link #173
Sciel
Etoilé

Great game. Finished it in 26-28 or so hours ( don't have exact count since the steam one reset for some reason) ? Main gripe are probably the boss fights and the lack of epilogue. Also felt the game could have used one more hub area.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 12:24   Link #174
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I'm going to the pacifist route but does the first enemies (before Adam became imba) count in? & the boss ? like the first boss even though i only used stun guns to knock him , i still killed him.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 12:26   Link #175
Sciel
Etoilé

I believe i read on some other forum that the "tutorial" enemies count. Bosses don't though since they have to die regardless.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 13:53   Link #176
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
I believe i read on some other forum that the "tutorial" enemies count. Bosses don't though since they have to die regardless.
Actually tutorial enemies don't count just like bosses.
Old 2011-08-27, 15:41   Link #177
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

So yea, finished it too. Absolutely splendid, but I can agree on negative points pointed out above. But an excellent journey. Went a mix of killing/pacifist, in that I went primarily stealth but when shit hit the fan, I pulled out the 10mm. With a mix of Easy/Normal diff. (boss fights, I hate them), took me about 17 hours, including almost all of the sidequest and reading stuff here and there.

Next playthrough: Total stealth.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 16:39   Link #178
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
I'm loving this game so much, I literally look around for 5 minutes in every damn apartment/place I get to, just so I don't miss any ebook, credit chip, passcode or wallsafe. Games like this are rare nowadays, I'm going to take my time.

Trying to do the stealth/hacking ghost/pacifist, fun so far. Then I'm gonna blow stuff up on the second playthrough.
Old 2011-08-27, 19:52   Link #179
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Gah! I can't wait to get the suppressor for my weapons -_- For some of the enemies that I want to kill, the only reason why I didn't use the lethal take-down is that everybody in the area would be alerted -_-
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 20:21   Link #180
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Gah! I can't wait to get the suppressor for my weapons -_- For some of the enemies that I want to kill, the only reason why I didn't use the lethal take-down is that everybody in the area would be alerted -_-
Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote