AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-07-15, 11:56   Link #4001
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

I doubt Meliodas wil let that happen especially when he absorbed 3 Commandments. Also i expect another Escanor vs Estarossa match , this time Escanor might go supreme again
Old 2018-07-15, 13:28   Link #4002
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I agree with Drago, @Kanon; I don't think Mael can take Meliodas' Commandments. I guess it's possible either way, though, so I can see them fighting for the Commandments where the winner gets all of them. But what happened to Galan's? Did Mael manage to retrieve when he was Estarossa? Or did Meliodas get it?

@Marvel: Thanks for the spoilers.

So if Mael has both light and dark powers now, what do we call him? Half angel and half fallen angel?
Old 2018-07-15, 16:05   Link #4003
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
So if Mael has both light and dark powers now, what do we call him? Half angel and half fallen angel?
Lucemon FM
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 16:45   Link #4004
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Or, to ignore Alex's attempt at being funny, this could/may (emphasizing this part since you know someone is gonna call me on it if I'm wrong) be the series interpretation of a Nephilim. Justhertits (Supreme Deity) and Dark Souls boss (Demon King), if they ever find out about this they're gonna so get called on as Mael being their kid even though he's not. Serious though, I wouldn't be surprised if Ludociel would be the one to finish Mael off if Meliodas doesn't make it out of purgatory out first with Ban.
Old 2018-07-15, 17:36   Link #4005
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I agree with Drago, @Kanon; I don't think Mael can take Meliodas' Commandments. I guess it's possible either way, though, so I can see them fighting for the Commandments where the winner gets all of them. But what happened to Galan's? Did Mael manage to retrieve when he was Estarossa? Or did Meliodas get it?

@Marvel: Thanks for the spoilers.

I'm not talking about him getting Meliodas' commandments, but getting the remaining two that are still up for grabs (Melascula's and Derrieri's). That alone would give him one quarter of the Demon King's strength, if you add the graces he'd become a huge threat.

And yes, Mael has Galan's commandment.
Old 2018-07-15, 19:24   Link #4006
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Where are Merasculla's and Derrierie's Commandments, then? IIRC, they still have them.
Old 2018-07-16, 11:13   Link #4007
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Where are Merasculla's and Derrierie's Commandments, then? IIRC, they still have them.
Yes, they do. Mael can just kill them to get them. He'll have to search a bit for Melascula who is with Merlin but Derrieri is right here. If he gets them, he and Meliodas will have five commandments each, which is why I think it's highly likely to happen.
Old 2018-07-16, 11:38   Link #4008
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, they do. Mael can just kill them to get them. He'll have to search a bit for Melascula who is with Merlin but Derrieri is right here. If he gets them, he and Meliodas will have five commandments each, which is why I think it's highly likely to happen.
I think it's more likely that Escanor will have a rematch with Mael, since they are both bearers of Sunshine and they already had a fight before. This would be the perfect chance to settle the score and learn of the Sunshine grace's backstory itself.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 11:50   Link #4009
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
I think it's more likely that Escanor will have a rematch with Mael, since they are both bearers of Sunshine and they already had a fight before. This would be the perfect chance to settle the score and learn of the Sunshine grace's backstory itself.
Why can't both happen? No reason what I said would prevent a rematch with Escanor.
Old 2018-07-16, 12:01   Link #4010
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why can't both happen? No reason what I said would prevent a rematch with Escanor.
Cause it's unlikely that both Escanor and Mael will come out alive from the fight. Either one of them dies or Mael is saved by some reason. I'm not sure killing Escanor is a good move.

However, I'd really like to see the strongest demon vs the strongest angel. Mael has the potential to be the final boss. So your prediction might be true.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 12:18   Link #4011
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Cause it's unlikely that both Escanor and Mael will come out alive from the fight. Either one of them dies or Mael is saved by some reason. I'm not sure killing Escanor is a good move.

However, I'd really like to see the strongest demon vs the strongest angel. Mael has the potential to be the final boss. So your prediction might be true.
They both survived the first round, they can both survive the second one as well. Granted, deathflags have been raised for Escanor since then (Ludo telling him humans can't handle an angel's grace and him coughing up blood) but I don't think Nakaba will kill him off. Mael will beat him, take back his grace, and then we'll find out Sunshine had sealed Escanor's real magic which is actually also pretty strong. Something like that. Or maybe Nakaba really will have the balls to kill him.
Old 2018-07-16, 12:36   Link #4012
marvelB

The translated chapter still doesn't seem to be out yet, but I did at least come across a particularly interesting bit of info:

Spoiler for 275:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 09:02   Link #4013
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Thanks for the interesting bit of info, Marvel. And now Mael is an enemy for both Goddesses and Demons, so I wonder what will happen to the power balance once he dies? Back where it was before the false identity of Estarossa was created?

@Kanon: The difference between the first and second rounds would be Mael being more powerful. I'm not sure if Escanor can handle that. But yeah, I like your "Escanor's real magic" theory. Hopefully it turns out to be true.
Old 2018-07-17, 20:18   Link #4014
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Props to King for stepping in. He's just not the type to stand around and let this sort of thing happen. And no doubt his wings starting to turn black as he fights isn't a great sign with Mael. If he actually manages to satisfy his bloodlust...might get really bad for everyone involved.

I suppose Ban and Meliodas are still involved in what must be effectively a battle lasting centuries with the Demon King. At this point I'm curious when they will pop out. Though suppose things have to progress to a critical point first.

As to the Escanor speculation...not sure what I think yet . But curious to see how things will unfold. Will just say I hope he gets through this alive.
Old 2018-07-18, 07:47   Link #4015
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I agree with you about Escanor.

From Tarmiel and Sariel's conversation, one may infer that Mael is going to gradually become a Fallen Angel as he continues to use his power. And maybe killing King and/or fulfilling his blood lust, as you said, might speed it up. I guess we'll see.
Old 2018-07-21, 08:24   Link #4016
marvelB

Uh, so apparently 276 isn't releasing this week. Instead, we'll be getting a couple of special side-chapters. From what little info I scrounged about them:

Spoiler for specials:
Old 2018-07-21, 12:07   Link #4017
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's a bummer. I was really looking forward to this chapter.
Old 2018-07-23, 19:29   Link #4018
Hakai

Nakaba's editor Q&A

https://redd.it/91b5rl

Found this on reddit.

So Mel and Zel DO have a mother!(assuming this is legit..)

I have a feeling she's probably a thousand year old loli
Old 2018-07-24, 16:41   Link #4019
marvelB

^Yes, I must say that is quite interesting if that info is legit. But rather than Mel/Zel's mother, I'm more interested in what plants the fairies were born from. Though on the subject of the Demon Queen, I think it would be more amusing if she basically resembled the DK in drag, heh.

Anyway, the special chapters are out! Nice to see Jericho's brother is still looking out for her even in death. Escanor's prize for winning that eating contest is.... appropriate, to say the least, and lastly, I find it rather curious that Hawk and Hendy would reenact that final battle from the holy knight arc. Speaking of, we still don't know what's the deal with Hawk Mama, do we? She's almost guaranteed to be from Purgatory as well, but does that mean she's Wild's mother, as well? If so, it's odd that she was never mentioned during his talk with Mel and Ban....
Old 2018-07-24, 17:39   Link #4020
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, I've been finding it odd that Wild never once mentioned Hawk's mother. Makes me think she may not be their mother at all despite the resemblance. Your discussion gave me an idea for a random prediction: she's actually Meliodas' mother in disguise!

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen