AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2018-10-30, 00:10   Link #3441
n0m@n
C-Z

So Hollywood is making a movie adaptation of this series huh. Hopefully it will be better than the Japanese live action one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsHZT8obQJs
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-30, 12:41   Link #3442
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
So Hollywood is making a movie adaptation of this series huh. Hopefully it will be better than the Japanese live action one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsHZT8obQJs
Considering how shit the Japanese live action movies were, I don't think it'd be that hard to top them.

Then again, America's track record with adapting anime/manga into live action is just as bad, so it may be shit either way.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 18:38   Link #3443
grecefar

Spoiler for 111:
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 19:30   Link #3444
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^
Spoiler for chap111:

I seriously want Isayama to stop using Gabi like that. I kinow he is trying very hard to redeem her in a plausible fashion, but he just adds oil to fire at this point.
Old 2018-11-07, 22:16   Link #3445
Wandering Soul

Spoiler for 111:
Old 2018-11-08, 01:31   Link #3446
durack

A few ppl on reddit pointed out this bit:

Quote:
Do you remember Sasha last word, "meat"? We all thought that she cannot forget the only joy in her life, to be able to eat a nice meal when they"recaptured the land" and "have more sheeps and cows again". However, it might hold another meaning

In Japanese, meat is お肉 , pronounced as "Niku", and coincidentally, the boy who cooked the best meal with love, is Nicolo
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-08, 12:28   Link #3447
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Pixis is the voice of reason once again. It's pointless to go to war with Eren. The problem is that Zeke has already laid the groundwork for him to be able to take the island with the wine. I'm not sure Eren knows about this. It feels like Zeke holds all the cards here.

I wonder what Gabi would think if she learned of Reiner's background, given how outraged she was that a Marleyian was dating an Eldian. Sasha's parents really are nice people. I wonder if they would have been this understanding if they had heard Gabi bragging about killing Sasha earlier though. I'm not surprised Nicolo lost it.
Old 2018-11-08, 13:04   Link #3448
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I seriously want Isayama to stop using Gabi like that. I kinow he is trying very hard to redeem her in a plausible fashion, but he just adds oil to fire at this point.
isn't she supposed to be a foil to eren?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-11, 12:36   Link #3449
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

At this point I don't really think that Zeke can be trusted as an ally even if you were to comply to his plans. He has no moral constraints whatsoever and he wouldn't think twice about killing\enslaving Pixis, Eren and the rest if it helped to further his plans, whatever his plans are.

The only hope I have at this point is that Eren has matured in the past years and he isn't really trusting him.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-11, 12:44   Link #3450
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
isn't she supposed to be a foil to eren?
No, because Eren's hatred for titans wasn't some kind of brainwashing but first hand atrocious and traumatic experience.
Also, Eren is already past that stage and was seen matured when he talked with Reiner. He didn't really went after Reiner life even though he had so many opportunities to kill him on the spot.

Gabi serve as the extreme zealot to show how eldians were indoctrinated by Marley, so obviously, they are also victims.
My problem with her is that Isayama gives her way too much importance while disrupting the flow of the story for very minimal "payback" in a narrative sense. Granted, I don't think the fact she killed Sasha was "wrong" or anything, and it actually lifted the pseudo plot armor everyone had.
But her constant frenzy was just a broken record at this point. Thankfully, she might have opened her eyes after witnessing so much suffering, but the thing is that the damage was already done, so it is difficult for me to appreciate her even as a "character". She is pretty much a plot device at this point.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-11-13 at 13:59. Reason: spelling
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 07:50   Link #3451
Tormenk

Got to give it to Isayama to follow up the aftermath of Sasha's death with Niccolo into this chapter. It's tight storytelling in my book, and quite powerful when it comes together with how the characters are epousing the themes the story is gradually going through.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 11:12   Link #3452
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
At this point I don't really think that Zeke can be trusted as an ally even if you were to comply to his plans. He has no moral constraints whatsoever and he wouldn't think twice about killing\enslaving Pixis, Eren and the rest if it helped to further his plans, whatever his plans are.

The only hope I have at this point is that Eren has matured in the past years and he isn't really trusting him.
I am starting to believe that Eren want to kill Zeke so Historia will never have to go titanization, especially after knowing that Shifters' days are numbered.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 12:57   Link #3453
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I am starting to believe that Eren want to kill Zeke so Historia will never have to go titanization, especially after knowing that Shifters' days are numbered.

This is an option but what about the Marly army the did not have time and Eren know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

Even if Zeke has a secret plan (I believe he has one or two) he still has only one year to live so it doesn't make any sense at all (plus I still believe he cares about Eren) what he planing.

I like the character development of Kiyomi Azumabito in this chapter.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 21:20   Link #3454
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

None of this is going to make any sense until we learn what Eren and Historia really think. Everything else makes sense, and it's obvious Zeke is a piece of shit, but we're deliberately being kept in the dark about what Eren is planning, and if Historia is a part of that (or if she's even pregnant). Until then this is all story going through the motions, including the contrived Gabi parts.
Old 2018-11-13, 08:06   Link #3455
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
None of this is going to make any sense until we learn what Eren and Historia really think. Everything else makes sense, and it's obvious Zeke is a piece of shit, but we're deliberately being kept in the dark about what Eren is planning, and if Historia is a part of that (or if she's even pregnant). Until then this is all story going through the motions, including the contrived Gabi parts.

She still needs to meet with Reiner so she still has a part in the story so we going to see as a main character in the future again.

About Zeke even if that man purpose is still unknown we have hints so we can go and get a guess about what he planning to do.

About Historia.
a. how she supposed to fake the pregnancy?
b. about how much she knows the one who told/ask her to get into pregnancy was Eren maybe he even the father of the baby but even if so I do not believe she was doing something like this if she does not know what Eren plans.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 19:55   Link #3456
GDB

I have come to the conclusion that Gabi is too stupid to live, and as such any of her fellow soldiers who thinks she's a good choice for the Armored Titan deserve whatever they have coming to them.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 14:47   Link #3457
Twi

Gabi's been trying to murder people since she got to the island. She still killed that guard, she was going to murder the sister figure until Falco held her back, and she doesn't know the meaning of the word tact.

At this point the brainwashing isn't worth undoing by my book. Just get rid of her before something happens to Falco.
Old 2018-11-15, 15:11   Link #3458
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I have come to the conclusion that Gabi is too stupid to live, and as such any of her fellow soldiers who thinks she's a good choice for the Armored Titan deserve whatever they have coming to them.
Your avatar fits perfectly with your post. haha

---------
Anyway, so I finally made time to read the chapter today and well, I'm totally stumped as to what Zeke's intentions are. He has approx. one year left, so I just don't understand why he'd go the extra mile to lay down these types of backup plans. Now, the real question is:

Does he legitimately cares about Eren/Eldia's future or does he has his own agenda to accomplish?

If it's the latter, then this current development really doesn't make much sense given the current situation and we'll be left in the dark for quite some time. If it's the former, then things would make a lot more sense logically speaking. As for why I say this:

1. Given Zeke's intelligence and foresight, he'd at least consider the possibility that the military may want to replace Eren in the event that his intentions become suspect.
2. From what I see, Zeke isn't trying to destroy the entire military, but rather, they're trying to purge the senior officers in favour of the Eren replacement plan.
3. He's aware that no matter how much goodwill and favours they do for Paradis, they'll never be able to fully gain their trust and that further hinders the plan. So, he's forced to resort to more extreme methods given his shortage on time.
4. Whether he simply wants to purge corrupt officials or go a step further and stage a coup d'etat, is what I'm not sure of.

Eren's objective right now is to free Eldia and prevent Historia from becoming a titan, so at the very least, he'll play along with Zeke's plan for now. Each has their own agenda, so I think it's safe to say that Eren will not side with Zeke. Their relationship shouldn't go beyond cooperation for the "titan rumbling".
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 19:17   Link #3459
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Just get rid of her before something happens to Falco.
I'd say that's already too late.
Old 2018-11-18, 20:47   Link #3460
Wandering Soul

For those that don't know Isayama recently had a documentary where he answered several questions about his past and childhood. He also revealed the final panel of the manga.

Documentary: https://www.snknews.com/post/1802379...ion-of-jonetsu

Final panel: https://www.snknews.com/post/1802392...i-no-kyojin-as

Spoiler for Final panel speech bubble: