Originally Posted by ooPeaToo View Post
The illustrations vol 10

vol 10 : https://imgur.com/a/QfZGnf4
So beautiful :’) thank you!
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 21:57   Link #8422
kari-no-sugata II

Finally got time to read V10.

Wow... shame I didn't get a chance to read it sooner. Amazing ending.

The first half roughly covers the rebellion that Shiro picked up due to her spying. Some of the details are different but the second half is largely about the fallout from that. Wrath was part of the forces attacking the rebels and he met Oka-chan there.

Shiro (who's still getting used to her god powers) hadn't picked them up in advance so that part was a surprise to her. She was super angry about finding that Oka-chan had become an elf, because D obviously did it for fun. Shiro actually went and attacked D! (Multiple times). Shiro actually smashed D's head but it instantly regenerated and D wasn't even bothered. But activating those regeneration powers helped a certain meido locate her and drag D away (similar scene to the WN).

Incidentally, D hadn't expected that Shiro would realise that Oka-chan had saved Shiro the spider from Earth times and found it amusing. There's even a mini flashback of the scene. D sure comes across as much more evil in the LN.

Shiro cares a lot about her own life and would never contemplate suicide but she wants to do more than simply live. She wants to live with pride and conviction. She's been questioning herself about this for many books now and she's increasingly entranced by Ariel's pride and conviction. Because Ariel has effectively saved Shiro's life (by protecting her in recent years while she was weak) she feels she must repay that debt. Likewise to Oka-chan. So, to repay those debts she must free Oka-chan which means killing the elves because they're basically Potimas's puppets and are infested down to their souls, including Oka-chan. And Shiro wants Ariel to be able to smile so she decides to grant her wish and free Sariel, even if it means a huge number of people are going to die. In the end Shiro realises she's not so different from D (doing whatever she wants regardless of the costs for the sake of her desires) and decides to call herself an "evil god".

It's nice that we get pretty much a summary description of the problem the world is in and Shiro's plan to solve it and the consequences all in one go. And also that it's Shiro herself deciding all this, not her being pushed to by D.

Also, very much enjoying how Shiro and Ariel's relationship developed pretty naturally.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 07:06   Link #8423
Idealist 99

Question : How Did Kumoko and various other monster on Labyrinth survive without water? I don't remember seeing any source of water on the Labyrinth anywhere. Does Kumoko and other monster has the ability to survive without water?
Old 2019-01-14, 07:08   Link #8424
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Question : How Did Kumoko and various other monster on Labyrinth survive without water? I don't remember seeing any source of water on the Labyrinth anywhere. Does Kumoko and other monster has the ability to survive without water?
They are magical monsters so yeh, that's probably the case
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 09:42   Link #8425
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Finally got time to read V10.

Incidentally, D hadn't expected that Shiro would realise that Oka-chan had saved Shiro the spider from Earth times and found it amusing. There's even a mini flashback of the scene. D sure comes across as much more evil in the LN.
Wait, did Oka-chan saved Kumoko when she was a spider or when she was her student in past life? My guess would be that Kumoko was an easy target for bullying and the ring leader was probably Fei.

It seem Kumoko does care about Ariel and Oka-chan, instead of being the heartless monster that most people claim her to be.
Old 2019-01-14, 09:47   Link #8426
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Wait, did Oka-chan saved Kumoko when she was a spider or when she was her student in past life? My guess would be that Kumoko was an easy target for bullying and the ring leader was probably Fei.

It seem Kumoko does care about Ariel and Oka-chan, instead of being the heartless monster that most people claim her to be.
Kumo had never been a student, or even a human to begin with(both previous life and this life)
well, she is a heartless monster as long as it didn't involving Ariel or Oka-chan
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 10:31   Link #8427
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Kumo had never been a student, or even a human to begin with(both previous life and this life)
well, she is a heartless monster as long as it didn't involving Ariel or Oka-chan
Wasn't she a high school girl from Oka-chan's class? She did said that herself on Manga.
Old 2019-01-14, 11:03   Link #8428
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Wow that amazing! To think that Kumo have the guts to smash D head like that wow! Its amazing how in WN Shiro and D almosr have a frienemy relationship and somehow carefree atmosphere around them.
Then in the LN it sounds like its quite the restless, dark & brutal one.

Anyway so Kumo inspiration to decend as a Evil God is not due to sadistically bulliying Sue eh like in the WN.
Instead have a proper reason in the LN..
WN reason, I like that more for some reason!
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 15:48   Link #8429
tsunade666

Quote:
Wasn't she a high school girl from Oka-chan's class? She did said that herself on Manga.
that's D.

she's just a little spider living in that classroom and got killed too due to the explosion.

didn't I say that she's a clone of D. not entirely a clone but more of a decoy clone for D.

when the spider die, D used the soul of the spider and inputted a part of her soul to it. and just because it's part of a soul. the memory isn't complete. which is why kumo/shiro had only flashback as student and video game player. it's limited memory and not complete memory.
Old 2019-01-14, 18:50   Link #8430
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
Wow that amazing! To think that Kumo have the guts to smash D head like that wow! Its amazing how in WN Shiro and D almosr have a frienemy relationship and somehow carefree atmosphere around them.
Then in the LN it sounds like its quite the restless, dark & brutal one.
Well, it was more like that in LN9. If anything Shiro had surprisingly positive feelings at the time, though that was possibly a side-effect of D naming Shiro. Even then though, D comes across as more creepy in person. She's very much the "other", something unfathomable, even when she's standing right in front of you. Shiro still wants to escape from D when she can.

Also, back in the WN, D had already been dragged off by the time Shiro found out about Oka-chan being an elf. So had nobody to vent on. Other things are made clearer in the LN as well: while Shiro doesn't care about the reincarnators in general it's made clear that she's come to care about Sophia due to the long time they've spent together (about 5-6 years now in-world) and she specifically states that if Sophia was killed she'd fly into a rage.

In the LN, Shiro seems more aware of her feelings and also explores her feelings more - specifically about what she wants to do to live with pride. She's observing Ariel and also others and thinking about what aspects to learn from others so that she can live with pride in herself. I think the LN makes it more obvious that Shiro is especially grateful to anyone who has saved her life - namely, Ariel and Oka-chan. Ariel has protected Shiro these last years while she was weak and even took a bullet (as it were) for Shiro while she was still mortal. Shiro very much wants to repay the favour / obligation / debt. Shiro actually goes to a lot of effort just so that Oka-chan can safely escape the demon territories - she has the bandit villages that those two reincarnator adventurers came from destroyed just so that the bandits won't attack Oka-chan when she comes through. (It's also a way to free those two reincarnators from impending doom when the demon king army goes out in force later on but she leaves them to their own devices really).

Incidentally, Ariel hadn't originally planned to destroy the elves. She obviously hates Potimas but her goal was to rescue Sariel by saving the world. Basically by forcing the demons and humans to fight a lot to create lots of energy. I'm not sure if she had a realistic plan for killing Potimas.... though there is this one plot element introduced - there is a "Demon King Sword" (likely created by D) that can even destroy a god but once used it goes away for a long time. It seems the previous Demon King used it - Shiro guesses that D got hit by the power of a weapon she created. Perhaps Ariel hoped to use that sword on Potimas, if she could get it.

The idea to kill the elves actually comes from the pope. Ariel and Shiro go visit him to ask him to let Oka-chan get back to Potimas (Shiro isn't really explained to Dustin but he's told that Oka-chan is a reincarnator). Dustin reads ahead and presumes that to truly rescue Oka-chan means killing Potimas and all the elves since she's already parasited by Potimas. Incidentally, that brief meeting also sets up an agreement to come up with a proper plan for killing the elves later on.

Quote:
Anyway so Kumo inspiration to decend as a Evil God is not due to sadistically bulliying Sue eh like in the WN.
Instead have a proper reason in the LN..
WN reason, I like that more for some reason!
Heh. I like the LN version since it has a proper reason and also shows Shiro's strong intent. To help Ariel, to repay her debt to Ariel, Shiro will take on the role of an "evil god" in order to do so, even though it means fighting the two most dangerous people on the planet for her (Potimas and Gyurie). She's fully away that she's risking her life by doing so (and becomes much more intent on developing her powers as a result). A question for the ages - if Shiro had to be nice to the world in order to repay her debt to Ariel, would she have done so?

In LN10, until the scene at the end, Shiro is mostly referring to herself as a "god (LOL)" because her powers are still quite weak. She's actually weaker than Ariel still in pure combat strength. She has good control over space / dimension magic already though. She is able to create "clones" using her threads for the body though initially they're very weak, though good enough for mass spying (knowledge is power!). By the end of the volume Shiro reckons her clones are good enough to spy on the elves. Evil Eye series has been recreated too (she'd somewhat mastered Floroscopy in the previous volume).

She actually "dies" once in the book. During the rebellion attempt, when Shiro finds out the elves were involved she figures that a teleportation ring was setup and decides to attack them in reverse by going through it and Potimas is there - Shiro immediately punches him (as seen in the colour images) but is mostly screwed still once he activates his anti-magic field. She is able to cause some damage by dropping a meteor but her body "dies" and Potimas actually thinks he's killed Shiro. But of course she simply did her soul transfer trick again. It takes her a few days to fully revive her body to full strength though.

Incidentally, I rather liked the scene when Wrath met Oka-chan. She immediately says she'll rescue him but he immediately states that he's here by his own will. He also points out all the blood on her hands and asks if she thinks the other reincarnators will happily take her blood-stained hands. Basically, he shot her down hard.
Old 2019-01-14, 20:40   Link #8431
tsunade666

does Oka-Chan knew about Sophia? in the light novel, its just glossed over and from later on, it looks like elf/oka-Chan tried to retrieve Sophia.

but in the light novel.

it looks like she met wrath.
Old 2019-01-15, 01:21   Link #8432
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
does Oka-Chan knew about Sophia? in the light novel, its just glossed over and from later on, it looks like elf/oka-Chan tried to retrieve Sophia.

but in the light novel.

Yes, Oka knows about both of them. Around Volume 4 (or was it 3?), she tells Shun and Katia that Sophia is a reincarnator, and I believe even names who it is?
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 05:17   Link #8433
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

but in the light novel.

In LN8, while the group were travelling towards the demon territories, they met very briefly - Oka-chan tried to grab hold of Sophia and (with another elf with the right skills) teleport away. However, Sophia hates elves with a passion and reflexively shook Oka-chan off and she then got teleported away as the spell was already being cast. I don't think Sophia realised who Oka-chan was and to them it was just a kidnapping attempt.

In LN10, Oka-chan and Wrath meet and talk to each other in Japanese and though Oka-chan clearly knows about Sophia and wants to rescue her, they didn't meet.

Based on how Oka-chan reacts to seeing Sophia in LN3 (from Shun's timeline) then the two will meet at some point. In the WN, there's that scene where Sophia acts as bait to lure out Potimas, so perhaps in the LN Oka-chan will be there too. After all, Oka-chan in the future events of the LN seems quite well aware of just how strong Sophia is.

Incidentally...

Currently in the LN, Sophia isn't yet going to school. She's preparing for it though. I'd expect this to happen in the next novel, particularly since Oka-chan is going to school next (ie meet with Shun for the first time).

Also, when Shiro went to D to sue for damages (as it were), D told Shiro about Oka-chan's "Student List" skill and how it gives a prediction of when the student might die. But D, that troll, points out that it's not guaranteed to be correct and she did it more out of curiosity to see what Oka-chan would do with the knowledge. She didn't expect her to have rounded up more than half the reincarnators already though. It was about this point where Shiro smashed in D's head.
Old 2019-01-15, 16:05   Link #8434
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

It makes me a little sad that we’re so behind with the official translations of the LN... I guess I will have to wait and see them in probably 1 or 2 years for them to catch up with this volume at least.
Old 2019-01-15, 16:59   Link #8435
kari-no-sugata II

It could be a lot worse... But I suspect it'll be more like 2 years before the official translations get to v10.

How many people here are reading the LN btw?

PS Something I forget to mention about v10. Shiro discovered that her god body can transform into Arachne mode like in the WN. She was pretty happy with that as she finds 2 legs rather awkward
Old 2019-01-15, 22:05   Link #8436
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Quote:
It could be a lot worse... But I suspect it'll be more like 2 years before the official translations get to v10.

I guess we're still a long way to go... and I’m reading the light novels (I only read the oficial translation in English so I’m up to volume 4) and well I read the WN too...
Old 2019-01-15, 22:39   Link #8437
tsunade666

it depends on the publisher for the speed but I prefer jnovel in releasing the book. tenshura and kumo had different publisher and the publishing speed is slow.
Old 2019-01-19, 01:09   Link #8438
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
I do. Dunno how many others do. I imagine many who read the WN don't bother picking up the LN…?
Stuck with official translations, of course.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-16, 02:47   Link #8439
Idealist 99

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So how boring is Shun and his fight? Also Katia sometime make me wish Kumoko was a guy.
By the way, does Kumoko has a hand of Julius's death?
Old 2019-02-16, 07:22   Link #8440
Hokoga

^
Spoiler for Julius's Death:
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation