AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-01, 04:25   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 752 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Alright, credit goes to Redon and Aohige from AP for the spoilers:

-Chapter title is "Palm" (as in the palm of a hand). The ministory features Jinbei having an encounter with a sea-cat.

-Turns out the figure from last chapter WAS Doflamingo after all, and Luffy immediately goes on the offensive. As he deflects the supernova's attack, Dofla tells them he arrived to "save" them, and proceeds to attack Ucy (the bull), knocking him out. Luffy and Law fall into the water, and Dofla mocks them. He says that he's amused by Luffy's ability to gather allies, but considers Luffy himself to be too incompetent and soft. He then questions Law's choice in forming an alliance with the pirate king to be, and his former subordinate replies that he doesn't want to be like Dofla, and that his life was saved. The senior warlord asks if it was Corazon who saved him, as he prepares to finish off both supernovas.....

-That is, before Abdullah and Jeet arrive to save the day! They attack Doflamingo, who turns out to be another string clone! Turns out that Kelly Funk had lured Luffy into a trap after all, but he ended up getting taken out by Dofla's clone. Most of the other gladiators already ran ahead of Luffy, but the rubber man creates a shortcut by destroying the tunnel. We then go to Usopp's group, where the Tontattas use their beetles to glide the bigger humans towards the giant Pica statue, which they'll use as a shortcut to the palace. At the factory, a team of dwarves tell Franky they have a plan to break inside, and ask him to hold off Sr. Pink until then. Zoro and Sabo are still continuing their respective battles against Pica and Fujitora. Back to Luffy, Cavendish approaches him, telling him he has a plan.....

-At the palace, Trebol talks to Dofla about his "String Joker" (his clone). The warlord then asks his officers if they remember their first encounter with Law. He says he was crazy back then, and considered him to be like his right-hand man. A flashback then begins, where we see a much younger Law, body strapped with grenades, demanding to join the Donquixote pirates. He expresses his desire to cause destruction, and says he grew up in the "White Town". He also says that he doesn't have much longer to live.....

Hmm, interesting chapter here. So that really was Dofla who appeared, after all (or his clone, anyway). Also interesting that Abdullah and Jeet got to be saviors here. Also nice that Law's flashback has finally begun..... even if it's right before a break, lol.

But that's right, OP is on break next week, this being because Oda is visiting Taiwan for a special OP-related event. Well, at least this break will be for a single week this time!

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-07-02 at 00:57.
Old 2014-07-01, 04:33   Link #2
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I like how oda have operation last weeks then decide to go out of country next week

Old 2014-07-01, 08:48   Link #3
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Oh Oda... I hope you realize how you indirectly make all the anime adaption fans angry, by forcing the anime team to stretch the episodes even more due to all the manga breaks...

I am 90% sure that there will be a filler in the after this arc.

Anyway... I am curious what will happen in this situation... and I wonder why Law did not say anything about this being possibly a trap...
Old 2014-07-01, 09:14   Link #4
mrSh4dy

I wish the guy all the best and stuff, but these breaks are getting to me.
Old 2014-07-01, 13:32   Link #5
Undertaker

Wait Oda is going to Taiwan?!!!

Seriously?!!! I'm in Taiwan right now!!!

I know this week starts a 3 month long One Piece Exhibition: Original Art x Movies x Experience in Taipei as the first oversea stop of the Japan one earlier.

But I didn't know Oda is gonna be there...

http://onepiece-exhibit.tw/
Old 2014-07-01, 22:27   Link #6
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Another Break?
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
Old 2014-07-02, 00:46   Link #7
marvelB

Updated with the full summary. Go nuts, guys!
Old 2014-07-02, 04:10   Link #8
noktown

What confused me this chapter is the fact that Luffy used a regular gomu gomu no attack vs DoFlamingo's clone(non haki infused),yet he used a Haki infused Elephant Gun vs fodder a few pages later...I mean yeah let's use a weak attack against an arguably stronger opponent than yourself(Luffy),yet we'll use a massive haki attack against fodder who would be ko'd by a simple Gigant attack.
Old 2014-07-02, 04:47   Link #9
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh for christs sake people, it's not like he's going to Taiwan on a vacation.

http://www.jtbbwt.com/entertainmenttour/onepiece/

It's his JOB. And yes, the Taiwan OP tour is overseen by Oda himself, as stated on the page.

Any bitching should be directed to Shueisha for scheduling the tour shortly after his scheduled surgery.
Old 2014-07-02, 04:52   Link #10
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Law flashback incoming = him joining the strawhat crew confirmed?
Old 2014-07-02, 05:33   Link #11
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Law flashback incoming = him joining the strawhat crew confirmed?
Why not Rebecca then? Also I am still waiting for the snake in sky island to join the crew, after having seen its flashback of Norland...
Old 2014-07-02, 06:59   Link #12
marvelB

If any character with a flashback is fair game, then I hope that means that ChouChou (the dog from the Buggy arc) joins! Just you see, he'll beat the crap out of anyone who disrespects his owner's pet store!

On a (somewhat) more serious note, though..... while it's cool to see Sr. Pink spamming suplexes on Franky, I wanna see him use a Tombstone against him next. I also want to see Franky finish him off with either a Kinniku Buster or Kinniku Driver. Technically, Muscle Docking would probably be the most fitting here, but it doesn't seem like Franky will have a suitable tag partner for such a move (and I certainly doubt those dwarves can pull it off....).
Old 2014-07-02, 07:18   Link #13
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

Jeet and Abdullah backstabbing never gets old xD and also another epic Bartolomeo face , hope the author doesn't ditch him after this arc. Considering how we have seen his flashback, he is also a potential crew candidate.

Finally, really interested in Laws past, except this time its DD recounting the story and not Law. The arc is far from done, given that the DD goes down only after every one of his executive staff goes down.
Old 2014-07-02, 07:30   Link #14
II Maestro

Bartolomeo's face when leaping off the roof was cute, He is seriously making me wish that he becomes a straw hat crew member.

Jeet & Abdullah are really God Usopp's servent loyal unlike Kelly Funk.
Old 2014-07-02, 10:12   Link #15
whydo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
What confused me this chapter is the fact that Luffy used a regular gomu gomu no attack vs DoFlamingo's clone(non haki infused),yet he used a Haki infused Elephant Gun vs fodder a few pages later...
Because he was surprised and that was just his fight or flight response.
Old 2014-07-02, 10:43   Link #16
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

hmm, after seeing Abdullah and Jeet slicing DD. i guess DD clone just like a robot which can only see the front.
Old 2014-07-02, 12:00   Link #17
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Bartolomeo's face when leaping off the roof was cute, He is seriously making me wish that he becomes a straw hat crew member.

Jeet & Abdullah are really God Usopp's servent loyal unlike Kelly Funk.
i feel like he might join. a barrier power is something totally different and helpful to the crew. as much as i'd like to see rebecca join, she's certainly going to be needed in Dressrosa to rebuild the city and establish a govt there again. the strawhats are due for another girl though. i was really hoping for shirahoshi back at fishman island but oh well
Old 2014-07-02, 12:07   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

get well soon, Oda-sensei

I can't wait longer for Law's past chapter
I like how Luffy making a dead end into a shortcut
Old 2014-07-02, 14:18   Link #19
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Zoro just uses 2 swords... he still looks down on Pica.
Old 2014-07-02, 15:38   Link #20
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

^ well its his first real fight in the NW, he needs to have more fun
Closed Thread