AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2024-01-15, 21:01   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1104 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Happy 2024, guys! What better way to kick off the new year than some juicy spoilers? Credit goes to AP's Redon and pewpiece for the info:

-Chapter title is "Thanks, dad". Splash features Sanji.

-As Kuma is about to punch Saturn, the former warlord has brief flashes of his past. The elder is particularly shocked to see him, since he already activated Kuma's self destruct switch several days ago, when he was rescued by the RA! But that doesn't matter now.... as Kuma's fist lands a devastating blow on Saturn, sending him flying across the island!

-As the marines reel in shock, Sanji's group discover that they can now move again, and decide to escape! According to Vegapunk, the self destruct mechanism wouldn't have actually destroyed Kuma's body, but would have simply shut him down.../ so the fact that he's still moving is still a mystery to the doctor. He then comes to the conclusion that it may be a result of a unique trait the Buccaneer race has! Curiously, in the midst of this chaos, Luffy seems to have vanished....

-Saturn recovers from Kuma's strike, instantly healing all his wounds.... including the arm he lost. He prepares to attack again, but Sanji blocks him! Vegapunk has Atlas take Kuma to safety while the others continue fighting. However, Kizaru recovers, and kicks away Franky! Vegapunk notes that the admiral seems quite saddened by the current situation. Speaking of the marines, they have now received a new order from Saturn: To launch a Buster Call! With so many threats to the government gathered on this island, it must now be eradicated in the name of justice....!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2024-01-17 at 08:21.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 21:22   Link #2
Gerard07

Call me crazy, but the thing about Saturn's arm makes me remember some Terraformers characters (when someone with a crustacean base lost a limb they could recover it with some time), well I hope they explain his ability soon (if someone used the "Ope-Ope no mi" in him before or is there another explanation for his regeneration and for the fact that he does not age).
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-16, 07:39   Link #3
grecefar

Well, kuma punch conected so that's a win for me. Only thing left is to escape egghead and embarrass the marines again.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-17, 08:25   Link #4
marvelB

OP updated! Welp, we officially have a Buster Call on our hands now. I imagine this is going to feel pretty nostalgic for most of the crew, especially with Lucci and Kaku around!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-17, 10:48   Link #5
Rainbowman

I’m glad that punch landed extremely hard but Saturn’s regeneration ability is quite a pain. What’s it going to take to take down that bull headed spider?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-17, 14:31   Link #6
CIRQUAN

How is Saturn regenerating? Is it like Lunarians flame or is it an effect of Ope Ope no Mi`s fruit and it`s "Eternal Life" surgery? They managed to hurt him, but while he keeps regenerating, they can`t do much... How will they defeat Saturn? Will Luffy do it? Will Kuma somehow do it? Will that giant robot do it?
Things are starting to get interesting in OP word, can`t wait for next chapters... Want them now... ^_^

set by myself
CIRQUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-18, 12:34   Link #7
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIRQUAN View Post
How is Saturn regenerating? Is it like Lunarians flame or is it an effect of Ope Ope no Mi`s fruit and it`s "Eternal Life" surgery? They managed to hurt him, but while he keeps regenerating, they can`t do much... How will they defeat Saturn? Will Luffy do it? Will Kuma somehow do it? Will that giant robot do it?
Things are starting to get interesting in OP word, can`t wait for next chapters... Want them now... ^_^
Technically the Ope Ope no Mi’s surgery was allegedly “permanent youth”, it shouldn’t grant regeneration, not to mention that Saturn is clearly old rather than young, it must be something else. I think that only Imu had that surgery.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-18, 17:48   Link #8
Gerard07

Seen the chapter; Kuma hit Saturn (cool) but when he was floating in the air preparing to hit him?, Saturn managed to complain to Vegapunk and everything..., well it doesn't matter, Vegapunk pointed out that the Buccaneer race has another characteristic in addition to its strength (it's related with love), what will it be? The ability to move by will or something?, and Kizaru prepared to fight the Mugiwars (I guess he wasn't the one who fed Luffy), and the bombing was authorized by the ships (but it's not like they were to leave it). a part of the laboratory to preserve the weapon made by Vegapunk?), wait for the next chapter!.
They clarify something for me; Has it been said if Kuma is one of the last Buccaneers or the last?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-20, 21:07   Link #9
Theia_Loki

I think that Iron Giant will be crucial to bringing Saturn down for good, but that's my guess. It might be the only thing outside of Kuma and most likely Luffy in Gear Five that's capable of laying down enough hurt to him.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 18:02   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Looks like Saturn follows the tradition of immortal characters being extremely prone to getting heavily injured compared to other strong characters. Bonney stabbed right through him without even using haki, Kuma punched his freaking arm off, and Franky blew a huge hole through him.

Happy Kuma possibly became the first man to punch one of the Five Elders. Hopefully Vegapunk has a way to restore his humanity.
Old 2024-01-22, 06:09   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

That punch is like the 2nd most satisfying punch in One Piece after Luffy's punch to Tenryuubito in Sabaody Island.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-22, 06:13   Link #12
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Remember what Garp said before at Water Seven?

No one can resist the Fist of Love.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote