AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-09-19, 16:11   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1093 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Let's do this thing, guys! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for info:

-Chapter title is "Luffy vs. Kizaru". Splash has Coby and Helmeppo.

-Luffy is about to throw Kizaru far away as he starts swinging him around! In the meantime, Atlas sets off for the lab's factory in order to override Kizaru's commands to the Pacifista army, as well as help Bonney. The Stella (aka original) Vegapunk decides to join her, and Sanji decides to accompany them, as well. Interestingly, Vega Stella seems to imply that Bonney may actually be a child....

-Nami, Usopp, and Edison stay behind in the control room, while Jinbei carries Vegapunk's belongings to the back of the island. The Franky Shogun, which is being steered by Lilith, is carrying the Sunny to the same location. As for Franky himself, he's also headed for the factory. At the factory floor in question, Bonney is fending off the invading marines! It turns out that Sentoumaru had helped break her fall after Kizaru kicked her last chapter. Elsewhere, Zoro is still facing off against Lucci.... who's now in his awakened mode. Back to Luffy, he throws Kizaru toward the sea, but the admiral, being a light logia, naturally returns instantly.... and strikes back with clones created by his ability! He then aims for the tank that's carrying Sanji's group.....

-....But Luffy arrives just in time to block his attack! The group manage to reach the factory, and successfully reset the Pacifistas' command! At the end of the chapter, we see old man Saturn observing the situation....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-09-20 at 18:18.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-19, 17:03   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder if we'll see Saturn overwrite the Pacifistas's command again. Those poor robots must be so confused by now
Old 2023-09-19, 17:11   Link #3
Gerard07

Seeing the spoilers, Luffy vs Kisaru and Zoro vs Lucci progress slowly but surely, Vegapunk put the robots back on his side, but surely Saturn will change his orders again, the bad thing is that there is no chapter next week T.T ..., well there is nothing to do, wait for more spoilers.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-19, 18:03   Link #4
marvelB

Full summary's already out, so adjustments were made! So... uh, even if it was towards the sea, I still wouldn't consider throwing Kizaru to be a wise strategy on Luffy's part. At the very least, he should have kept a firm hold on him while slam dunking him into the ocean instead! Eh, well I guess I can't fully fault ol' rubber boy here.... it's been two years since he fought the guy, and he's still pretty new to this whole emperor thing, after all.

Anyway, I believe I said before that an awakened Lucci losing to Zoro would basically be like having a big slice of humble pie crammed down his throat, so I'm pretty down for seeing that outcome, heh. Also, what is Bonney's real age? Could she actually be another artificial creation, like Stussy/the Seraphims? Really looking forward to learning her whole story. And yes, it's only a matter of time before Saturn gets himself involved and takes back control of the science army. But surely, Vegapunk could have prepared some sort of contingency just in case one of elders decided to take the reigns from him....?
Old 2023-09-20, 06:29   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Full summary's already out, so adjustments were made! So... uh, even if it was towards the sea, I still wouldn't consider throwing Kizaru to be a wise strategy on Luffy's part. At the very least, he should have kept a firm hold on him while slam dunking him into the ocean instead! Eh, well I guess I can't fully fault ol' rubber boy here.... it's been two years since he fought the guy, and he's still pretty new to this whole emperor thing, after all.
I really hope that one day, a powerful DF user will be thrown into the ocean and die downing. It's amazing it has never happened as far as I recall.

I think that'll be the key to defeating Blackbeard's crew, since they are all DF users. They won't be able to rescue each other, unlike the SHs always do. The again, Kaido's crew was also full of DF users...
Old 2023-09-20, 07:29   Link #6
Rainbowman

Wasn’t there technology that was capable of landing a hit an a hologram that Atlas was using? You’d think that Luffy would would use that technology on Kizaru by now.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-20, 17:57   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Wasn’t there technology that was capable of landing a hit an a hologram that Atlas was using? You’d think that Luffy would would use that technology on Kizaru by now.
Why would he need to? He has haki.
Old 2023-09-20, 18:41   Link #8
marvelB

I love how amazingly calm Kizaru is being throughout this entire situation. Practically nothing seems to faze the guy, lol. And if I'm not mistaken, one of his clones seems to have caught Usopp? Aw, don't go bullying the king of snipers, now! Though on the plus side, it seems our long-nosed friend chose to stand his ground and fight instead of trying to run.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I really hope that one day, a powerful DF user will be thrown into the ocean and die downing. It's amazing it has never happened as far as I recall.
I think the closest thing we've seen to something like that was Jack (from Kaidou's crew, coincidentally enough,) sinking to the ocean floor after his ships got destroyed by Zunesha back in the Zou arc. Only problem was, he's a fish-man, so he could survive in the deep without drowning, though being a DF user still rendered him immobile. I guess he could have just starved to death if nobody came to help him out, lol.
Old 2023-09-20, 19:59   Link #9
patnam

i predict Kizaru will be the first Admiral to get defeated (by Luffy) in One Piece history, and this will shock Sakazuki, Issho, Kuzan & Aramaki...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-21, 14:43   Link #10
grecefar

to be honest it may be his personality but it seems that kizaru is not taking luffy seriously.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-21, 15:08   Link #11
Mazkoom

Send a message via MSN to Mazkoom
The chapter is quite disappointing. I wanted to see Luffy hitting Kizaru a strong hit with CoC infused punch just to see Kizaru bleeding and wondering what the hell is he fighting. I also imagined that both Kizaru and Lucci will land at Saturn's ship all banged up. I liked chapter 1091 because of Luffy's confidence, but Kizaru is playing a Yonko which is not cool at all.
Mazkoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-21, 16:34   Link #12
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, Luffy sent Kizaru away but it didn't take him much to come back, Sentomaru saves Bonney, Zoro vs Lucci progresses well and Vegapunk gives an order to the Robots to go against the Marines but there is also Saturn who should have greater authority than him, the bad thing is that the old Robot did not appear (surely he is waiting to make a great appearance XD) and next week there will be no chapter, but well, it's been said that we'll wait!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-22, 15:21   Link #13
TURI123456

Jewelry Bonney is a little girl it was already said by Jaygarcia Saturn before.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 12:23   Link #14
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Now then, if Saturn overrides the order again, then Vegapunk can conclude that a Gorosei is within the fleet.

That'll makes him a target for the Straw Hats to take him out, but that is only if Zoro can suppress Lucci and Luffy can also take down Kizaru. Kizaru being the Five Elders Honor Guard would means that he probably also got some power-up.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 16:17   Link #15
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Now then, if Saturn overrides the order again, then Vegapunk can conclude that a Gorosei is within the fleet.

That'll makes him a target for the Straw Hats to take him out, but that is only if Zoro can suppress Lucci and Luffy can also take down Kizaru. Kizaru being the Five Elders Honor Guard would means that he probably also got some power-up.
I don't think that going to happen except for Jaygarcia Saturn (who already prove that he can fight) there are around 100 warships there and also a few thousand of soldiers nobody of the Straw Hat Pirates is so hasty (I'm not so sure if this the right word) that he/she will go against so many enemies (Monkey D. Luffy isn't count). So if something like that happens I think it will be the handiwork of the Blackbeard Pirates that appeared but still didn't do anything.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote