AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-10-24, 13:53   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1096 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Let's get to it! Credit to Redon and co. for the info:

-Chapter title is "Kumachi". Splash features Zoro.

-Continuing the flashback, as the Celestial Dragons' barbaric hunting game begins, Garp is contacted by the (at the time) fleet admiral, Kong! He says that something huge is going down at God Valley, as several big-name pirates are making their way to the island.... including Roger. Apparently, the Celestial Dragons had stolen something from Hachinosu, and the pirates want to take it back....

-Meanwhile, the slaves concoct a plan to escape from God Valley.... by stealing the Devil Fruits that are meant to be the prizes for the hunting competition. As a means of distraction, Ginny leaked the info about this contest to the outside world, guaranteeing outside intervention! Kuma also volunteers to be a decoy since his Buccaneer blood gives him a better chance of survival than most. Soon enough, the Rocks pirates make landfall, causing a huge stir in God Valley! It's not long before Roger's crew and Garp's fleet land, as well! Amidst all the chaos, Kuma and Ivankov manage to reach the fruits, but Iva ends up getting mugged by Linlin! Kuma, on the other hand, is lucky enough to eat his fruit right away....

-...But as soon as he does, he's confronted by none other than Saturn! As the elder assaults him, Kuma questions the world's inequalities, and vows to use his newfound to help people, just like Nika did. Unfortunately, us readers don't get to see the rest of the God Valley incident unfold.... at least, not yet. Instead, we skip ahead to when Kuma and his friends have safely reached the Sorbet kingdom. As it turns out, young Kuma managed to save over 500 innocent lives during that turmoil! But now that everyone is safe, the time has come for Iva to set off to sea and enjoy his newfound freedom.

-As for Ginny, she decides to stay with Kuma (who she calls "Kumachi", like the chapter title). They begin living an honest life together, and during one meal, Kuma notes how big of an appetite she has. In the end, the two find themselves in tears as they realize how happy they are to have freedom.....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-10-25 at 18:10.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-24, 19:32   Link #2
Gerard07

Given the spoilers, it seems that we will see several familiar faces (although younger), and although it is a shame that we do not get to see the entire incident on the island, it seems that we will see how Kuma became the "Tyrant", to expect more spoilers.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 08:34   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

So, my guess is this is where the incident took place.

I do hope we get more details, such as how Rocks found out about Tenryubito's place and who originally Ivankov belonged to during their time as a slave.

Big shots going to God Valley are either coincidence, Rocks got heard of the news and decided to attack Tenryubito, and Roger heading there could be either for an expedition or fighting Rocks. Elsewhere, having all big shots together would lead to many theories and speculation on how those big shots comes together.

Most plausible theory? Everything is a coincidence.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 14:02   Link #4
necrolyte

This chapter is pretty solid. I love how chaotic everything became as soon as pirates started showing up. The only thing that feels strange at the moment is why was Gol. D. Roger so determined to attack Rocks. Probably something that happened in their past even before the accident on God Valley but I hope we see the reasoning behind this "hatred". Also, it was really nice seeing so many faces being part of the same crew like Stussy and the old hag from Amazon Lilly and so on.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 17:59   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So apparently the Celestial Dragons stole something very important from Hachinosu back then and thanks to Ginny leaking info about their little game to the outside world, Rocks headed straight for God Valley with Roger hot on his trail. Such a shame we didn't get to see the incident, but at least we can probably put the theories that Rocks was actually a good guy to rest, he went there to take back what was his and probably slaughtered anyone in his path, including the civilians.
Old 2023-10-25, 18:33   Link #6
marvelB

Well, the fan TL is already out, but I updated the summary, anyway. Interesting (but not really surprising) that the CDs were ballsy enough to steal treasure from Hachinosu, of all places. As for the Rocks crew, while it's interesting to see that Gloriosa/Nyon was a former member (yet not Shakky? ), I'm actually more curious as to whether or not the younger Stussy was actually strong. I mean yeah, her clone is tough and all, but is that something passed down from the original, or was that just science at work? Because the elderly Stussy (aka Bakkin) doesn't seem all that tough to me, lol. Also, I'm guessing that's Rocks himself at the bottom left of the crew's intro page? In that case, I wonder if the guy above him is supposed to be Ouchoku or Silver Axe? I'm leaning more toward the former since he was even mentioned fairly recently (as one of the main players of the Rocky Port incident, even).

What else.... oh yeah, it's cool to finally see Kong again. Hope that means he'll finally show up in the present time, as well. Also, those Holy Knights have some interesting designs. So I guess they're all old codgers now, like Garling? Or are some of their offspring inheriting the work? Could go either way, I guess. Anyways, pretty much little doubt now that Ginny is Bonney's mother., what with the whole "glutton" thing. I also liked that Oda tied in Kuma's carrying around a bible by revealing he lived in a church in his youth. I enjoy little details like that. Anyway, wonder where this flashback will go next...
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 18:48   Link #7
grecefar

this was a good chapter, that rocks panel was really awesome. I agree it would've been great if oda showed the incident, maybe in the future?

with that ending, yeah ginny must be bonney's mother.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 20:02   Link #8
Rainbowman

Hard to tell how many pieces of this incident there are going to be with this flashback being only one of them. No physical introduction of Rocks here and the God’s Knights that appeared in this chapter have not been named yet. Other than that it’s a great chapter.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 20:52   Link #9
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

So, to put it sum, the info was like this:

- Rocks caught the info from Ginny's broadcast and decided to go there to combat Celestial Dragons, intending to take back what they stole.
- Roger caught wind of the intel about the Rocks movement and decided to take a go as well.
- Garp, who initially is on vacation mode, goes into full combat mode after hearing Roger is heading to the God Valley.

So, I think we'll get more information about Kuma from here on out. Though, I may expect that the Kingdom Kuma established later on could consist of survivors from the God Valley.

Last edited by Ramero; 2023-10-26 at 05:29.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-26, 11:49   Link #10
Gerard07

It was a good chapter, we saw the twisted side of the Tenryubitos (again), also part of the Rocks Pirates, Roger (with the straw hat), Garp, and Kuma talking to Saturn, it's a shame we couldn't see the whole incident, but at least we will continue with Kuma's story, waiting for the next chapter!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-27, 11:02   Link #11
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
What are the odds of snake lady being Yamato's mother?
Old 2023-10-27, 12:27   Link #12
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Not very likely. If she managed to stay with Kaido for 10 years, we should have heard about it in Wano.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-27, 12:57   Link #13
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
By "odds of snake lady" do you mean to Gloriosa? In that case, I think it will be zero or close to it.

By the way, I wondering who was the man that Gloriosa loved if it was Rocks D. Xebec or Maybe Edward Newgate ("Whitebeard") or perhaps someone else.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-30, 09:04   Link #14
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Peak chapter
Rocks pirates, Roger pirates, and Garp in one chapter

so... Bonney is actually Ivankov's nephew? lol
We might have Revolutionary interfered this arc then.. Sabo and Ivankov will do everything to save family.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote