AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2024-01-29, 22:00   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1106 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

That time is upon us, friends! Credit for info goes to AP's Redon and pewpiece:

-Chapter title is "At your side". Splash features Robin.

-As the Buster Call continues its bombardment, Saturn orders the Pacifista army to finish everyone off! As the clones take aim at her, Bonney shouts to them, begging them to let her escape with her dad! Suddenly, upon her words, the war machines switch targets.... to the marines!

-As it turns out, Vegapunk had an ace up his sleeve: Because he was worried that Bonney may be a potential target of the Pacifistas one day, he secretly made it so that she stood at the top of their command hierarchy! Saturn, enraged by Vegapunk's treachery, orders Kizaru to massacre everyone on the island! The admiral takes out Franky, Atlas, and Sanji, but before he can reach Bonney, he gets stopped by Luffy, who's now fully recovered! As she watches the rubber man fight, Vegapunk explains to her that Luffy in his G5 form is indeed the next coming of Nika.....

-Meanwhile, out at sea, we find out who obliterated the marine ships last chapter: The giant pirates, DORRY AND BROGY! They've come to back up Luffy, who they already acknowledge as the Sun God....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2024-02-02 at 14:02.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 08:23   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Oooh. That was unexpected. Dorry and Brogy as reinforcements!?

Now, Usopp will be happy to see them again after Water 7.

But, Bonney above the Gorosei for the authority? Damn, it seems she would definitely use it to assist Straw Hats escaped and stay with them for a while with Kuma.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 09:19   Link #3
grecefar

well, it was indeed unexpected but a pleasant suprise to see dorry and brogy.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 12:41   Link #4
Gerard07

Seeing the spoilers, Vegapunk changed the authority of the chips to Bonney, Luffy recovered, Saturn targets Vegapunk (and Sanji wasn't going to help him?), and in the end the ones who destroyed the ships are Dorry and Brogy (I thought it was the Pirates of Kurohige), but they had not destroyed Kid's ship in Elbaf?, how long has it been since that happened?, or does it simply mean that both islands are very close?, wait for more spoilers!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 13:28   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Dorry and Brogy weren't on my bingo card, but it makes sense given that Elbaf is close. They can probably deal with the Buster Call all by themselves, can't they? Sinking a fleet shouldn't be too hard for them.
Old 2024-01-31, 04:32   Link #6
Homura7

It's over. The Pacifista have turned against the marines at Bonney's command, and now the giants have arrived. The Buster Call is done for and Saturn has completely lost it this time.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-31, 07:46   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
It's over. The Pacifista have turned against the marines at Bonney's command, and now the giants have arrived. The Buster Call is done for and Saturn has completely lost it this time.
We don't even need Kizaru to switch sides anymore. The marines are completely screwed.
Old 2024-01-31, 22:02   Link #8
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We don't even need Kizaru to switch sides anymore. The marines are completely screwed.
IB4 Saturn reveals he has super advance conqueror's haki that negs everyone but Luffy...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-01, 00:09   Link #9
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
like I said, we will see one of the Gorosei Saturn and Admiral Kizaru to get "bite the dust" and this incident will shock the whole world including Imp...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-01, 03:08   Link #10
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
like I said, we will see one of the Gorosei Saturn and Admiral Kizaru to get "bite the dust" and this incident will shock the whole world including Imp...
It's just how Enies Lobby happens all over again. Aokiji witnessed the entire events at Enies Lobby, and he knew that the moment Straw Hats escaped, that was their defeat. But, this time, it's more than that.

Also, Vegapunk takes serious damage from Saturn, and his life is now at Luffy and Chopper's hands.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-01, 07:43   Link #11
grecefar

Good chapter, bonnie knows now that luffy is nika, pacifistas turned, the giant robot awakening and dorry and brogy to save the mugiwara.

The tides were turned.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-01, 15:47   Link #12
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Dorry and Brogy weren't on my bingo card, but it makes sense given that Elbaf is close. They can probably deal with the Buster Call all by themselves, can't they? Sinking a fleet shouldn't be too hard for them.
To be fair, we all should have expected it since they had some focus before the night dealing with the Seraphim had ended. They did get involved in sinking the Kid Pirates' ship back at Elbaf, which is also the Straw Hats' next destination.
But still, this would be one hell of a reunion!

Then there's that Iron Giant, which hasn't gotten up and moving yet, so the deck is already getting heavily stacked against the WG and the Marines. (sucks to be them!)

I think it also helps that I had Bye Bye There! from Pizza Tower rolling in my mind before reading this latest chapter. It's quite fitting. ^_^
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-01, 18:52   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm confused why Vegapunk only told Bonney she holds absolute authority over all Pacifistas now. It would have been extremely useful earlier, and I don't see why he had to keep it a secret from her. Feels like a twist for the sake of a twist.

Everything else was awesome. I'm surprised the Giants know about Nika.
Old 2024-02-01, 19:32   Link #14
Gerard07

Watching the episode, Bonney is in control of all the Pacifists (although I agree with what they said above, why didn't they tell him before?, was it because he wasn't close enough to give the order or something?) , Vegapunk was seriously injured by Saturn (I hope he doesn't die yet, we need him to tell us what he discovered about the Void Century), the old robot still doesn't move (hopefully he punches Saturn soon), Luffy returns to the fight, and Dorry and Brogy come to save the Mugiwara and to Nika, I guess since Elbaf is a country outside the control of the World Government, maybe that legend or story has been passed down in some way..., well wait for the next chapter?.
Ask; Who do you think would have won the fight between Dorry and Brogy? Or would they have left it tied or unfinished for some reason?.
Old 2024-02-01, 23:41   Link #15
Theia_Loki

Quote:
I'm confused why Vegapunk only told Bonney she holds absolute authority over all Pacifistas now. It would have been extremely useful earlier, and I don't see why he had to keep it a secret from her. Feels like a twist for the sake of a twist.

For the first one, it might have been a trump card kept hoping it wouldn't have to be used.

The second one? It was kind of foreshadowed by that fasting thing done as thanks to the Sun God way back during the events of Tottoland. That might have been a big factor in why the WG and Marines were that worried about the Giants.
Guess the Navy ended up rolling Snake Eyes with where their shit is definitely going.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-02, 04:39   Link #16
Homura7

Quote:

Very easy to explain. You have to remember the situation was relatively calm at first, and the Pacifista and the Seraphim were obedient before everything went downhill. Nevermind that Bonney mistakenly thought Vegapunk killed her father Kuma and was not going to listen to anything he would say, so it was pointless to bring that up because there was no reason for it.

But the situation has changed now. After learning the truth through Kuma's memories, Bonney now knows she can trust Vegapunk and Luffy. With Saturn ordering the Pacifista to shoot at her, there was no better time for Vegapunk to bring that secret up. There's a time and place for everything, afterall.
Old 2024-02-02, 07:23   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homura7 View Post
Very easy to explain. You have to remember the situation was relatively calm at first, and the Pacifista and the Seraphim were obedient before everything went downhill. Nevermind that Bonney mistakenly thought Vegapunk killed her father Kuma and was not going to listen to anything he would say, so it was pointless to bring that up because there was no reason for it.

But the situation has changed now. After learning the truth through Kuma's memories, Bonney now knows she can trust Vegapunk and Luffy. With Saturn ordering the Pacifista to shoot at her, there was no better time for Vegapunk to bring that secret up. There's a time and place for everything, afterall.
He should have told her after they captured York. She had already seen Kuma's memories by then and the Pacifistas had been turned against them once already. There was no telling what would happen, better safe than sorry.
Old 2024-02-02, 08:17   Link #18
Homura7

I can't blame Vegapunk on the lateness, he never would have imagined one of the highest authorities of the World would come personally. That turn of events quickly overwhelmed them for him to say anything. What matters though is that it came in handy to turn the tides in their favor.

Didn't people ask a few months ago if Vegapunk had a contingency plan in case the Pacifista and the Seraphim turned against them? Best part is that he did all that for Bonney's wellbeing and not himself.
Old 2024-02-04, 08:18   Link #19
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
I think it also helps that I had Bye Bye There! from Pizza Tower rolling in my mind before reading this latest chapter. It's quite fitting. ^_^
Before this chapter my mind had me thinking of Terminal Velocity from Sonic Colors. With Dorry and Brogy’s arrival it made me think of whatever victory there was in the Attack on Titan franchise.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 12:27   Link #20
Gerard07

Please clarify a couple of doubts for me if you can;
-How long will Mugiwara be in Egghead?, a couple of days or a week?.
-According to Saturn, Kuma is the “last Buccaneer” or “one of the last Buccaneers”?.