AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 26 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 44.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 19.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-24, 18:00   Link #181
Baka-yuki
Lucky Bibliomaniac

Send a message via AIM to Baka-yuki
I used to not think Pocky was that good, i had about 4 to 6 boxes from a tournament so long ago. Now I can't stop craving it. No idea why, have'nt had any in so long.
Loved the static part and Kona-chans Christmas uniform.
Kagami: No!
Konata: Yes...
Kona's Dad: Strongerrr!!!
I lol'd
Old 2007-06-24, 22:41   Link #182
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I just watched the ep finally after a hellish weekend working... Very good episode. Lots of reference to cop shows.. even once to the movie used for another ED, Sailor Suit and Machine Gun.

The Christmas Cake reference to Nanako sensei: Unmarried women over 25 are called Christmas Cakes since after no one want one past the 25th. Christmas in Japan, if you must know, is a holiday for children and lovers. I heard that more girls become impregnate during Christmas than even Valentines Day. Love Hotels are packed during Christmas eve. That's why Konata cried when she saw Nanako online during Xmas eve... she was feeling compassionate for her lack of date.

Kona-chan's dad, despite being a Hen-na-oyaji, is a good father.

About inbound/outbound train, well Katsukabe City is considered a Tokyo suburb. People live in Saitama or Chiba are people who work in Tokyo but can't afford to live there. Inbound train probably means that they actually live closer to Tokyo, while outbound means they live farther to Tokyo than Katsukabe City, where land it cheaper. Miyuki takes in the inbound train because perhaps she's richer and her house is close to Tokyo.

Love Kona's cosplay pict.. finally. But where's the maido-fuku??? But at least we'll finally see the Hiiragi Sister's miko outfit next episode. Wohoo!

When Kagami-sama talked about they're open to all religions, they are shown worshipping in a Buddhist temple. They are Shinto priestesses but it's quite normal for Japanese to believe in both Shinto and Buddhism. Even professional Miko-chans. It's strange they would sing in a choir though, as less than 1% of Japanese population is Christian. Christmas is just an excuse to have sex, mostly.

The ED.. Oh my gosh... DORAEMON OP. Every man, woman, and children in Asia knows this song. Even those who knows zero Japanese or even hates the Japanese, knows the Doraemon Song. This is actually one of those anime songs frequently sang in karaokes which everyone will join-in. "On On On.. tottemo saisuki doraemon..." To most adult Japanese, doraemon IS their childhood.

Over all a great episode. Lost of aspect of Japanese live and trivia, and a few tender moments. Can't wait for Akira-sama's appearance in the main storyline. What would she be? Oh my, Cousin Yui's younger sister? I sure hope not.

EDIT: Doraemon OP posted in the Music Video thread.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-06-24 at 23:08.
Old 2007-06-25, 06:16   Link #183
FGSFDS
This is FGSFDSPARTAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
The ED.. Oh my gosh... DORAEMON OP. Every man, woman, and children in Asia knows this song. Even those who knows zero Japanese or even hates the Japanese, knows the Doraemon Song. This is actually one of those anime songs frequently sang in karaokes which everyone will join-in. "On On On.. tottemo saisuki doraemon..." To most adult Japanese, doraemon IS their childhood.
I'm one exception for a South-East Asian only exposed to local crappy shows, that's my childhood.
Old 2007-06-25, 06:37   Link #184
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGSFDS View Post
I'm one exception for a South-East Asian only exposed to local crappy shows, that's my childhood.
Unless you're 30-something or more, I am compelled to say that you must have been watching the wrong channels at the wrong times. The late 80's and the 90's were filled with pretty good stuff, both animated and live-action. I have no comments on the new century because I had stopped watching TV regularly by then due to lack of time.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-25, 08:30   Link #185
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

sad thing though, I dont know Doraemon, so I wouldn't know anything about the opening theme in this episode's ending...

The whole "rub your head with something and then touch something metal" shock experiment...is that true?
the last segment about getting shock by even touching someone...has that happen to anyone?
Old 2007-06-25, 11:19   Link #186
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
The whole "rub your head with something and then touch something metal" shock experiment...is that true?
It's probably analogous to rubbing one's feet on carpet to generating static electricity and then getting shocked.

Quote:
The last segment about getting shock by even touching someone...has that happen to anyone?
*raises hand* And it's usually me that does the shocking.
Old 2007-06-25, 12:17   Link #187
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
the last segment about getting shock by even touching someone...has that happen to anyone?
It happens to be me consistantly. I get shocked touching people, door handles, or anything metal related.

I can't say "YES" when opening doors...
Old 2007-06-25, 12:21   Link #188
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ahhh good old static electricity........its a real royal pain in ones arse.

Tsukasa: Sebastian, like, stinks.

the totally random comment that had me lol
Old 2007-06-25, 12:22   Link #189
FGSFDS
This is FGSFDSPARTAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Unless you're 30-something or more, I am compelled to say that you must have been watching the wrong channels at the wrong times. The late 80's and the 90's were filled with pretty good stuff, both animated and live-action. I have no comments on the new century because I had stopped watching TV regularly by then due to lack of time.

Cheers.
No I don't watch old animes in the past, I don't get to. Seeing the same old local actor/actress face when the television's on...

Oh god...
Old 2007-06-25, 12:23   Link #190
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
It happens to be me consistantly. I get shocked touching people, door handles, or anything metal related.

If you can't settle for "YES", why not go for "STRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOONGGGGEEER!!!!!" instead?
Old 2007-06-25, 12:28   Link #191
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I hardly ever get shocked. It hasn't happened to me in years. And I never expect it, because it happens so seldom, so I can't really enjoy it.
Old 2007-06-25, 12:32   Link #192
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
If you can't settle for "YES", why not go for "STRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOONGGGGEEER!!!!!" instead?
Cus I don't want to be stronger in that department.

For some reason I don't think Kona-Oto-san's really using his hand to touch the door handel when he yells "stronger!!"
Old 2007-06-25, 12:39   Link #193
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
For some reason I don't think Kona-Oto-san's really using his hand to touch the door handel when he yells "stronger!!"
That just sounds so wrong for the, ahem, more "creative" people.....
Old 2007-06-25, 16:44   Link #194
Meophist

As for Pocky, it's probably more of a cultural thing than taste or flavour. In any case, I enjoy it, mostly because I rarely have it. Each time becomes a special moment, so it brings back memories. I also make sure not to have it too often because of that.
Old 2007-06-25, 17:28   Link #195
TheWindKnight
FuuxFerio 'till the end

Send a message via AIM to TheWindKnight Send a message via Yahoo to TheWindKnight
Quote:
You mean you don't enjoy it? Waffo and I actually rub our butts on chairs, or our socked feet on floors to get static'd.
Old 2007-06-25, 17:31   Link #196
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sometimes I'll try the stuff I loved as a kid.... two possibilities:
1) I was a complete 'tard when it came to what was good tasting. (Actually there are a few studies that indicate that young tastebuds don't work well)
2) They've changed all the recipes so it really DOES taste like crap now.

It is probably a bit of both. I can't stand most of the chocolate bars and snacks on the US market anymore.
Old 2007-06-25, 17:32   Link #197
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I prefer to rub an inflated balloon on my hair, but that's just me. Living in a very dry environment helps a lot, too.

Edit: Darnit, second time today Vexx has slipped a post in milliseconds before I do. Grr, I see how it is. ;P
Old 2007-06-25, 17:56   Link #198
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think the non sequitur of the two lines intermingling is quite funny

I suppose we should return to ep 11 (I'm downloading the EnA version now for preferred enjoyment).
Old 2007-06-26, 02:21   Link #199
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

wow so this whole static electricity shocking thing is real!?...pretty cool, I might want to try it and shock my friends!

I know how it feels to get shock and I've been shocked before from my friends with those prank electric shock pens, where you try to click-open the pen, but you get shocked...ouch!
Old 2007-06-26, 03:55   Link #200
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Haha static electricity... last time in my class we took our classes in an air conditioned room.. and eveyrone would vigorously rub their shoes on the ground and shock the person in front of them XD

And finally... AN ED THAT I'VE HEARD OF !!!~
Closed Thread