Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 11:11   Link #1001
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
This episode was the end of Volume 1. People are estimating that the adaptation should get to book 3 at least, or book 4 if they skip some things.
Wow, the anime is very detailed like the Light Novel. Most anime these days have 1 volume in two or 3 episodes. It is kind of a second nature when watching anime base off Light Novel to see how much anime producers change or leave out stuff due to budgets. You kind of always ask the question, okay how does it compare to the original source? I usually read all volumes of the Light Novel that would be soon to be air on T.V. to compare (though couldn't with this one since it is not translated yet). Usually the ones I enjoy gives off the same feeling as the Light Novel.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-05-03 at 11:37.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 11:18   Link #1002
backbone
Banned

^Well, pretty much same here. I could just actually go to baidu and read the LN by myself but i just don't want to spoil myself (At least until the anime finishes). Oh, just how many times already i curse some people who carelessly spoil things from manga on this thread?
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 11:31   Link #1003
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
^Well, pretty much same here. I could just actually go to baidu and read the LN by myself but i just don't want to spoil myself (At least until the anime finishes). Oh, just how many times already i curse some people who carelessly spoil things from manga on this thread?
I keep the spoilers to myself so I don't offend people. My philosophy for watching anime base off Light Novel is almost the same as reading a storybook or Light Novel for me is skip the entire thing and read the ending. Then start reading the book or Light Novel. When the anime hasn't started yet, I read the entire Light Novel of what is translated.

To sum it up, to me a great story isn't how it goes during the duration of the story then eventually knowing the ending, it is about the interest of how the story progress once you know the ending so you pick up greater interest to see how the author's methods to reaches the story's ending. In my experience if you reading the story normally, by the time of half the Novel or story already read, you pretty much predict the ending and you seek no longer to finish it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 11:43   Link #1004
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I cringed when Emi slid her knees on the asphalt, that has gotta hurt...
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 11:46   Link #1005
larethian

I have some mixed feelings after watching this episode, but overall, I enjoyed it very much. The comedy can't be called stellar but very fun to watch, probably because I've always enjoyed this sort of manzai jabs and comebacks, rather than harem antics. It's a good resolution to v1 (according to some posters) with a number of questions resolved. And looks like we will not depart completely from the serious side of things given that stuff is happening on Ente Isla. Nice hook.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 11:57   Link #1006
kyouray
2D > 3D

That's a pretty good episode. They mixed well action & humour in this episode. Action scenes weren't as impressive as the first episode ones but it still was good. They brought back the WHITE FOX regulars from the first episode (Atsushi Ikariya, Kazuhisa Nakamura, Taro Ikegami, Satoshi Mori), Mori probably did effects and I suspect Atsushi Ikariya doing Emi's transformation (that's kinda fun since it feels so Saber-ish and Ikariya worked on Fate/Zero). Ashiya was fun as usual (his cape ) and Satan was badass (dat last punch).
The opening is sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I cringed when Emi slid her knees on the asphalt, that has gotta hurt...
Same. That painful sound.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:03   Link #1007
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 12:58   Link #1008
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
We saw this happen already in episode 4, when Emi's friend was grateful for her tack in not asking about the Kobe earthquake.
Are you sure about that? Emi said herself that was just power she was had been saving incase Maou went back to his old ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If so then that's just sloppy on Emilia's part.

That's the kind of mistake a B-grade movie villain would make.
I just hope it's not a common occurrence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
by the way can maou become manager? if he work long enough?
Give him six months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Wow, the anime is very detailed like the Light Novel. Most anime these days have 1 volume in two or 3 episodes. It is kind of a second nature when watching anime base off Light Novel to see how much anime producers change or leave out stuff due to budgets. You kind of always ask the question, okay how does it compare to the original source? I usually read all volumes of the Light Novel that would be soon to be air on T.V. to compare (though couldn't with this one since it is not translated yet). Usually the ones I enjoy gives off the same feeling as the Light Novel.
It's really not that unusual for production stuff to rearranged things from source material for better flow in a TV show. It's sort of thing you should expect.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 13:05   Link #1009
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Are you sure about that? Emi said herself that was just power she was had been saving incase Maou went back to his old ways.
Her friend did gave Emi the hint by saying that humans could become angels or humans depending on their actions.
She also had a monologue in the bath and when she thought about the warmth of the human heart, her hands slightly glowed, which was her getting some magic.
You may have missed that because of all that steam in that scene.
Old 2013-05-03, 13:09   Link #1010
Iron Maw
Banned

Okay, that's nice catch.

Unlike with Demons the plot seem make point about how sacred power was limited in comparison though.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 13:23   Link #1011
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Okay, that's nice catch.

Unlike with Demons the plot seem make point about how sacred power was limited in comparison though.
I think it's basing on the fact that sincere, positive emotion are much scarcer than stress, despair, fear etc negative emotion among human, in this world at least.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 15:03   Link #1012
ookamigirl

Lucifer, Maou, Orba and Emilia.
Looks like good old fashioned human hunger for power is here as well.
Orba and Lucifer vs Maou and Emilia. Those are really weird pairs.
Guess Maou isn't the real villain of this story.
It was fun watching the transform and fight.
Awesome episode!! Just epic!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 15:12   Link #1013
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The fight is funny and action packed at the same time
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 16:40   Link #1014
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Love Chi-chan's face here.
Old 2013-05-03, 16:43   Link #1015
Azure King
Snr Spammer

anyone explain why the 3 humans came into this world without transforming into the younger self?
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 16:57   Link #1016
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
anyone explain why the 3 humans came into this world without transforming into the younger self?
..........Because no one does that? Maou and Alsiel became human, not younger.
Old 2013-05-03, 17:03   Link #1017
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
..........Because no one does that? Maou and Alsiel became human, not younger.
Well, in terms of age, they are younger since Maou is 300 and Alsiel is 1500. I guess it'd be impossible to be human and be at those ages.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 17:27   Link #1018
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

That was an epic episode! For an anime with so much humour, it had me grinning the whole time with the action scenes and the epicness that radiated off Maou and Alsiel (Emi not so much )

I was trying to find gifs on the internet of both Maou and Asiel that could be used as Avatars and Signatures, I found one where Maou and Lucifer were face to face, but I can't really find any of Asiel at the moment which is a shame
Old 2013-05-03, 17:43   Link #1019
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
That was an epic episode! For an anime with so much humour, it had me grinning the whole time with the action scenes and the epicness that radiated off Maou and Alsiel (Emi not so much )
Emi didn't do enough level grinding. She should be able to solo a mid-boss like Lucifer even if she is low on MP.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 17:57   Link #1020
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Emi didn't do enough level grinding. She should be able to solo a mid-boss like Lucifer even if she is low on MP.
Emi didn't like the story much, so she didn't bother to do any side missions, which made the final fight doable (and shaved off 25 hours getting there), but when the Final, Final Boss appeared, she actually didn't have any MP left and had to switch out to other party members to survive.

I've played too many RPGs.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work