AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-03, 11:02   Link #61
Yuki-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanhana
o.O When does fruitbasket end?? ooo i want to know when it talks about
Spoiler for tohru's childhood:
hey, are the fruit basket manga's translated into english?? If they are.. i want them!! cuz, right now i'm reading the chapters that hoshi manga are scanlating....

Spoiler for tohru's childhood:
and also they have I think volumes 1-12 in English at least those are the only ones we have in my library.

Last edited by xris; 2006-02-03 at 14:46.
Old 2006-02-03, 14:13   Link #62
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

... I think you might want to put that on spoiler tags my friend.
Old 2006-02-10, 09:06   Link #63
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Fruits Basket mana question, request spoilers :3

currently im have read Fruits Basket manga volume 1-4 and 6, im collecting them now because theyre hard to get XD
also saw the anime and own the series on DvD

Spoiler for those who haven't read the later volumes:

sorry for asking for spoilers but the new manga volumes have not been released in this country yet, i would have to get the chapters through the internet but i dont want to read it like that, since i find it more enjoyable to read the manga at home when it comes out

tank you for answering *bows*

Last edited by xris; 2006-02-10 at 10:46.
Old 2006-02-26, 02:20   Link #64
falconAERO69

I felt the saddest after reading chapter 107...

If you can't recall what happens I'll give you a hint. "Next time shishou wont be lonely" When Kyo said that I felt really sad because it's almost as if he's giving up on ever being free from his life obligations after high school
Old 2006-03-07, 07:57   Link #65
Kyaa the Catlord

Question about a comment made by the manga-ka in chapter 3's talk. She mentions she has been playing a game called "Tokyo Friend", does anyone know what sort of game this is? She seems to have interesting taste in video games, at least imho.
Old 2006-05-11, 17:03   Link #66
litoyui

toru&kyo 4E...not sure how to spell her name...sorry .....i love kyo so much... he is soo cute..kAWAIEEEEEE
Old 2006-06-07, 18:03   Link #67
LilaPocket7
Onigiri

Talking Fruits Basket manga SPOILERS WELCOME (and needed...)

Ok who has spoilers? I'm so impatient waiting 4 Fruits Basket books that it's not even funny.
Old 2006-07-01, 15:45   Link #68
Sterg

i though fruits basket was pretty good but the guys are sometimes mastaken as girls! 1 thing i like about fb is kyo epcaly when he says "I hate that dang Yuki!"lol
Old 2006-07-02, 22:13   Link #69
urbad2
ZoMbInE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key
I think it's worth a warning, though, that the artwork changes midway through the series (maybe around volume 9 or so?). Everyone looks quite different from how they looked at the start of the series (you won't have trouble telling them apart, but they all look older and... well, different).
yea thats tru but thats because they are getting older, i havnt picked up vol 14 yet (i think i only have up to 12 right now) (oh and im sry i forgot the names of the ppl so i'll their zodiac creatures) but the cat and mouse are going to be seniors the bunny and the other guy with the white hair are just entering highschool, so everyones growing up, unlike a lot of mangas around this one actual follows the laws of time and space
Old 2006-07-03, 21:12   Link #70
kaori_da_sue
hehehe....

Send a message via AIM to kaori_da_sue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterg
i though fruits basket was pretty good but the guys are sometimes mastaken as girls! 1 thing i like about fb is kyo epcaly when he says "I hate that dang Yuki!"lol
That's so true! Yuki is originaly a girls name so when i saw him i thought he was a GIRL! maybe........Yuki IS a girl! That'll explain alot.
Old 2006-07-06, 16:27   Link #71
ryublade

Nope, Yuki is definitely a guy since he changes form when hugged by girls. Remember the opposite sex will cause the zodiac to change forms.
Old 2006-07-07, 10:07   Link #72
Checkered Blood
Noodle Assassin

Location: Like hell I'll tell you. Are you nuts? I already put my age and real name and stuff!
Send a message via AIM to Checkered Blood
Actually.....Fruits Basket is 19 volumes long, and growing. Took me a while to find that out, but it's true.
Old 2006-07-07, 17:03   Link #73
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Where does the Manga begin after the anime ends
Old 2006-07-07, 17:09   Link #74
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Volume 7, I believe. A couple of things were switched around in the anime, so you might as well just start from the beginning. Six volumes aren't that many anyway.
Old 2006-07-07, 22:38   Link #75
urbad2
ZoMbInE

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered Blood
Actually.....Fruits Basket is 19 volumes long, and growing. Took me a while to find that out, but it's true.
YUP THATS RIGHT! no seriously that is right there are more than 19 vol. and i think it might reach 25 or 30 vol. because i dont see this manga ending anytime soon! so much has too happen to them all and things (during vol. 19) are happening so i think it might not reach 30 but hey its too early to tell!

ooooooooooooh im just so excited and so happy right now i know some stuff that others dont (those who havnt read up to chap 116) and its soo annoying that i cant tell u guyz cause it would upset u sooo much!!

so i'll leave it at that! if you willing to endure the truth and hear about wat happens in the later vol. (past vol. 14) then PM me and i will be sure to answer them all!
Old 2006-07-08, 03:56   Link #76
ShellyKukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX
MEGA SPOILERS for the latest chapters up to #122. And be ready... if you thought the spoiler about Akito was big, you're in for BIG surprise(S).

I used Box in a Box spoilers for the extra suspense

Spoiler #1
Spoiler:
That's all interesting. To be honest I used to be a major furaba fan. First the anime, then the manga, which I read regularly. But eventually the prospect of Tohru/Kyou-ness began to annoy me. I mean, I find Tohru/Kyou as appealing as ketchup on icecream. I don't know, I just never cared for kyou that much but suddenly he became her love interest and Yuki had some convenient love interest and in my view it was all very lame. And it seemed like the author was riding this "Tohru is your savior" theme to the death. That and the artwork just went from bad to worse. I have been on a furuba hiatus but I may start reading it again.
Old 2006-07-08, 05:39   Link #77
AnimeFangirl

I thought I was the only one who had noticed how horrible the Furuba art had gotten. As for Tohru/Kyou, I was rooting for them in the beginning but now it's taken so long to get to that point that I don't even care any more. Just get it over with already!
Old 2006-07-08, 21:11   Link #78
urbad2
ZoMbInE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX
MEGA SPOILERS for the latest chapters up to #122. And be ready... if you thought the spoiler about Akito was big, you're in for BIG surprise(S).

I used Box in a Box spoilers for the extra suspense

Spoiler #1
Spoiler:

and how did u find all this out, wat chap are u up to, im up to 116 and i dont even know about half of spoiler one, the part with kureno i didnt know about
Old 2006-07-09, 09:23   Link #79
IcY^Dr3aMzZ
^-^V

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbad2
and how did u find all this out, wat chap are u up to, im up to 116 and i dont even know about half of spoiler one, the part with kureno i didnt know about
Its from chapter 120+. U still have a few chapters to go =)
Old 2006-07-09, 10:19   Link #80
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Spoiler:

And I've heard that the next chapter is the last: chapter 130, volume 22. A bit rushed if you asked me, and I hope there will (maybe) be at least two more chapter to wrap things up better. But... Furuba is not going to drag on any more and it's definitely not going to reach volume 30.

The artwork, hmm, I found the artwork in the beginning pretty awful. I think I prefer the later artwork more... it's actually slightly more realistic and natural.

Now, Tohru and Machi kinda look like some of my classmates, Machi especially (I live in Hong Kong).

Last edited by Yukinokesshou; 2006-07-09 at 21:02.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance