AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 22 25.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 41.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 21.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-27, 11:22   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
its great to listen that the episode has turned out wel...but why the hell have SS-Eclipse not released it??? its pissin me of...uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
You might want to review the forum rules .... hammering fansub groups for not meeting your needs quick enough isn't terribly kosher. They don't *have* to do anything -- fansubbing is a hobby, not a job.

I'd rather they share a quality effort with us than a half-assed result.
Old 2006-10-27, 11:36   Link #42
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
its great to listen that the episode has turned out wel...but why the hell have SS-Eclipse not released it??? its pissin me of...uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Well, soooooo sorry for that. O_o;

Since there's obviously some winny poisoning on a professional level going on, the first raw with sufficient video quality for a release arrived at 5:30am in my morning. That left us exactly _12_ (in words: twelve) hours for translating, editing, typesetting, timing, QC, filtering, sign-splicing, encoding and final-proofing of 2 releases, one of them a CPU-intensive h.264 encode.

Folks, that doesn't happen all by itself ^_^; ...and this is a weekday, where people have stuff like jobs and so. As long as it takes 10 hours just to acquire a quality raw, it will be difficult enough to keep the 24h turnaround target.

But you might want to have a look around. Sprocket-TWH releases extremely early lately
Old 2006-10-27, 12:42   Link #43
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler for makoto:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
i never knew that mokoto had a shy personality but after meeting ayu her impression on me has changed...cute is the word to put it ^_^
Mokoto really is a wonderful little girl... She wasn't really one of my favorites in the past, but Kyoani's version of her is making me like her a bit more. Of course it's hard to shake my fandom of Mai personally... which if the preview is any account, we MIGHT actually get to see more of next time around
Old 2006-10-27, 12:54   Link #44
Lord Faust

Send a message via MSN to Lord Faust
First things first, I wanna join Nayuki's all girls track team!! Hot damn, pretty I would easily get back into shape...Now where do I sign up?

Anything complains about this episode? Pretty much same as anybody else, this episode severely lacks in Mai sheer whole some goodness. Least I get to see much more of the beautiful Akiko this episode, so all is forgiven I guess.

The meeting of Makoto and Ayu seem so innocent, cute and beautiful, Pretty much like 5 year old girls meeting for the first time for a play session...My cuteOmeter was off the charts for this scene.

Wait, now that I think about it, there is something I need to get of my chest. Why on Earth on every single episode there is a scene involving Yuiichi upsetting Nayuki in one way or another? And I thought Yuiichi should know better now being grown up and stuff...Tsk...Tsk...Tsk... He really need to learn how to treat ladies better in general...^_^

Have a feeling that next week, the notorious jam and beautiful Mai will be getting more screen time, can't wait. Anyways people always say tha Eclipse subbs are superior, but I went with Sprocket -TWH, can't really tell the difference, least there is a group fan subbing it, and I am thankful for that...

Well enough ranting from me, next week same time, same forum Kanon fans...^_^
Old 2006-10-27, 13:10   Link #45
martino
makes no files now

Ahhhh...the small Ayu is so cute!

Interesting...so they never let us see a fight scene with Mai yet. There's too much excitement now. I want to turn time forwards!!!
Well, it was expected since they will have to stretch it to 24 episodes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Faust
Wait, now that I think about it, there is something I need to get of my chest. Why on Earth on every single episode there is a scene involving Yuiichi upsetting Nayuki in one way or another? And I thought Yuiichi should know better now being grown up and stuff...Tsk...Tsk...Tsk... He really need to learn how to treat ladies better in general...^_^
I don't think that she is the only female character getting abuse from Yuiichi. Just take a look at Makoto and Ayu. The only characters that won't get abuse from him are most likely Shiori, and well all the other ones...

And a perfectly done job by Eclipse-SS, again!
Old 2006-10-27, 13:21   Link #46
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Faust View Post
If this upsets you, I recommend that you read the manga; he treats Nayuki much better and there's a lot more give-and-take in that relationship.

I think I have a good idea as to what's missing in this anime... there's no one who can communicate with Yuuichi at the same level - no one he can bounce ideas off of, understand his concerns, or help or support him in any meaningful way. Nayuki fulfilled the role in the manga, but there's no one in the anime who seems to be able to do so. Kaori seems to be the only one who's capable, but she's been relegated to a minor role.

I just get the feeling that the girls in this anime adaptation are severely lacking in intelligence and sophistication - to some, it may seem "cute", but for others, it really makes the storyline shallow. I think the game players can vouch for this as well - it's not just the tragic events that made the story compelling; but also the richness of the characters. I'm just not seeing that so far.
Old 2006-10-27, 13:32   Link #47
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, I finally manage to watched episode 4..

Spoiler for Some higlights I made:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-10-27, 13:34   Link #48
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Oh my goodness yes, Akiko is such a hottie. The 2002 didn't do her as much justice as this one. Well, she IS single, and I AM 31 . . .
Old 2006-10-27, 13:37   Link #49
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Well, she IS single, and I AM 31 . . .
I thought she was a widow? In any case, she's not single since she had Nayuki
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-27, 14:01   Link #50
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Oh my goodness yes, Akiko is such a hottie. The 2002 didn't do her as much justice as this one. Well, she IS single, and I AM 31 . . .
Just a thought here, since we're talking about lusting over Akiko and age differences and such, since Key has a reported penchant for setting their stories in real places, do they do the same thing for time as well? As an example, I hear that AIR was set at about the time it was released, the summer of 2000 which coincides with a real astronomical phenomenon that Minagi observed.

That said, if true, we're looking at events in 1999, some seven years ago. If she's in her thirties then, she'll very likely be in her forties now. Would you still go for her taking this into account?

To address what Cyz mentioned about Akiko's possibly being widowed, given the additional episode space to work with that the ToeiAni version never had and from what I've heard, isn't that part of the story going to get a bit more fleshing out? That could go a very long way to helping us understand Nayuki's character dynamics.

And an additional thought about Akiko this time around:

Spoiler for Possible major spoiler:

--Ian.
Old 2006-10-27, 14:16   Link #51
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
And an additional thought about Akiko this time around:

Spoiler for Possible major spoiler:

--Ian.
she has that look too at the old version. it wasn't given much emphasis though.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-27, 14:16   Link #52
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In my case, Akiko's age is not an issue but then - cartoon characters are eternal
Old 2006-10-27, 14:18   Link #53
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
You'll be faced with mystery jam and 了承(一秒) (one second acknowledgement) everyday though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
Just a thought here, since we're talking about lusting over Akiko and age differences and such, since Key has a reported penchant for setting their stories in real places, do they do the same thing for time as well? As an example, I hear that AIR was set at about the time it was released, the summer of 2000 which coincides with a real astronomical phenomenon that Minagi observed.

That said, if true, we're looking at events in 1999, some seven years ago. If she's in her thirties then, she'll very likely be in her forties now. Would you still go for her taking this into account?
Akiko-san is forever 28 years-oldww
Old 2006-10-27, 14:25   Link #54
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In my case, Akiko's age is not an issue but then - cartoon characters are eternal
so true...tbh if we didnt know that akiko was the mother of nayuki i would have guessed her to be around 21-24

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-27, 15:38   Link #55
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
she has that look too at the old version. it wasn't given much emphasis though.
Hmmm, I guess I'll have to dig it out when I get home from work this evening and check it out. It's been years since I seriously watched it.

Spoiler for re: Akiko, in relation to Ayu and Yuuchi:

--Ian.

Last edited by IRJustman; 2006-10-27 at 17:48.
Old 2006-10-27, 15:39   Link #56
New/Old
Old to the New

Spoiler for Makoto Spoiler. Careful now.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman
To address what Cyz mentioned about Akiko's possibly being widowed, given the additional episode space to work with that the ToeiAni version never had and from what I've heard, isn't that part of the story going to get a bit more fleshing out? That could go a very long way to helping us understand Nayuki's character dynamics.
Hmm.... My forgetful mind doesn't recall it ever dealing with Akiko's husband at all. I think it is one of the unexplained mysteries of the game like her jam. So there is only a small chance that Kyoani may dabble on it. Probably not, but...
Old 2006-10-27, 15:52   Link #57
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

And I thought that the taiyuki was a nice ice breaker and a good idea on Ayu's part.
Spoiler:

Which brings me to Makoto..
Spoiler:

I loved the stream sound effects in this episode.

Last edited by orion; 2006-10-27 at 19:40.
Old 2006-10-27, 16:12   Link #58
i0td

I actually really liked the pacing of this episode and how it focused a little on more of the mundane. The bits with the taiyaki, school clubs (not like Genshiken or SOS-dan lol), having nice meals at the dinner table, and just hanging out with friends and family in general. Everything about this episode was just so nice and relaxed; it really does make you feel all warm inside.
Old 2006-10-27, 16:36   Link #59
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well..i really didnt mean to scold the fansubs...i have utmost respect for SS-Eclipse...neway thanks to them I enjoyed another great episode.. The combination of Ayu and Makoto was simply too good.

But the best part was nayuki in her ponytail...i think she looked awesome. Infact in words of Kyon "Actually ponytails turn me on...The ponytail on you looked so good that it was criminal"
Old 2006-10-27, 17:58   Link #60
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

And we learn something else about Ayu..

Spoiler:

Yep. Yuichi needs some help...

Spoiler: