Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-12, 05:23   Link #261
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
When Kira fires downward at the big explosion the fires ALL of his weapons except for his CIWS vulcans. The rail guns would have stood for the damage to Shinn's family by blasting the ground nearby; it wouldn't have been a direct hit by either since the rail gun shells would simply rip throught them and the beams would annihilate them.
oh, you mean the all out attack by Freedom, yup, it could be the railgun... although the beam guns also can cause some big explosions it seems...

oh, another thing about ED, it seems no one has commented on the Shiho-Yzak pair-up yet?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 05:43   Link #262
wao
OK.

LMAO. Stellar.. transsexual? Now that's one of the most absurd theories I've ever heard. But if that were true now that would be interesting.

However, her dancing in front of that mirror really was quite odd. She seems to be a very peculiar personality... Could it be due to the influence of the drugs or something? Whatever it is, at least it's a change from your usual normal person in SEED...

And there's absolutely no point thinking about a GSD forum because I'm 80% sure one will be created... This very topic (SOLELY dedicated to just one episode) has already ballooned and it makes sense to get a forum for it for much easier organization.

However, if Bandai announces GSD soon, then, tough luck, no subs on 'suki and this'd get shoved to the DVD & Licensed forum (then again, One Piece is licensed... hmm... never mind then)
Old 2004-10-12, 07:04   Link #263
rorosama

How long after seed is destiny? Is it just me or has lacus chest gotten larger and perkier.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 07:11   Link #264
wao
OK.

Two years. Lacus is now a very suspicious character. You know, it is now likely that there are two Lacuses... Damnit, Destiny is all about not leaving things alone. Stop messing with Murrue, dammit. I hope they don't kill her. OOH, IF THEY KILL HER (or Cagalli)...
Old 2004-10-12, 07:16   Link #265
Pai
ハガレン fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Stop messing with Murrue, dammit. I hope they don't kill her. OOH, IF THEY KILL HER (or Cagalli)...
No no no I hope no!! >_<

(I like Cagalli and Murrue so much!!)
Old 2004-10-12, 07:20   Link #266
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Two years. Lacus is now a very suspicious character. You know, it is now likely that there are two Lacuses... Damnit, Destiny is all about not leaving things alone. Stop messing with Murrue, dammit. I hope they don't kill her. OOH, IF THEY KILL HER (or Cagalli)...
From http://forums.animeondvd.com/showthr...d&sb=5&o=&vc=1 (a very interesting thread)

Quote:
In additional to the real Lacus, another character Tanaka Rie may very well voice in Gundam SEED Destiny is the fake Lacus.

A rumor currently circulating in Japan is that the fake Lacus is named Kizuna Kousaka. I first came across the name a few months ago in one of the many Gundam SEED Destiny rumors that were floating around at the time.

Kizuna strongly resembles Lacus, but has deep blue hair instead of pink hair. Kizuna's hair has been dyed pink in order for Kizuna to impersonate Lacus.

In regard to the rumor, one Japanese fan says that Kizuna yearns after Lacus, getting used to being her, and wants to become her.
Seems like everyone's taking the whole "two Lacus's" thing seriously...
Old 2004-10-12, 07:29   Link #267
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
you mean Lacus was not suspicious before? I mean, stealing Freedom, plotting rebellion, lecturing people right in the middle of a battle?

I just hope they don't kill Miriallia or Yzak... they better not... or else...
Old 2004-10-12, 08:08   Link #268
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
you mean Lacus was not suspicious before? I mean, stealing Freedom, plotting rebellion, lecturing people right in the middle of a battle?

I just hope they don't kill Miriallia or Yzak... they better not... or else...
Aww, they won't kill Yzak. He's a commander now, which means that he has his own ship. Maybe they gave him the Eternal and painted it blue cuz he insisted that he not captain a pink ship . Seriously though, I wonder what happened to the Eternal.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 08:10   Link #269
DwArD
mAnIaC

Interesting....so there is one Lacus-maniac who wants to become Lacus. This is getting creepy....
Old 2004-10-12, 08:16   Link #270
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Interesting....so there is one Lacus-maniac who wants to become Lacus. This is getting creepy....
Don't forget it's an unconfirmed rumour, though. Heh.... what if this becomes acepted truth and then it turns out to ne otherwise...
Old 2004-10-12, 09:49   Link #271
WabukiSensei
Chillin out

Is it just me or do all of Athrun's gundam's look so much alike that they could be considered triplets? Sure, justice had the backpack and Aegis could turn into a crab or something and savior can turn into a plane but still the similarities are so striking.....

Oh and how come impulse is sometimes shows as being all white and red, like in this episode and other times it's white,red and blue like freedom/strike?
WabukiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 10:21   Link #272
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabukiSensei
Is it just me or do all of Athrun's gundam's look so much alike that they could be considered triplets? Sure, justice had the backpack and Aegis could turn into a crab or something and savior can turn into a plane but still the similarities are so striking.....

Oh and how come impulse is sometimes shows as being all white and red, like in this episode and other times it's white,red and blue like freedom/strike?
I think it's the silhouette feature if I'm not mistaken. In its normal state and with the force pack it's blue, when the sword silhoette is on it's red, and when the blast silhouette is on, it's black and green. Guess it's there way of trying to make Impulse unique, because aside from the different colour schemes, it's pretty much a remake of the Strike Gundam. Why all of Athrun's Gundams look the same is beyond me. They're all the same colour and aside from their faces, all have the same heads. But, hey I'm not complaining, Athrun's one of my favourite characters and all of his Gundams look cool .

Now, give Yzak his Duel Gundam back!!!
Old 2004-10-12, 10:40   Link #273
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
oh, another thing about ED, it seems no one has commented on the Shiho-Yzak pair-up yet?
Finally some love for Yzak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Aww, they won't kill Yzak. He's a commander now, which means that he has his own ship. Maybe they gave him the Eternal and painted it blue cuz he insisted that he not captain a pink ship . Seriously though, I wonder what happened to the Eternal.
Yzak needs his own ship, but don't think it'd be the Eternal. If I remember right it couldn't actually house Mobile Suits and seemed to just be a means for carrying around the Meteor units. Besides it was last in Orb/Lacus' hands so not sure why she'd have handed it over to Zaft. Curious about what happened to Yzak's Duel gundam though, it has to be somewhere...As somebody pointed out it's no longer the powerhouse it once was compared to some new Mobile Suits, but it is still better than some units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Now, give Yzak his Duel Gundam back!!!
Nah, give him, Dearka, and Shiho their own new Gundams halfway into the series.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 10:51   Link #274
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabukiSensei
Yep, which I actually prefer. Perhaps it is because his character is so consistent and represents stability, hence it's no coincidence that his Gundams constantly have the same color scheme to reflect that.

[obligatory Zeta reference: Athrun always pilots a red-colored mobile suit (we don't know if he'll get a gold colored one in Destiny), sports those Quattro shades...so he must be a warm and cuddly rip-off of Char! ]
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 11:02   Link #275
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
The Eternal could indeed house mobile suits, but it was built specifically to ferry around Justice, Freedom and quite possibly Regenerate and Providence as well, just that Justice and Freedom were finished first. It was horribly under-armed for a battleship, it was more like a light destroyer and had to depend on its mobile suit units for larger engagement since it only had one beam cannon, missile tubes and CIWS.

I like the Gardi Ruu and Minerva, they look a lot like the Archangel both of them but in two different design directions - and the Gardi Ruu has a lot of beam cannons.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 11:15   Link #276
Silver_Scorcher

Out of all the rumors of Destiny, the one that I never heard of until episode one aired was that Lacus look-alike. And you know what? It may be true. Look at the ending credits. You can see a pic of Lacus in her new outfit, sitting on top of the Impulse Gundam. You also see what apears to be SEED MSV's Shiho Hanenfus sitting beside Yzak & Dearka (Although this has probably been mentioned before, but I'm too lazy to look at all those other posts), and then Kira & Lacus holding hands beside the wrecked Freedom Gundam. Maybe it's a sign that Kira & Shins encounter will get quite nasty. I guess that the Lacus dancing around in the opening is the lookalike. Probably explains how her breasts just blossomed out of no where in two years.

Well I guess what Sanjuronord said was probably right about Yzak's Duel Gundam. Seeing as he has that new Zaku Phantom it's only logical that he gets a new Gundam later on. Lunamaria will probably get the Impulse from Shin while he gets the Destiny Gundam, and Ray will probably get a Rau Le Cruiset type of Gundam. As for Dearka... Given that he got demoted for going awol he probably won't be able to go anywhere near a Gundam unit. A sign that he may get killed off maybe? They'd better not, and that goes for Yzak & Cagalli too.
Old 2004-10-12, 11:18   Link #277
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
The Eternal could indeed house mobile suits, but it was built specifically to ferry around Justice, Freedom and quite possibly Regenerate and Providence as well, just that Justice and Freedom were finished first. It was horribly under-armed for a battleship, it was more like a light destroyer and had to depend on its mobile suit units for larger engagement since it only had one beam cannon, missile tubes and CIWS.

I like the Gardi Ruu and Minerva, they look a lot like the Archangel both of them but in two different design directions - and the Gardi Ruu has a lot of beam cannons.
Hmm... Eternal only has one beam cannon? I seem to remember it firing multiple beams when they fight off the ZAFT and Dominion to escape?
Old 2004-10-12, 11:32   Link #278
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
who is this girl that people saying yazk will be with?? in the ending i can't really see who is it... O.o it's so dark... do you have a clearer picture??
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 11:38   Link #279
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Shiho Hahnenfuss, ZAFT ace pilot and pilot of the CGUE DEEP Arms.

And the Eternal has only one beam cannon.

And when ZAFT develops a second batch of high-performance custom units Yzak will probably get one since he is one of the senior officers and a veteran of the last war (and custom units sell a lot of model kits and toys). Dearka's demotion will probably not be in the way since Yzak could probably use his influence and the fact that he's yet another veteran - I'd rather have Dearka as my wingman than Lunamaria. No matter how skilled she was getting that red uniform it's nothing against the battle experience that Dearka has. And custom units sell a lot of model kits and toys.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 11:44   Link #280
Rias

Spoiler for the next 5 epsiode

Spoiler:
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote