AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-01-02, 21:50   Link #1401
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAndy94 View Post
Just wondering, who's on scanning duties right now?
No one told me to scan anything else from the second score book~ I know there's a few more character songs, but everyone seems more interested in the new one that came out recently.

Alas, my PC died. Got a new one, just need to steal switch the old one's optical drive and power supply. Dunno when I'll have time to scan just yet....

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 04:27   Link #1402
trenton_dawn
Silt

If anyone has scans of Girly Storm Shissou Stick, I can give a shot at tabbing it out.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 06:20   Link #1403
MagnaDrake
iAmAwesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
No one told me to scan anything else from the second score book~ I know there's a few more character songs, but everyone seems more interested in the new one that came out recently.
Send Me Fuyu no Hi when you can scan them. Also you can send some character songs that hasnt been tabbed yet.
MagnaDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 14:55   Link #1404
chubi23

Quote:

Alas, my PC died. Got a new one, just need to steal switch the old one's optical drive and power supply. Dunno when I'll have time to scan just yet....

humming bird should be good i suppose
Old 2011-01-03, 16:10   Link #1405
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
To our scanners, this is all that's left so far. As far as I know, all of Part 3, Sunday Siesta, Hello Little Girl, Mezase Happy 100%, Humming Bird, Oui! Ai kotoba, and Prologue.
To our tabers, there's nothing to tab once I get trenton_dawn Girly Storm so rest easy for a while.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 19:27   Link #1406
Frizo
Say what?

Quote:
To our scanners, this is all that's left so far. As far as I know, all of Part 3, Sunday Siesta, Hello Little Girl, Mezase Happy 100%, Humming Bird, Oui! Ai kotoba, and Prologue.
To our tabers, there's nothing to tab once I get trenton_dawn Girly Storm so rest easy for a while.
Sunday Siesta...I love that song. Does anyone here on these forums just so happen to own that Lets Music! 3? If not, I'll try and pick it up myself...and scan it that is.
Frizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 20:02   Link #1407
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaDrake View Post
Send Me Fuyu no Hi when you can scan them. Also you can send some character songs that hasnt been tabbed yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizo View Post
Sunday Siesta...I love that song. Does anyone here on these forums just so happen to own that Lets Music! 3? If not, I'll try and pick it up myself...and scan it that is.
I don't have it.... yet. You're free to scan as well~ Because I think I'm the only one who bothered scanning aside from that CaptnAwesome dood with one song and someone else had a hard copy to help with tabbing. orz

Buuuuut, my order shipped out of Japan on Dec 24th. When I use SAL, it usually takes up to three weeks for me to get something. So, hopefully I'll have a real computer before it gets here. =w=;

Also, I don't send scans out unless you plan to TAB them. When that's done, then everyone can look at the scans if they want. D:
Quote:
'kay, so.

1) Girly Storm
2) Humming Bird
3) Sunday Siesta?
4) ?
5) ??
6) ???

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 20:37   Link #1408
trenton_dawn
Silt

I already got the Girly Storm scans (got started tabbing already ), so you don't need to worry about that.
Old 2011-01-03, 21:13   Link #1409
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Quote:

1) Girly Storm
2) Humming Bird
3) Sunday Siesta?
4) ?
5) ??
6) ???
If we're going with part 3:
U&I
Gohan wa Okazu
Fuyu no Hi

Without:
Hello Little Girl
Mezase Happy 100%
Ai Kotoba
Old 2011-01-03, 22:36   Link #1410
trenton_dawn
Silt

Okay, this is my first time working with the official score. Anyone happen to know what it means when there's a little "2x" near some parenthesis (I'm guessing it means that's what you do the second time through)?

I could also use some tips on how to read the drum score properly (I can make some guesses but I'd rather be sure)?

Last edited by trenton_dawn; 2011-01-03 at 22:49.
Old 2011-01-03, 23:16   Link #1411
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
Okay, this is my first time working with the official score. Anyone happen to know what it means when there's a little "2x" near some parenthesis (I'm guessing it means that's what you do the second time through)?

I could also use some tips on how to read the drum score properly (I can make some guesses but I'd rather be sure)?
the (2x) means play only second time, but if there is a (2x tacet) that means do not play the second time. These apply both for D.S.x if there is a Coda. As for drum tabs, most of the notes can be placed exactly as is when you open up the drum tab window. Exceptions are the cymbals which can be found at the back of the book.
That page is somewhere on here, but the only thing you really need to know is that if it's an x sitting on a bar it's the hi-hat. A circle above it is open, and a plus sign is closed. If there is none, it's assumed closed. If it is an x raised above the bar it is the ride cymbal. If there is an accent over the raised x it becomes the crash cymbal. Once you figure out the drums and cymbals it becomes easy.
Old 2011-01-04, 06:22   Link #1412
Saphira Veera
*Author

Does anyone play the keyboard/piano here?

Sakura Kyouko
Saphira Veera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 11:32   Link #1413
trenton_dawn
Silt

Yes, I am a classically trained pianist with almost 10 years of experience.
Old 2011-01-04, 16:26   Link #1414
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira Veera View Post
Does anyone play the keyboard/piano here?
I Play The Piano, but not that good at it
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 00:12   Link #1415
SirSlarty

This is an excellent resource for some really fun music!

Having the tab for Gi-Ta Ni Kubittake helped me out with a couple of the bass line's rhythms.

I'd like to help out. I own the official tabs and I started tabbing out Sunday Siesta since bossa nova basslines are fun.
SirSlarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 10:33   Link #1416
Saphira Veera
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
Yes, I am a classically trained pianist with almost 10 years of experience.
Wonderful~! Do you by any chance have transcribed any of the character's image songs? I'm dying to try out Honey Sweet Tea Time, but I'm useless at listening and trying to find the chords and tones, so I was hoping you could help me out, onegaiiiii?

Ritsu's or Mio's would be more than awesome. Thank you soo much.

Sakura Kyouko
Saphira Veera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 11:48   Link #1417
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira Veera View Post
Wonderful~! Do you by any chance have transcribed any of the character's image songs? I'm dying to try out Honey Sweet Tea Time, but I'm useless at listening and trying to find the chords and tones, so I was hoping you could help me out, onegaiiiii?

Ritsu's or Mio's would be more than awesome. Thank you soo much.
I wish I could--I'm dying to play those songs too--but learning by ear is by far my worst skill. One thing about classical training is that you always have the sheet music for stuff, so there's not much call for trying to learn things by ear.

Ultimate Guitar has a GP5 of Honey Sweet Tea Time, though, so you might want to check that out.
Old 2011-01-07, 03:50   Link #1418
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
This is an excellent resource for some really fun music!

Having the tab for Gi-Ta Ni Kubittake helped me out with a couple of the bass line's rhythms.

I'd like to help out. I own the official tabs and I started tabbing out Sunday Siesta since bossa nova basslines are fun.

great!! i am really curious on how the tabs for that song will turn out. (plus since my electric guitar is temporarily out of commission, i grow a fonding for my acoustic guitar).

oh yeah, while we're on that, uhm, i would also want to suggest to tab out Hello Little Girl, Prologue, and Ai Kotoba. seems like they are really interesting songs to play and learn. (or just second the motion if any of these are up for tabbing).

thanks.
Old 2011-01-07, 22:33   Link #1419
SirSlarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
great!! i am really curious on how the tabs for that song will turn out. (plus since my electric guitar is temporarily out of commission, i grow a fonding for my acoustic guitar).

oh yeah, while we're on that, uhm, i would also want to suggest to tab out Hello Little Girl, Prologue, and Ai Kotoba. seems like they are really interesting songs to play and learn. (or just second the motion if any of these are up for tabbing).

thanks.
The offical tabs for Sunday Siesta don't have any guitar aside from the bass. It's all keyboards/synth but I'll try to remember to add the chord names in my tabbing program (using TuxGuitar).

Prologue is a pretty song. If no one else is tabbing it, I'll it a go, too.
SirSlarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 17:03   Link #1420
chubi23

Quote:
If we're going with part 3:
U&I
Gohan wa Okazu
Fuyu no Hi

Without:
Hello Little Girl
Mezase Happy 100%