AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Angel Beats! character(s)
Tenshi/Tachibana Kanade 244 59.37%
Nakamura Yuri 178 43.31%
Otonashi Yuzuru 145 35.28%
Hinata Hideki 135 32.85%
Yui 167 40.63%
Shiina 103 25.06%
T.K. 141 34.31%
Takamatsu 18 4.38%
Fujimaki 11 2.68%
Takeyama 9 2.19%
Ooyama 20 4.87%
Noda 35 8.52%
Matsushita 10 2.43%
Naoi Ayato 64 15.57%
Yusa 45 10.95%
Iwasawa Asami 102 24.82%
Hisako 28 6.81%
Irie Miyuki 19 4.62%
Sekine Shiori 21 5.11%
Otonashi Hatsune 21 5.11%
Igarashi 11 2.68%
Saitou 4 0.97%
Chaa 5 1.22%
Evil Tenshi (Clones) 34 8.27%
Others (specify) 5 1.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-03, 06:10   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Angel Beats! - Favourite Character(s) Poll

Welcome to the Angel Beats! Favourite Character(s) Poll , the place when you can adorn your favourite Angel Beats! characters and support them expressing all of your love!

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to come back and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2010-07-03, 07:10   Link #2
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

My favourite votes go to Yuri and Kanade (Hinata, Shiina and Noda were close, but not there).

Then consolation votes for Yusa, Irie, Sekine and the evil clones ;_;

PS; Thank there Pellissier... an AS series without a favourite character poll does not feel 'completed' ^^
Old 2010-07-03, 07:11   Link #3
zette

Yay, it's here! Voted for:

Kanade - I think she will probably get the most votes in this poll. I just have a thing for characters that initially show no emotion whatsoever but begin to slowly change that demeanor as a result of their interactions with the other characters. It's also really sad to see her so lonely during the first half of the series with the whole SSS rebelling against her, so much so that you just wanna give her a hug. She's also really adorable and that's never a bad thing.

Yui - I really like her hyperactivity, even more so when the reason for that was revealed. It was a sad life indeed; she could not do the things she wanted -- playing in a band, playing baseball or soccer, anything that required much movement of the body -- just because of a tragic car accident, and due to that, she ended up living an unfulfilled life and found her way to the afterlife. It was nice seeing her in ep10 finally being able to do the things she's always wanted to, and also finally finding love, although it wasn't nice seeing her go.

T.K. - Get chance and luck. That is all.

I like Yuri and Yuzuru as well, but not so much that I would consider them my favorite characters of the series, so they didn't get my vote.

Also, Pellissier, you misspelled 'Otonashi' there.
Old 2010-07-03, 08:47   Link #4
kitten320

Now I will have hard time picking... I have about 7-8 characters I like... do you think I should limit it to smaller number?
Old 2010-07-03, 08:51   Link #5
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
Kanade - no words needed
Yuri - was good to see her emotional side in the last ep
Yusa - dont know but i somehow like her ^^
Iwasawa - because...
Old 2010-07-03, 09:26   Link #6
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

TK: Look at my avi and sign .

Kanade: Seriously if it hadn't been for her, I couldn't have picked this anime in the first place.

Hinata: I usually have a thing for happy-go-lucky guys but totally don't just exist for comic relief like him.

Otonashi: I really love main characters that have personalities like him. His backstory moved me as well.

Yuri: Just after how much she showed her great abilities as a leader, I couldn't help taking some likings to her.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2010-07-03, 10:25   Link #7
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Yuri: Probably my favorite female character in recent anime, since Hitagi. Plus she showed herself to be a great leader, whom always gave thought to the situations they face. So obvious to vote for her.

Hinata: Episode 10; I don't think I need to say more .

Yui: I liked her cuteness, craziness , and hyperactivity, and even more so like others when her past was revealed. I had feeling I'd enjoy her character since her first conversation with Otonashi in episode 3, and I was right .

Shiina: Ever since her weakness for cuteness, and the broom balancing Scene, I've rather liked Shiina.

Hatsune: While she didn't have a lot of time in the series, I liked her since she was the always positive type despite being in the hospital for over a year, and she had an important role.

Also gave consolation votes to the 4 original girls of GDM since I doubt they'll get that many. Close Characters, but not quite my favorites Otonashi, Yusa, and Kanade.
MAL
Old 2010-07-03, 11:43   Link #8
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yuri - She's just an awesome leader. Very strong and has lots of courage.
Kanade - To be honest i though her as pretty average until the end of the last episode when her past was revealed.
Otonashi and Hinata - They're both easy to relate to. Otonashi's funny because he lets his imagination get away with him and Hinata is funny because of his snarkiness and game talk in the Light novel.
Yui - Best. Genki Girl. Ever.
Shiina - Best. Ninja. Ever.
Iwasawa - Pretty damn cool. The ballad was amazing.
Noda-For being so God damn hilarious.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-07-04 at 08:25.
Old 2010-07-03, 13:39   Link #9
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Cackerjacks! I only voted for Yusa... I meant to vote for Sekine and Irie too...

Last edited by momobunny; 2010-07-03 at 17:56.
Old 2010-07-03, 15:28   Link #10
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Kanade-- because she's just completely win. Her moe is obviously over 8000
Yuri-- just for being such a great competent leader
Otonashi-- For providing us with amusing situations
Hinata-- Best friend ever
Yui-- She's very jumpy and cute, yet never that annoying.
Shiina-- "How shallow minded"
TK-- GET CHANCE AND LUCK
Yusa-- That scene where she trips that guy is like 101% win.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-07-03, 17:07   Link #11
GreatTeacherKen

Kanade- because I think she's one of the better developed characters. She's also the most adorable especially once we get to know her better in the later episodes.

T.K.- Although he's a minor character with little plot importance, he steals every scene he's in because he's the quirkiest character in a cast full of quirky people. I also think it's funny that he almost never stops moving; there are very few moments in the series where he stands completely still.
Old 2010-07-03, 18:50   Link #12
Reinako
チェックメイト・・・

My votes went towards Kanade, Yuzuru and Iwasawa.

First, I liked Kanade because she developed as a character throughout the series and she had no intention of being evil. She was quite adorable in many situations and was proved to be quite helpful, especially towards the end. Although we didn't really get to learn her backstory, it was still great to get to know her better.

I chose Yuzuru because he was a very helpful protagonist that never gave up in any situation (!) and he also was quite funny at times, but overall, just a fantastic character that you don't usually find in many series. I admired his courage and his perseverance.

Iwasawa was a quiet character, but I just loved how she was a kind character throughout her time. She was a lovely leader and people admired her as the band leader and as a great person. I loved the songs that she sang and she just proved to be a fantastic person.

I also meant to vote for Shiina also, but I guess I forgot. Of course, the number of lines she has in the series can be counted on our fingers, but she was a very great person who tried to help all she could. Being a ninja just makes her so much more awesome. :3
Old 2010-07-03, 19:29   Link #13
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Noda - He is an incredibly loyal person, and unconditionally affectionate to Yuri. He wields my favorite weapon - A halberd. His weapon of choice and the scene following (the 100-die combo one, if I have to be specific) immediately made him my favorite character.

TK - By far the most interesting and catchiest character I've seen in a long, long time. His character goes above and beyond eccentric and hits comical from time-to-time.

Shiina - Regardless of her lack of screentime, she got my attention every time she showed up. One of the things I like about her is she tries to make up for her failures. An example is her balancing a broom on her fingertip so she could increase concentration.

Iwasawa - Cool and level-headed is what I like most. Since she was able to disappear very early on, she still makes it on my list because how emotional and moving her songs were. All and all, she is an awesome character.

Naoi - A lot of people may dislike him for his arrogant and God complex, but I sincerely like him because of how symbolic he is. The situations he cause are humorous. (Example: Clothespin.) His cool but arrogant yandere attitude is a plus as well.

That's it for me.
Old 2010-07-03, 20:05   Link #14
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Tachibana Kanade: We need a reason for this? She's the catalyst for everything, almost.

Nakamura Yuri: For being the first to realise what had happened. In spite of her thinking everyone's 'stupid', she's pretty smart, loving (obviously) and courageous. As was said on her graduation certificate: "For showing the greatest dedication in the Battlefront"

Otonashi Yuzuru: He moved us along. And for once, he was the only sane one too. He made sure everyone had left before he did, almost putting him with the same qualities of Yuri, just with some more romance added.
Old 2010-07-03, 21:05   Link #15
kitten320

Alright I have limited myself to 6 characters or otherwise I would have voted for half of them.

Kanade
- I think it is obviouse, she probably was the most interesting character for me. The way she was changing over the series was entertaining and her fighting skills are beyond aweasome. She simply wn.

Iwasawa - I can't really explain why... she just caught my attention despite appearing only in first 3 episodes. The way she dissapeared also was probably the most saddest for me.

Yuri - a really good balanced character who isn't over powered yet strong. Who is smart, a good leader and is able to feel sorry and apologize for her wrong actions.

TK
- each time he opened his mouth, I loled. His phrase with "eyes" was my favorite when he was fighting shadows. Such a pity that he was treated as no one in the series.

Shiina - another un-appricated character by anime creators. She has strengh and sometimes her actions are really funny and I was so curiouse to see her past

Yusa
- for tripping the guy at the stage.
Old 2010-07-04, 00:04   Link #16
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

TK, because he was the only one that really mattered. So... pointless like a lot of characters, but he stands out so much and has so much charisma. For some reason.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-07-04, 08:07   Link #17
2-D
Your two-sided friend

Noda, ultimate badassery.
Old 2010-07-04, 09:04   Link #18
Newhope

Shiina and Tk both funny as hell and still managed to grab my attention despite not having much screen time would have loved seeing there pasts.

Saying that Angel beats probably one of the best casts i've seen in along and most of them where criminally underused.
Old 2010-07-05, 05:30   Link #19
AC730

Tachibana Kanade:
Her seiyuu, Kana Hanazawa was the main reason I chose this watch this basically. And she didn't disappoint. The mystique of Tenshi and then Kanade just made her more appealing as a character with her small and cute design.

Otonashi Yuzuru:
A powerful backstory, believable character and the one person that opened up the most. He was the driving main character in this anime and showed good development. Also his seiyuu, Hiroshi Kamiya was extremely convincing. Top notch stuff.
Old 2010-07-05, 09:01   Link #20
roankun
Tsundere Lover

O.O
I didn't see TK when I voted... T~T

Anyway, chose Tenshi and Yuri. Because. ^^

I would have chosen Otonashi, too, but the ending... the ending... the... ending...
Closed Thread