AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-13, 05:26   Link #41
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So, were they going to sink every boat on that sea without warning, or did they have an actual reason to target that particular vessel?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-13, 07:19   Link #42
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Got a screencap of the map for 2061 Japan.

Spoiler for Size:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-13, 12:15   Link #43
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So, were they going to sink every boat on that sea without warning, or did they have an actual reason to target that particular vessel?
I guess they had satellites and/or drones watching the area and that boat was the only thing moving around without a reason. And they are all stupid and evil so killing a few Japanese by mistake would not be a problem.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-13, 13:22   Link #44
Chosen_Hero

Wait... If Japan is occupied by other countries, then how is it that in the TV they were talking about Japan signing a deal or something with with the U.S.?

I have got to rewatch that scene again.
Old 2021-10-13, 13:25   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I guess they had satellites and/or drones watching the area and that boat was the only thing moving around without a reason. And they are all stupid and evil so killing a few Japanese by mistake would not be a problem.
I'm not plugged into those milieux, but isn't "I've got a boat and it's a nice day" or "I'm a fisherman and this is literally my job" reason enough for lots of people?
Old 2021-10-13, 13:35   Link #46
Magewolf

Quote:
I'm not plugged into those milieux, but isn't "I've got a boat and it's a nice day" or "I'm a fisherman and this is literally my job" reason enough for lots of people?
Your mistake here is that you are trying to use rational thought to understand the plot. Stuff happens because it needs to.
Old 2021-10-13, 15:35   Link #47
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Quote:
Your mistake here is that you are trying to use rational thought to understand the plot. Stuff happens because it needs to.
It was very simple: they already knew the Kenbu was on the boat before they opened fire (read/listen to the Asian army's dialogue in the episode). Amou was already considered a dangerous terrorist at that point so "shoot first, ask later" is pretty much fair game (that happens IRL too). And the army obviously don't care about a stolen fishing boat being used as a terrorist transport. They'd just blow the hell out of it with the terrorist on board. Heck, the old couple would be lucky if they got spared from being accomplices after the military traced the boat as being their property .
Old 2021-10-13, 16:06   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It was very simple: they already knew the Kenbu was on the boat before they opened fire (read/listen to the Asian army's dialogue in the episode).
Yes, but how?
Old 2021-10-13, 21:18   Link #49
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Spoiler for Size:

Damn, look at Amo's rap sheet.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-13, 21:23   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yes, but how?
Most likely the same way they detected other AMAIM mechs via their radar like you can see early on in this episode. They guessed right, they waited at the right spot where Amou would headed and they saw a sole fishing boat with the detected Kenbu aboard.
Old 2021-10-14, 13:57   Link #51
Magewolf

Quote:
Most likely the same way they detected other AMAIM mechs via their radar like you can see early on in this episode. They guessed right, they waited at the right spot where Amou would headed and they saw a sole fishing boat with the detected Kenbu aboard.
I thought the magic AI said that it was shielding them?
Old 2021-10-14, 14:30   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I thought the magic AI said that it was shielding them?
Gai said he covered Amou's cellphone from detection. Gai never said he can do the same to Kenbu. The fact that the Asian army knew Kenbu was on board the fishing boat despite being covered with tarp should tell us that the army had no problem detecting the Kenbu with their system.
Old 2021-10-14, 14:35   Link #53
Magewolf

Quote:
Gai said he covered Amou's cellphone from detection. Gai never said he can do the same to Kenbu. The fact that the Asian army knew Kenbu was on board the fishing boat despite being covered with tarp should tell us that the army had no problem detecting the Kenbu with their system.
What's the point of blocking the cellphone tracking if you are going to leave the mecha easily traceable?
Old 2021-10-14, 14:47   Link #54
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
What's the point of blocking the cellphone tracking if you are going to leave the mecha easily traceable?
Limiting a risk is still limiting a risk. I mean, people still lock the doors of their houses even though a robber can still enter via the windows if necessary, right? After all, being able to access cellphone without being detected is very useful for a "terrorist" like Amou.

Also, don't ask me how a Kenbu work. Let the show itself explains later. One thing is for sure: the Asian army can detect the Kenbu within certain distance. Let's see how it will hold up in the following episodes.
Old 2021-10-14, 18:09   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't really buy that they can detect Kenbu. This is a completely unknown, unregistered mech. Unless it emits a special kind of heat signature or something, they should have no way to locate it.
Old 2021-10-14, 22:53   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't really buy that they can detect Kenbu. This is a completely unknown, unregistered mech. Unless it emits a special kind of heat signature or something, they should have no way to locate it.
Look at the screenshot below. Look at the radar operator with blue hair. Look at his radar monitor. There, you can see a sole red dot. The direction matches to where the fishing boat was approaching the Asian army. That was Kenbu that they detected on board the ship before they opened fire at it.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

See? I think they can detect Kenbu with their radar (or satellite whatever) just like how they detect other AMAIMs.
Old 2021-10-14, 23:31   Link #57
Magewolf

Quote:
Look at the screenshot below. Look at the radar operator with blue hair. Look at his radar monitor. There, you can see a sole red dot. The direction matches to where the fishing boat was approaching the Asian army. That was Kenbu that they detected on board the ship before they opened fire at it.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

See? I think they can detect Kenbu with their radar (or satellite whatever) just like how they detect other AMAIMs.
That is the boat I think. If they could detect AMAIMs that easily how did he get away in the first place?

So either they have some way to track AMAIMs with ease. Which will make any heroing the MC and friends do in the future impossible. Or they have so much surveillance on the Japan that they can pick out one boat(in the incredibly large area he could have been moving in) as holding terrorists with basically no evidence. Which will make any heroing the MC and friends do in the future impossible. Or they found him because the plot needed it and him and his friends will be able to hide from them with no problems in the future. Which one would you want to bet on?
Old 2021-10-15, 00:25   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That is the boat I think. If they could detect AMAIMs that easily how did he get away in the first place?

So either they have some way to track AMAIMs with ease. Which will make any heroing the MC and friends do in the future impossible. Or they have so much surveillance on the Japan that they can pick out one boat(in the incredibly large area he could have been moving in) as holding terrorists with basically no evidence. Which will make any heroing the MC and friends do in the future impossible. Or they found him because the plot needed it and him and his friends will be able to hide from them with no problems in the future. Which one would you want to bet on?
Radar detecting mechs is nothing new in mecha series. In Code Geass, you have Britannia who were able to detect Knightmares once the engine turned on within the radar radius anytime. That didn't stop Lelouch & his Black Knight group from outmaneuvering the Britannian army throughout the show, right? Amou got away from the Oceanian squad coz he simply ran away until he avoid detection.

So you see, mecha-detecting radar is not a big deal in mecha shows. Radar has limitations. The Asian army in this episode was simply acting smart. They have the radar. They were waiting at the right border where they predicted Amou would go. They saw a sole fishing boat where no other boats dare to come to the area and they hit the jackpot. Why is that so hard to process? Even if Amou turned Kenbu's engine off, the Asian squad will still capture the boat due to it being fishy (no pun intended). With Kenbu's engine turned on, the Asian army got all the confirmation they needed to shoot at the boat.
Old 2021-10-15, 14:20   Link #59
Eraea

AMAIMs must be radiating a specific signature when online that wouldn't be classified as a boat on their radars, and the Kenbu was on standby while Gai controled the boat remotely so they were able to detect the Kenbu as they entered the range of their radars
Eraea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-15, 22:27   Link #60
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Maybe the show will bring it up over the course of later episodes.

Hopefully something that makes sense; like this universe Japan's sitting on a giant resource deposit they don't know about, but which other countries know about and want to hold sole army presence to exploit it all for themselves.
You just described Haiti in a nutshell. My country is shit cause it's a neverending phantom war for gold, iridium, natural gas. Non of which the locals have the means to exploit.

Off topic aside. I'm digging the Mc hairstyle. Is he mixed? Does he have a nappy haired parent ? I'd be elated to find out.

Happy to see Kenbu, ai, Amou combo not a Gary Stu they can be overwhelmed with numbers and tactics. Plot armor dictate he be saved or else th journey would have ended right there. He would have been killed and Kenbu salvaged.
What could they do with the ai though; can he be hacked? Or does he compromise all electronics by being brought near them. I don't think he can speed hack everything or else that gun would have been functional.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Last edited by Goshin; 2021-10-15 at 22:39.
Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sci fi