AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-04, 00:27   Link #21
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Did he really? I don't think "not being a PoS anymore, in large part because he lives in isolation" is really a redemption for how he acted at the start.
I mean, he didn't actually treat anybody badly as far as we know, but just had pretty misogynist private thoughts. Which he shedded after living a few years as a farm hand. That's called "growing up into an adult", as can be seen by probably billions of young kids who are stupid when young and grow wiser when they get older in real life.

We'll see how the MC behaves in future episodes, though. And there is the matter with what exactly his sister had so strong blackmail material on him that he would force himself to 100% reverse harem complete the game... ^^
Old 2022-04-04, 01:05   Link #22
Twi

I wonder if they actually change that in this adaptation. They trimmed a good deal of that part of the story, including Leon's response to said blackmail before he headed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
For the first part of the game I'm surprised he made it so tough on himself. Find a walkthrough, mute the game, and just get through the story portions as quickly as possible. Admittedly I'm not sure how easy it would be to just download or buy a complete game file online, but if he's already willing to burn money on DLC to get through it then just go the fastest way. Of course if he did that then he'd be absolutely screwed later in the episode since having knowledge is a huge advantage.
The thing is, he did have a Walkthrough in the LN and he was still losing. The game balance was straight-up screwed so you had to go P2W. It's like EA made the game.
Old 2022-04-04, 01:21   Link #23
mickbis

Quote:
I'm passingly interested to see if the whole old and new human thing will matter or even miraculously explain how his situation is even happening. But I kind of doubt it.
fyi, It is actually one of the important plotline and everything have explanation in this story
it kind of "eventually"
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 02:36   Link #24
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I was kinda put off by the more or less misogynist portrayal of the MC at the start, but in the later part of the episode he kinda redeemed himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Did he really? I don't think "not being a PoS anymore, in large part because he lives in isolation" is really a redemption for how he acted at the start.
Uh, did I miss something in this episode? What is so misogynistic & PoS about the MC? The only thing that he's been badmouthing the entire episode is the bad otome game world (which he was forced to play) and everything that's in it, not just limited to female characters. What's so misogynistic & PoS about criticizing a bad game?
Old 2022-04-04, 02:51   Link #25
Lex79

Quote:
For the first part of the game I'm surprised he made it so tough on himself. Find a walkthrough, mute the game, and just get through the story portions as quickly as possible. Admittedly I'm not sure how easy it would be to just download or buy a complete game file online, but if he's already willing to burn money on DLC to get through it then just go the fastest way.
In current games, especially when microtransactions are involved is often not trivial to load downloaded saves in order to prevent players from unlocking things without paying money, so it's plausible to assume the protagonist didn't have that option.
Old 2022-04-04, 03:36   Link #26
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Uh, did I miss something in this episode? What is so misogynistic & PoS about the MC? The only thing that he's been badmouthing the entire episode is the bad otome game world (which he was forced to play) and everything that's in it, not just limited to female characters. What's so misogynistic & PoS about criticizing a bad game?
That's what I'm wondering, I've read the manga and now seen this episode and nowhere does he say anything bad about anything other than the game.
Old 2022-04-04, 04:22   Link #27
mickbis

He probably believe the MC hate woman to the bone just from his response toward the otome game setting where majority woman is an incarnate of selfishness.

But the reality actually have lot of good one and MC is clearly faraway from bring "misogynistic"
Old 2022-04-04, 05:22   Link #28
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
That's what I'm wondering, I've read the manga and now seen this episode and nowhere does he say anything bad about anything other than the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
He probably believe the MC hate woman to the bone just from his response toward the otome game setting where majority woman is an incarnate of selfishness.

But the reality actually have lot of good one and MC is clearly faraway from bring "misogynistic"
Yeah. It's so baffling. Did anyone who label the MC as a misogynistic PoS even watched the same episode?

Anyway, the MC is actually pretty entertaining so far for this kind of Isekai anime. And from the OP & ED, looks like he's going to befriend the self-insert girl MC from the game as well as the rival lady. I look forward to how that will go down.
Old 2022-04-04, 07:04   Link #29
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Yeah. It's so baffling. Did anyone who label the MC as a misogynistic PoS even watched the same episode?
To me its more the overall setting; its hard to tell if the author is trying to be satirical or if he's just an incel with lines like "nobody wants a man over 20!"

I can appreciate Leon's overall hate watching tendencies though, especially after gems like Realist Hero.
Quote:
For the first part of the game I'm surprised he made it so tough on himself. Find a walkthrough, mute the game, and just get through the story portions as quickly as possible. Admittedly I'm not sure how easy it would be to just download or buy a complete game file online, but if he's already willing to burn money on DLC to get through it then just go the fastest way. Of course if he did that then he'd be absolutely screwed later in the episode since having knowledge is a huge advantage.
You're not wrong, but those RPG/VN hybrids have a tendency to get pretty grindy. And IIRC she had him going for all CG with 100% completion to unlock the reverse harem ending.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 08:02   Link #30
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The setting actually normal; modern otome game like Hakuoki or Harukana sure more polished but classic ones isn't far from tragic heroine as MC, rich villains, evil stepmother, lower IQ for male NPC and all. The developer is smart too. VN with all-star cast and design, target audience is female, hyped ending behind difficult battle system, as bad it is they can be sure DLC sales will be sufficient to cover development cost.

Quote:
As someone with experience of 90's VN such decision is acceptable as her sister at least mentioned about audio files.
Highly anticipated VN usually got good moments that cannot be replayed through scene replay mode on top of possible route branching that block it even further.
In my early VN days, I sometimes questioned why a slice-of-life dating sim need 90-120 save slots then, man, as I going deeper I often got half of it filled to separate: romantic moment, heartwrenching moment, bad ending, etc; for simple reason the VAs nailed it and I wanted to back into that specific point that didn't available on scene replay mode. You can't get that from copying other people 100% completion save data.
Old 2022-04-04, 10:19   Link #31
magnuskn

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I did. He exhibited some misogynistic behaviour, IMO, although I was quite far from labeling him a "PoS". Anyway, it's not really relevant, given that he clearly overcame what I perceived in the years since his reincarnation and even with that hag of a stepmother.
Old 2022-04-04, 10:34   Link #32
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
In current games, especially when microtransactions are involved is often not trivial to load downloaded saves in order to prevent players from unlocking things without paying money, so it's plausible to assume the protagonist didn't have that option.
That also gets brought up too in the LN, that if he downloaded a save from someone else it would overwrite his sister's name in the game information and she would be upset because of it.

Quote:
"Seriously, again?! How the hell can I lose when I’m following the walkthrough?”

I really wanted to tell my sister to give up on completing this. I wanted to tell her to download someone else’s full-comp save files from the internet. But…the game had a certain feature where the characters would actually say aloud whatever you’d named the protagonist. My sister had used her own name—something about wanting to hear those famous voice actors whispering as if to her. Ergo, downloading someone else’s data wasn’t going to get her what she wanted. I had no choice
I might give the series a lot of flak, but credit where it's due, they did think about covering that base.
Old 2022-04-04, 10:45   Link #33
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Well his sister did set him up while she went off overseas, however if it makes you feel better
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2022-04-04, 10:48   Link #34
Tenzen12

I wouldn't be suprised if it was actually two games meshed together. Setting wise It might also might make sense with "old humans" being from sci-fi action, with "New pople" being VN slapped on it later.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I did. He exhibited some misogynistic behaviour, IMO, although I was quite far from labeling him a "PoS". Anyway, it's not really relevant, given that he clearly overcame what I perceived in the years since his reincarnation and even with that hag of a stepmother.
I don't think there was really anything inherently mysogynistic or even that could be easily interpreted as such. Not mention mc might be much more pleasant person when isn't possibly 100s hours in terrible game with little to no sleep (judging from his appearence), he was blackmailed into.
Old 2022-04-04, 11:18   Link #35
magnuskn

Well, let's see how I got my to observation.

- MC calls the female protagonist of the otome game "devious" and not in an endearing way.
- Complains with a twisted smile that the world of the game is far too convenient for women.
- Complains that the girls are excessively strong and have awful personalities.

Now, yes, looking at it again it's pretty clear that most of that was in the context of him being angry about having to play the game against his will for his blackmailing sister. But I think it's not that unreasonable to come away thinking there was a whiff of misogyny involved.

And, again, it's a moot point by the end of the episode.
Old 2022-04-04, 11:34   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

- MC calls the female protagonist of the otome game "devious" and not in an endearing way.
- Complains with a twisted smile that the world of the game is far too convenient for women.

Now, yes, looking at it again it's pretty clear that most of that was in the context of him being angry about having to play the game against his will for his blackmailing sister. But I think it's not that unreasonable to come away thinking there was a whiff of misogyny involved.

There's not even a so-called "whiff of misogyny" in this episode. The MC badmouths every character in the game, both females & males (which you conveniently didn't include in your list above) coz it's a shitty game that he was forced to play for his blackmailing sister.

So yeah, your misogyny complaint really felt unreasonable. That done, now let's move on.
Old 2022-04-04, 11:46   Link #37
magnuskn

Quote:
There's not even a so-called "whiff of misogyny" in this episode. The MC badmouths every character in the game, both females & males (which you conveniently didn't include in your list above) coz it's a shitty game that he was forced to play for his blackmailing sister.

So yeah, your misogyny complaint really felt unreasonable. That done, now let's move on.
Yeah, let's. Really no point wasting both of our times with this. Let's see how the guy develops in future episodes. The OP and ED don't make it out as if he'll go the "evil protanist" route, but rather that him and at least two of the female leads will have a cooperative relationship.
Old 2022-04-04, 12:37   Link #38
Tenzen12

Quote:

-Yeah, he hates her guts and to be fair she is either devious or braindead not recognizing prince of her country. Devious is certainly more optimistic choice. There is no implications he thinks that about rl girls.

-Which is factually correct observation of game settings.

- Which may or might not be another factually correct observation (we don't know), nonetheless it it is observation limited to game setting. Even if he is wrong due hating on game from beginning and girls there being decently written, there is no way judge whether there is anything misogynistic about him trashing it.

In all seriousness Mc hates everything about game and he has plenty of reasons to do so. I can see myself in his shoes saying completely same things too (and just to make clear even if no girls were involved in first place ).
Old 2022-04-04, 13:24   Link #39
Alchemist007
*Author

Seems like standard schlock but hard to say without meeting the supporting case. I'll give it a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I recall some ways to get around this being some sort of dummy server to get a false verification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
Well his sister did set him up while she went off overseas, however if it makes you feel better
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2022-04-04, 14:27   Link #40
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Spoiler:
way
Spoiler:

Tags
harem