AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-16, 02:06   Link #41
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Fudo sure is lucky to got girl who could live up to his date plan.
Now I understand why everyone in Gelato HQ have hard time imagining him getting a girlfriend.
Gekko female division is so peaceful you that rumors about Desumi kinda made sense considering her strength.

... To think third episode is going to be Fudo bravely infiltrating enemy base alone.

Old 2022-04-16, 02:15   Link #42
Lex79

Another fun episode. It's clear by now that the tokusatsu part of the series isn't to be taken too seriously (not that the good guys being called Gelato Five wasn't already a big clue...) and that the main draw of the show are the cure interactions between Fudo and Desumi, which I'm OK with.
Old 2022-04-16, 05:07   Link #43
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know what, this is low-key one of the most wholesome offerings this season. The part with the pet is really nice. Hellko is one of the best cat names, along with Lucifer from Disney's Cinderella & Gundam Origin.

That said, I want to know more about the other evil generals from Gekko organization like in Kuroitsu-san last season.
Old 2022-04-16, 12:02   Link #44
Frontier

Now I'm just assuming that being a Sentai hero and an evil organization member is like an actual entertainment job in this setting which...would explain so much .
Old 2022-04-16, 20:46   Link #45
Wandering Soul

Well it looks like it didn't even last one episode until someone(?) else found out. Though I'd say the secret is safe.
Old 2022-04-16, 23:09   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ep2 had a good balance of comedy, cuteness, and fanservice
Definitely raised this to my top 3 so far this season

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 00:20   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Everyone really is super chill about this whole situation. Even with Desumi 'down' no one tries to capture her or anything. They just have a relaxing interview . Makes sense that neither side is all that pressured to try and convince the other to switch sides.

Good thing that Desumi is just that awesome. Things didn't blow up with that date plan. Although I'm sure that he could have come up with one that she'd have gotten a bit more into than this . Might be good to take some of those tips he was offered when putting together the next one.

This show is just fun and cute.
Old 2022-04-18, 01:16   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Everyone really is super chill about this whole situation. Even with Desumi 'down' no one tries to capture her or anything. They just have a relaxing interview . Makes sense that neither side is all that pressured to try and convince the other to switch sides.

Good thing that Desumi is just that awesome. Things didn't blow up with that date plan. Although I'm sure that he could have come up with one that she'd have gotten a bit more into than this . Might be good to take some of those tips he was offered when putting together the next one.
Next time she'll come in exercise gear and be woefully underdressed for the nice restaurant he takes her to.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 23:11   Link #49
HandofFate

Was amused how Desumi's organization has a dorm for its workers. Also, turns out that a portion of the generic minions are female, never could have guessed. And laughed at the in-company bullying of Desumi with people spreading rumors about her
Old 2022-04-19, 12:41   Link #50
Frontier

I feel like the whole Sentai/villain group shtick in this is the equivalent of some kind of job or sports career that has in-universe fans and is mostly done for the entertainment of others so you've got a lot of young people involved and it's treated kind of like a job but they're all super serious about it while everyone else just loves watching it .

I mean, maybe Desumi and her group really want to rule the world, but I think right now she's more concerned about progressing her relationship with Fudo .
Old 2022-04-19, 14:03   Link #51
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Now I'm just assuming that being a Sentai hero and an evil organization member is like an actual entertainment job in this setting which...would explain so much :heh:.
And when you put it that way, it sounds like a setting Megamind would enjoy visiting to chill out in... and now I'm imagining him and Desumi swapping notes about presentation... you know, the difference between a garden-variety villain and a super one.

Quote:
I feel like the whole Sentai/villain group shtick in this is the equivalent of some kind of job or sports career...
So the Punch-Clock Villain trope is in effect? Thanks, by the way, for reminding me of that one Looney Tunes short involving Wile E. Coyote (if I recall right) whose schtick is pretty much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Also, turns out that a portion of the generic minions are female, never could have guessed. And laughed at the in-company bullying of Desumi with people spreading rumors about her
Yep, Gekko is an equal-opportunity organization, it seems; that it cued (at least in my case) flashbacks to the Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle games (whose adversary rosters had no problem being similarly diverse).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-19, 19:43   Link #52
HandofFate

the rival 'companies' love affair reminds of another series between a couple, where each entered their dream job, but turns out to be rival companies, so they have to keep it a secret so they don't get suspected of being corporate spies or something.
Old 2022-04-21, 10:07   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I feel like the whole Sentai/villain group shtick in this is the equivalent of some kind of job or sports career that has in-universe fans and is mostly done for the entertainment of others so you've got a lot of young people involved and it's treated kind of like a job but they're all super serious about it while everyone else just loves watching it .

I mean, maybe Desumi and her group really want to rule the world, but I think right now she's more concerned about progressing her relationship with Fudo .
Look, it's a job, and in this economy, it's not nothing. OTOH, if she marries Fudo, maybe she can become a housewife?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-21, 22:51   Link #54
HandofFate

i mean, i feel like every big company's goal is to take over the world regardless. (amazon ect)
Old 2022-04-22, 09:49   Link #55
Frontier

I guess it's peaceful when the Gelato 5 don't have to fight Gekko, but it's awful for Fudo because it's the only chance he gets to see Desumi, and he can't sleep otherwise. Good thing Gekko is developing a new weapon, a perfect excuse for Fudo to infiltrate Gekko! And while his comrades think he's just that dedicated to justice, he's more dedicated to just seeing his girlfriend .

"Green gets paid leave?" Wait, they get paid for this? This is legitimately a career ?

The Gekko grunts bow to their Reaper Princess, but also find her intimidating (especially when she' frustrated that she can't see Fudo and had a bad horoscope) and talk badly about her behind her back...but she's definitely got them whipped. Even Culverin Bear thinks she's just carrying a bunch of deadly weapons in her pouch instead of normal girl stuff. Her own group really doesn't know her well, especially compared to Fudo .

Well, it's not Desumi's room, but her dressing room will have to do after she and Fudo find each other. I love how Professor Gelato and Misaki are worried about Fudo and he's just casually playing around and flirting with Desumi .

Nothing better than having your girlfriend sit her butt straight on your face and pressing her body tightly against you in a locker so you two don't get caught by her co-workers. And then to have her sexy bra in your face...that punch was worth it, especially since it inadvertently achieved the mission Fudo was using as an excuse to begin with. And he got to give his number to Desumi on top of that! Lucky Fudo .

Look at Hellko giving Desumi emotional support as she calls Fudo for the first time!
Although poor Desumi calling Fudo's number and talks to his mom for the first time. I guess she's jumping ahead to meeting the parents and making sure he gets a smartphone so that never happens again .

So we finally meet the Gekko Executives and what Gekkos' ultimate goal is as lead by Tomokazu Sugita's Bosslar, drawing negative energy to create a monster called Ultimate Phantom. Sounds kind of sinister, but I suspect it's not as bad as it sounds .

How many Princesses are there in this organization? Beast Princess (HanaKana!)? Steel Princess (Hisako Kanemoto!)? Heat Princess (is that even a girl under there?)? And Desumi is just using her own organization as an excuse for date spots with Fudo that aren't abandoned warehouses and quarries .

Misaki and Haru try to spy on Fudo at the amusement park, Misaki because she loves to meddle and Haru to hold her back and because she wants to make sure Fudo isn't seeing anyone, but I love how Desumi just jumps in and exposes Gekko being there so she and Fudo can get to their amusement park date .

Gotta love how our leads bail on the fight and immediately get to hitting all the best rides for an amusement park date! Poor Fudo finds out he gets motion sickness, but it's all worth it when they have a nice, cute, intimate moment on the ferris wheel together. I would say it was a very successful date, even if it seems like Haru has found out about their relationship at the end .
Old 2022-04-22, 11:02   Link #56
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I'm sort of hit or miss on fluff shows but the setting here is so much fun as are Fudo and Desumi. Looks like pink might have found them out...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 14:49   Link #57
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yet another cute episode of Fudo-Desumi antics . The theme park setting made me miss Kuroitsu-san even more now

Btw, Culverin Bear with all that cannons on his back really reminds me of Tiger-Roid from Kamen Rder ZX movie:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But unlike Tiger-Roid, Culverin Bear doesn't wear pants .

Also, now that I think about it, the villainous organization in this show is deriving more from Showa Kamen Rider than Super Sentai (except for the sexy villainess that's more Sentai-ish). I mean, they are more of a secret organization than an alien kingdom/lost civilization/ancient demons. Also, the Gekko minions look more like the classic Shocker minions from the first Kamen Rider.
Old 2022-04-22, 15:28   Link #58
Lex79

Well, you can't have a romantic comedy without a scene with the protagonist and the heroine trapped in a very narrow space.
I wonder if Fudo will be able to keep his secret from Pink Gelato (who might even have a crush on him) or he'll have to introduce Desumi to the team without letting them know that she is one of their enemies.
Old 2022-04-22, 15:36   Link #59
Huh...?

Really wondering why this Series isn't popular.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 15:40   Link #60
grecefar

sorry pink but you can't beat desumi no matter what.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote