AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2021-02-13, 17:57   Link #101
coded321
He Who Games

Here comes the gloating/whining from trumpies, who will pretend, yet again, that Trump was a victim of another witch hunt by the baby eating democrats, ignoring that Moscow mitch himself stated trump was guilty.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 19:12   Link #102
The Green One

Alright then, it's officially on record. Anything goes as long as you're on your way out of office. Anything is permitted. Law? Justice? Who the fuck cares apparently.
Old 2021-02-13, 20:16   Link #103
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It's unfortunate, but I can't say I'm surprised. They did it for 4 years, and it would take them getting physically hurt in the storming of the capital for them to change their minds.

*plays walk of shame video*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 20:19   Link #104
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Alright then, it's officially on record. Anything goes as long as you're on your way out of office. Anything is permitted. Law? Justice? Who the fuck cares apparently.
That is not the reading I am getting. The repubs have painted themselves into a corner, for four years they made trump their leader and admiting he is guilty is and admittance of their own guilt. They could do some soul searching, but they have already sold their souls. They could grow a spine, but after decades of evolution they have become a cowards. Now it is only a matter of time before trump takes control and he will defenestrate any true republican that is left in the new trump party.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 20:45   Link #105
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
That is not the reading I am getting. The repubs have painted themselves into a corner, for four years they made trump their leader and admiting he is guilty is and admittance of their own guilt. They could do some soul searching, but they have already sold their souls. They could grow a spine, but after decades of evolution they have become a cowards. Now it is only a matter of time before trump takes control and he will defenestrate any true republican that is left in the new trump party.
It may not be what they mean, but regardless their intent their inaction has set this precedence. Now their names are forever tied to it. It's all just empty excuses at this point when they refuses to hold accountability. Trump will never change willingly. Have fun seeing your Lord and Master again in 2022 and 2024 slaves.
Old 2021-02-13, 23:46   Link #106
cyberdemon

There was never a chance of a conviction. Republicans fear Trumps voting base. They saw what they were willing to do to those not loyal enough to Trump. Quite a few said he was guilty but just refused to vote so on dubious constitutional grounds. They voted to acquit but most think he’s guilty lol cowards... however they are going to have a much rougher time of swaying the moderate voting base in their favor after this.

However Trump isnt out of hot water over this. The acquittal only means there’s a chance that he could run for office again. HOWEVER he is still liable to be held on federal charges over it. An impeachment acquittal doesn’t mean he can’t see jail time over this.

However I fear what Trump might do now that he thinks the Republican Party will let him get away with anything. However now he has no presidential immunity to stop him from getting arrested and the senate can no longer bail him out. So it will be... interesting to see what he might try next... and terrifying.
Old 2021-02-14, 01:03   Link #107
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I suspect this is what's going on: McConnell is no idiot; he's very, very smart when it comes to politics. And he probably realizes that your "rational" Republican voters are truly a dying breed. Instead, we have the new MAGA-level Republicans. Mitch might HATE Trump... but goddamn does he want those votes. So he will literally do ANYTHING to keep those votes going for Republicans. There is no bottom.

If America were to turn fully Nazi Germany level, as long as he gets the MAGA votes, Mitch will would say something like, "Don't worry; we're only killing the people who don't like Trump." And that group would not only eat it up, they'd effing CELEBRATE!

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-14, 01:07   Link #108
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I suspect this is what's going on: McConnell is no idiot; he's very, very smart when it comes to politics. And he probably realizes that your "rational" Republican voters are truly a dying breed. Instead, we have the new MAGA-level Republicans. Mitch might HATE Trump... but goddamn does he want those votes. So he will literally do ANYTHING to keep those votes going for Republicans. There is no bottom.

If America were to turn fully Nazi Germany level, as long as he gets the MAGA votes, Mitch will would say something like, "Don't worry; we're only killing the people who don't like Trump." And that group would not only eat it up, they'd effing CELEBRATE!
Right up until the death squads come crashing through their doors. At that point, they'll blame liberals.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-14, 01:27   Link #109
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Oh, they were going to blame Liberals no matter what.

And on top of that, they'd keep voting Mitch and other such Republicans in. Right until they (the voters) breathe their last breath. There's a small part of me that thinks these folks literally believe that "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat"- and even worse, I swear I've heard a person or two actually say this.

It's the full Southern Strategy at work- no matter how much someone is suffering, as long as a minority is suffering even more, they're happy. The old "cut off your nose to spite your face", if you will. And it's WORKING.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-14, 03:07   Link #110
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
However I fear what Trump might do now that he knows the Republican Party will let him get away with anything. However now he has no presidential immunity to stop him from getting arrested and the senate can no longer bail him out. So it will be... interesting to see what he might try next... and terrifying.
Fixed that for you. He doesn't think they'll let him get away with anything, he has living proof that they'll look the other way for anything. His worldview has been validated and reinforced for in his eyes he can do no wrong and he is always right.
Old 2021-02-15, 17:34   Link #111
ramlaen

What I like most in this discussion of the impeachment trial is that not an eye blinked at the proven false and/or fabricated evidence presented by the prosecution.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-15, 18:58   Link #112
coded321
He Who Games

^hey, was wondering when you were going to show up. What i like most about you is how you dont seem to blink an eye at how Moscow mitch himself stated Trump was guilty, minutes after voting to acquit him. Apparently that "false evidence" was enough to make mitch at least admit that, instead of just saying Trump was innocent.

Feel free to act like a psuedo-mod and fact check those false/fabricated pieces of evidence for us. You will probably do an infinitely better job at it than trump's defense lawyers.
Old 2021-02-15, 19:26   Link #113
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
What I like most in this discussion of the impeachment trial is that not an eye blinked at the proven false and/or fabricated evidence presented by the prosecution.
That “false evidence” was enough to get 7 republicans to vote in favor of conviction and possibly enough to convict if they hadn’t stuck to the constitutionally dubious idea that a former president can’t be impeached. A narrative they came up with on the fly to avoid dealing with Trumps voter base. No where in the constitution says that they can/can’t impeach a former president.
Old 2021-02-15, 23:01   Link #114
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Jan Wolfe
@JanNWolfe
Actual quote from a PA GOP official, explaining why Sen. Toomey should be censured: “We did not send him there to vote his conscience. We did not send him there to ‘do the right thing’ or whatever”
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-15, 23:06   Link #115
coded321
He Who Games

^Lo and behold everyone, the party of law, order, and free speech right here...
Old 2021-02-16, 00:14   Link #116
The Green One

Well at least they're being honest about it....
Old 2021-02-16, 04:16   Link #117
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
I mean, Trump's lawyers were arrogant and brazen enough to put up doctored footage of Madonna saying she wanted to destroy the White House when she said the opposite. This was a kangaroo court from Trump's side, with nothing but platitudes of trying to be on the up and up.
In this day and age, I can't really see how people could fall for it.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-16, 10:50   Link #118
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The irony of a court in which several accomplices of the accused are also in the jury.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-16, 18:45   Link #119
The Green One

Well this isn't a criminal trial, so they can have a biased jury that'd be thrown out in any other case.

*shrugs*
Old 2021-02-17, 14:20   Link #120
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Jan Wolfe
@JanNWolfe
Actual quote from a PA GOP official, explaining why Sen. Toomey should be censured: “We did not send him there to vote his conscience. We did not send him there to ‘do the right thing’ or whatever”
Says a lot about "Republicanism" or "conservatism" today when this guy is taking the "representative-as-delegate" position rather than Edmund Burke's "representative-as-trustee" perspective. Burke would have lumped the Trumpists in with the Jacobins.

Quote:
My worthy colleague says, his will ought to be subservient to yours. If that be all, the thing is innocent. If government were a matter of will upon any side, yours, without question, ought to be superior. But government and legislation are matters of reason and judgment, and not of inclination; and what sort of reason is that, in which the determination precedes the discussion; in which one set of men deliberate, and another decide; and where those who form the conclusion are perhaps three hundred miles distant from those who hear the arguments?

To deliver an opinion, is the right of all men; that of constituents is a weighty and respectable opinion, which a representative ought always to rejoice to hear; and which he ought always most seriously to consider. But authoritative instructions; mandates issued, which the member is bound blindly and implicitly to obey, to vote, and to argue for, though contrary to the clearest conviction of his judgment and conscience,--these are things utterly unknown to the laws of this land, and which arise from a fundamental mistake of the whole order and tenor of our constitution.
https://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/foun.../v1ch13s7.html

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2021-02-17 at 14:33.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote