AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-18, 17:38   Link #221
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Since when Shakugan no Shana was a SOAP series?

To be quite honest, SnS was enjoyable because it has its fair share of genres and colorful characters.
The huge problem with SnS second is the fact the balance is completely broken, with almost half the series completely debatable, due of the meaninglessness and questionable content of these.

The triangle wasn't a problem at the first glance, but it became a sick trend in second season, where the relationships are going nowhere (at least, it isn't going forward then BACKWARDS like Zero no Tsukaima Futatsuki no Kishi)
What is worse is when the actual "action parts" are atrociously underwhelming, poor and very short to the point the "power balance" is completely off to what we were shown in season 1.

To add the insult to the injury, many parts of the series suffered almost the same animation lazyness and such from first season despite the vintage difference.
lol, since when was Shana a soap series - that line is full of win.

Well, when you look back to the content, I guess you can say that J.C. Staff also underestimated the amount of content that could possibly be used from the novels. Then again, this also goes back to the rush job that I talked about earlier.
Old 2008-03-18, 18:05   Link #222
BigGimp77

Quote:

To be quite honest, SnS was enjoyable because it has its fair share of genres and colorful characters.
The huge problem with SnS second is the fact the balance is completely broken, with almost half the series completely debatable, due of the meaninglessness and questionable content of these.

The triangle wasn't a problem at the first glance, but it became a sick trend in second season, where the relationships are going nowhere (at least, it isn't going forward then BACKWARDS like Zero no Tsukaima Futatsuki no Kishi)
What is worse is when the actual "action parts" are atrociously underwhelming, poor and very short to the point the "power balance" is completely off to what we were shown in season 1.

To add the insult to the injury, many parts of the series suffered almost the same animation lazyness and such from first season despite the vintage difference.
QFT. Great points, I agree with all of those.
Old 2008-03-18, 18:07   Link #223
The Real Nemo

Quote:
When did that happen?
Old 2008-03-18, 18:35   Link #224
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:

The triangle wasn't a problem at the first glance, but it became a sick trend in second season, where the relationships are going nowhere

Well I think its about time people forget about those few horible episodes. Yeah episode 6 to 10ish was kind of anoying, but since episode 11 we have had a fair amount of action. But yeah, you are right. SNS did have a mix of many genres, But just scrap like 5 episode from SNS2 and it will be fine.

P.S. Some people havent watched Zero no Tsukaima *_* btw. So could you edit that bit of info on it.
Old 2008-03-18, 19:01   Link #225
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

I'll teach Shana how to make babies.

Again.. when Shana tries to confess,. there's always an interruption. WTF!!

I give a 1 for a crappy drama filler for this episode

+2 for Shana made me lol.

Overall 3/10 (Must be funnier and more action JCSTAFF!!)
Old 2008-03-18, 19:03   Link #226
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Well I think its about time people forget about those few horible episodes. Yeah episode 6 to 10ish was kind of anoying, but since episode 11 we have had a fair amount of action. But yeah, you are right. SNS did have a mix of many genres, But just scrap like 5 episode from SNS2 and it will be fine.
Agree. Episodes 6 to 10 or so really overdid the slice-of-life stuff, but from 11 on the action-to-character/relationship development ratio has been solid. So... it's time to move on from that overly long stretch of nothing but slice-of-life episodes that ended over 10 episodes ago.

For the past 10 episodes or so, Shakugan no Shana has been around the pace of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's (which also made use of a Christmas Eve setting, interestingly enough) and the mid portion of Mai HiME, which is probably where Shakugan no Shana should be.

And, speaking personally, I thought that the cliffhanger bit with Hecate coming out of nowhere to attack Yuji was splendid. A good theatrical villain moment, imo.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2008-03-19 at 19:30.
Old 2008-03-18, 19:29   Link #227
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
Yuji already noticed him when Zarovee and Bifrons appeared, but couldn't detect Sabrac cause his "body" was the whole city. This way Yuji felt that there's something suspicious, but couldn't tell where it came from.
If Kantarou was Sabrac, Yuji would have this strange feeling again he had before.

As i mentioned in my post, Maybe Sabrac has a way of hiding his POE completly. Well Yuji noticed it because he had speard his power all over the city. Maybe when in human form he doesnt need to spread power.

All i am saying, there was no need for his dad to apear in this episode. Now that he has, then something might be up ( plot wise).
Old 2008-03-18, 19:33   Link #228
nines
I much prefer the 2d

ok well yea the epi was weird Sabrac "am i done here" then pretty much his dad shows up after that so maybe theyre trying to set us up to think that so you cant rule it out because that can be a fake body or he could of set another mass unrestricted spell to make them not sense his PoE so.

Personally i think its not true but it is a possibly how they set it up
Old 2008-03-18, 21:13   Link #229
Aquifina

Well, I really don't have the energy to dive into this large stream of debates over the season as as a whole, but I for one liked the ep., despite the fact that I've been "spoiled."

Some comments:

1. I *still* think there will be some kind of blowback from all that time Konoe spent with Yuji and his friends--I expect Hecate to hesitate or do something unexpected. I still remember that scene with her and the birds, which seemed to point back toward Konoe.

2. The contrasting styles of love letters for both I thought was well done.

3. The "making babies" gag was hilarious.

4. Nice resolution for the argument between Shana and Wilhemina.

5. Good for Ike, even if he's doomed.

6. Whether or not there will be a 3rd season, I think they will need to resolve the love triangle. And that obviously means Shana and Yuji declaring their love for one another someway and somehow.

7. Considering the generally upbeat character of the series, and my own feeling that we will see a true anime-only ending and no third season, I think Shana and Yuji will both live. Perhaps we'll see them leave the city together. To add a hint of melancholy, perhaps Kazumi will sacrifice herself; all that emphasis on the hougu would seem to hint at that. However, if they decide to have a sad ending, then *both* Shana and Yuji will die *together*; it is hard to imagine only one living at the end.

8. Pheles will at some point come back in the next two eps.

9. All of the above is speculation, and I genuinely look forward to how J.C. Staff will resolve things. I'm also cautiously optimistic that we'll see a satisfactory ending to the season (and perhaps the series as a whole).
Old 2008-03-18, 21:17   Link #230
nines
I much prefer the 2d

lol good eye i guess aquifina :O

umm question for people who read the manga has it even gotten this far yet or is it like way ahead and the anime on line with it?
Old 2008-03-18, 21:31   Link #231
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
ok well yea the epi was weird Sabrac "am i done here" then pretty much his dad shows up after that so maybe theyre trying to set us up to think that so you cant rule it out because that can be a fake body or he could of set another mass unrestricted spell to make them not sense his PoE so.

Personally i think its not true but it is a possibly how they set it up
Doesnt really have to change the body. Spike the hair and change the color of the hair due to powering up. Then put on the sabrac gear on him. Fit exactly right. And also some one else said that they think the voice actor is the same. Well i thought they sounded diffrent but i am not really good with voice differentiation.

There are alot of hints that he might be, But i highly doubt it. I Mean if he actually was sabrac, why would he want his son dead? they seem to be really close with each other. I mean He seems even closer with yuji than Chigusa.

P.S. I was kinda overjoyed that Sabrac survived. I was really curious to see who he was reserving power for ( he said he was reserving some power for certain some one that he might not even see). I am guessing it might be Pheles. But we wont know untill we see it. Or who knows it might be Yuji's dad lol .
Old 2008-03-18, 21:44   Link #232
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Is it possible for Yoshida to get someone, say like her younger rother, to use Phele's cross? Not that she would but then again, her Shana-tan alter-ego might.
Old 2008-03-18, 21:46   Link #233
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Her younger brother doesn't exist in J.C Staff's version
Old 2008-03-18, 21:48   Link #234
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

He was mentioned by name in the episode Yoshida met Kamshim.
Old 2008-03-18, 22:15   Link #235
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
pheles is no where near the level of marchosias and tiamat, let alone alastor. you have to realise that the flame haze can't use the power of its contractor to its full potential (except enpatsu shakugan)
i don't know if you have noticed but most of the top flame hazes are princes (khamsin) and princesses (Margery, Wilhelmina), this means they will have a much larger poe cap than the others (poe cap of a flame haze is directly related to how famous they are). this mean even if kazumi becomes a flame haze she will have a very low poe reserve
margery got no experience? i don't know where you got that from but she killed far more tomogara than kazumi have seen in her entire life. and as you have said Wilhelmina didn't become a powerful flame haze right after her contract, she gained thoses skills over hundreds of years, but i don't think kazumi and yuji can wait that long.

however what i really don't understand is why you want her to be a flame haze. i mean i was hoping that shana could stop being one, there is a reason why flame hazes are called "shells".
Margery and Wilhelemina were princesses? Fame shows POE cap? Honestly, I don't think this was announced anytime in the anime, and honestly, I don't want to know about it until they do.

Margery killed Tomogara before she became a Flame Haze? I thought she'd just freeze in a Fuzetsu like everyone else. I think in terms of comparing Margery with Kazumi, Kazumi has probably seen and experianced the world much more than Margery had at the time of her contract.

And honestly, I don't care whether they become flame haze and live on eternally together, or both become normal and live normal lives together. I just want them together, no matter what the end result. Even dying for each other would be fine.
Old 2008-03-18, 22:24   Link #236
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Margery killed Tomogara before she became a Flame Haze?
I don't see that anywhere in cnnydz's post...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-03-19, 00:20   Link #237
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Christ I wish I was in this thread earlier to applaud Malintex, seriously I've been saying that since the first bloody episode.

This second season really should have been a 6 episode ova or, at best, thirteen episodes. It's been such an awful disaster, and these past few episodes have just barely negated the trash that filled up the first half of this season.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-03-19, 00:40   Link #238
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
I think in terms of comparing Margery with Kazumi, Kazumi has probably seen and experianced the world much more than Margery had at the time of her contract.
What is that based on? Margery was older than Kazumi when she contracted with Marco, and I'm pretty sure she had experienced a lot more. Kazumi is still a virgin for one
Old 2008-03-19, 05:20   Link #239
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
I think in terms of comparing Margery with Kazumi, Kazumi has probably seen and experianced the world much more than Margery had at the time of her contract.
Margery has gone through some really difficult times before making her contract, as shown in her flashbacks. Remember Silver? The flashbacks don't show the full story, but enough to let you know that she definitely went through more than Kazumi.
Old 2008-03-19, 05:33   Link #240
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Margery and Wilhelemina were princesses?
Spoiler for Margery's character:
Closed Thread