AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-05, 16:16   Link #41
kyouray
2D > 3D

I also prefer the 1st opening even if it's still a nice one.
As everyone said it's similar to the previous series so it's great and funny.
The dream and marathon are my favourite parts which furthermore are well animated (we really feel the strength of the sprints!).
and lol@Mario Bros reference
Old 2010-10-05, 16:46   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh wow, i can't even begin to explain how much fun i had while watching this episode . I laughed so hard, and for a few seconds before this episode started, forgot just how funny it can be. Brilliant start, and i can't wait for more.

Some of the best moments had to be Shiro's obsession with winning the marathon, along with Sister during the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
and lol@Mario Bros reference
Glad i wasn't the only one to notice that, though then again it's very obvious if you've played the games.

& great to see Hoshi during the previews this time. Wonder if that will stick.
Old 2010-10-05, 18:03   Link #43
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Surprisingly, Season 2 doesn't skip a beat and gets right into it. No recap synopsis, no character re-introduction, not even a "hey look, we're back!"

It really is like we never left : )

This opening is just as offbeat and quirky as the last one too. I won't say which song is better cuz I like 'em both, but this one's got some pretty flashy visuals.

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-06 at 01:51.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 19:29   Link #44
Ezilled

Let's see.. that was a refreshing episode from what they left off. The same old characters and antics, and the same old Shinbo and his directing skills. SHAFT will always be an embodiment of bizzare comedy. As expected, I wholeheartedly lol'd at Hoshi as the star in Mario World, and I saw from miles away that there's someone who will win instead of Ric. Yuu Kobayashi seems lunatic as ever whilst playing the role of an Amazoness. I really can't wait next week for the closure of their first meeting. Meanwhile, what really caught my attention the most was Nino's dream about her family inside the rocket ship. We can say that we have a good glimpse from her past, and Ric will hopefully unveal the mystery behind her Venusian status someday.

More Hokuto no Ken-esque Strella would be nice, and perhaps P-Ko as well please.
Old 2010-10-05, 20:04   Link #45
Qikz

Wow, I can't begin to explain how much I laughed during that episode.
Spoiler for Episode 1 sort of spoilers:
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 22:10   Link #46
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Nino look so cute when she sleeping and kicks hard to
Old 2010-10-05, 23:34   Link #47
FateAnomaly

Cute yes but it seems pretty dangerous for anyone close by.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 08:17   Link #48
HirakuNoShadow
Sakasama Bridge

The episode has started rather strongly, with an interesting approach of a dream sequence from Nino's perspective. The characters, despite some having not as much development as others (if at all), are so readily usable throughout the show, similarly to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, which is on a similar approach, albeit focusing more on satire and social commentary. The marathon itself was hilarious, ranging from Shirou and the Mayor's extreme-speed skills to Hoshi's invincible mode. Considering how quite a number of the cast are voiced by the same seiyuu as Honey & Clover and other familiar animes (Hiroshi Kamiya, Tomokazu Sugita, Keiji Fujiwara, etc.) seems to make me able to relate with the characters with much more ease and enjoyment.

Spoiler for Just talking about the ED by Suneohair:
Old 2010-10-06, 09:33   Link #49
klare

a nice eps 1, showed us all the chars again, the marathon is funny too

and about that amazon, i guess more will be revealed later
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 09:47   Link #50
Used Can

It was just perfect. This is, in my opinion, a good example of how a second season should begin. There's no need for flashy reintroductions or anything like that, just start from where the previous season left off, and keep doing what you do well.
Old 2010-10-06, 10:01   Link #51
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
It was just perfect. This is, in my opinion, a good example of how a second season should begin. There's no need for flashy reintroductions or anything like that, just start from where the previous season left off, and keep doing what you do well.
Exactly! That was the best part of this premire IMO. The show made me feel like no time passed at all between seasons 1 and 2, even if it was about 4 months since we last saw Arakawa. This episode felt like episode 14 of the first season, and I love it. The people that have seen the first season need no reintroduction (although, we probably would have gotten them if it was absent for more than 1 anime season).
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 06:49   Link #52
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh God, I forgot how much I missed this show...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 09:13   Link #53
Qikz

I got this screenshot and forgot about it, this bit had me cracking up so much!

Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 09:45   Link #54
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I'm always invincible!
Old 2010-10-07, 22:44   Link #55
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Brings back the laughter. That star guy is real funny, i can't imagine myself as Nino- having to listen his awful singing
VEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 18:50   Link #56
blewin

same sentiment as many posters here, I've forgotten how enjoyable and funny this series can be! first episode is great with some nice foreshadowing of latter events (to be continued in episode 106 or something?)

The part with everyone coming up to Nino's house and getting very surprised with Ric in their own ways is just hilarious. Hoshi dying to get into Nino's house, Piko here to talk about her feelings, the mayor...... still pretending to be a Kapa despite his costume almost falling off.

and then there's the race. Sister.. (and his counter-version when Ric went to look for Hoshi's nonexistent ball).

and lastly, we get to see some of Nino's past. What is that? A real rocket? Is Nino really from another planet??

can't wait to see more! It's time that we viewers get to see some of the past of our heroine.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 20:24   Link #57
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
same sentiment as many posters here, I've forgotten how enjoyable and funny this series can be! first episode is great with some nice foreshadowing of latter events (to be continued in episode 106 or something?)

The part with everyone coming up to Nino's house and getting very surprised with Ric in their own ways is just hilarious. Hoshi dying to get into Nino's house, Piko here to talk about her feelings, the mayor...... still pretending to be a Kapa despite his costume almost falling off.

and then there's the race. Sister.. (and his counter-version when Ric went to look for Hoshi's nonexistent ball).

and lastly, we get to see some of Nino's past. What is that? A real rocket? Is Nino really from another planet??

can't wait to see more! It's time that we viewers get to see some of the past of our heroine.
Nino from another planet? I think all the characters there have just for their mind-rotten and believing in weird stuff. I'd still think Nino is a runaway kid or an abandoned kid.
VEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 15:04   Link #58
Midonin
Last Engage

The dimension of the third awakens!

Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 15:34   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hoshi's mask looks so creepy. Aside from that, fantastic ending.

PS: where's RL Nino?
Old 2010-10-10, 15:47   Link #60
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
*3rd Dimension*
O-oh my, i-i-i-its too much to handle!

*Explodes*
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen