AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-24, 13:18   Link #6201
FeistyDreams

It's a short story COLLECTION novel. Not the title of a short story. Not a major plot novel. It probably won't even have any new stories, just MAYBE one new on and no telling when in the timeline it would take place. I'm hoping for a post-ZSBM short, but I'll be happy either way.

And what I mean by 'not new stories' is that there are a bunch of shorts that were serialized in Dragon Magazine but aren't in any of the previous compilation novels. They'd be new to me, and there have been a few I've been DYING to read, so I hope they're in it~
Old 2011-04-24, 20:58   Link #6202
thewinneher

i feel like if they were to do post-sbm short stories, they'd sort of become more of a high-school-love sort of deal instead of the high-school-awkward-relationship sort of short stories that we all love... PLUS THERE WOULDNT BE ANY OF THEIR FRIENDS ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY ALL GRADUATED D:
thewinneher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 07:52   Link #6203
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiichi-san View Post
Wow, I'm guessing this is not a good thing. I wonder if they hold exculsive rights to the FMP novels.
This definitely sucks for us Americans. Tokyopop just released the fourth novel a few months back. Hopefully they've been selling well enough for another publisher to pick them up, but I doubt it. Manga still sells, but light novels haven't been that successful in the U.S. market. So, yeah, I'm bummed because I've been collecting the FMP novels and the Twelve Kingdoms novels.
Hussar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 11:13   Link #6204
seiichi-san

Send a message via MSN to seiichi-san
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussar67 View Post
This definitely sucks for us Americans. Tokyopop just released the fourth novel a few months back. Hopefully they've been selling well enough for another publisher to pick them up, but I doubt it. Manga still sells, but light novels haven't been that successful in the U.S. market. So, yeah, I'm bummed because I've been collecting the FMP novels and the Twelve Kingdoms novels.
I agree it does suck, but I did find the first four novels for a cheap price and ordered them. Thank god for Google, I should have thought of searching the whole web instead of just looking at ebay and amazon first.

BTW... I checked the wiki page and someone recently updated the page saying the 4th and 5th novels were released in the US. I have not idea how accurate that information is.
seiichi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 14:32   Link #6205
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiichi-san View Post
I agree it does suck, but I did find the first four novels for a cheap price and ordered them. Thank god for Google, I should have thought of searching the whole web instead of just looking at ebay and amazon first.

BTW... I checked the wiki page and someone recently updated the page saying the 4th and 5th novels were released in the US. I have not idea how accurate that information is.
The 4th and 5th are the first and second part of Ending day by day, that has been released in the US as a single volume.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 18:34   Link #6206
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Well, i was only hoping it was a comedy short after the final novels...why not? they went through hell, why dont we hear what they are up to now? I mean theres plenty of loose ends, will they go back to school and restart senior year?

And if its old stories i dont mind, i wish they put the ones we HAVENT read or translated, like that famouse Yosuke vs Sousuke Story XD..!
Old 2011-04-25, 19:54   Link #6207
FeistyDreams

Yosuke? Do you mean Kousuke? This guy?

That story, if it's the one you're talking about, is already IN a short story collection novel, I've got it sitting next to me. It's freaking hilarious. Sousuke makes a better Kousuke than Kousuke does a Sousuke, and Kousuke is a freaking actor. Just goes to show that Sousuke is one-of-a-kind, can't be copied at all =P

The stories I'm talking about that need to be put into a novel are ones like this or this. Damn do I ever NEED that last one! I assume they're playing airsoft or something, but I neeeeeeeeed to read it! It promises to be EPIC.
Old 2011-04-25, 20:18   Link #6208
thewinneher

what i absolutely LOVE about this series is that whenever i think i've read everything, i havent even made a dent but it sucks cause i dont know where to find anything -.- i need to learn japanese asdlkfjalksdfj
oh and where might i find the chapter about kousuke?
Old 2011-04-25, 20:46   Link #6209
FeistyDreams

Kagemusha no Showbiz isn't translated. ^^; I have the Japanese novel sitting next to me. Story is epic win. One day I'll get around to translating it. I can read it a LOT faster than I can translate. When I translate, I like to make sure I get every little bit in there properly and then rework it to sound good in English, which usually involves a lot of reference materials being used and the likes. When I read for myself, I skim over and miss some stuff, but know what's going on enough to appreciate the story, and only look up when I just NEED to know an exact line.

Like Natalia asking Kaname to quit school and become a stripper like her, in the story Miiratori no Drunker. Sousuke's reaction was epic.
Natalia: "Hey, Kaname-chan, you should stop with this school stuff and become a stripper!"
Kaname: "Hmm, hahah, maybe. It could be fun!"
Sousuke: "Chi-Chidori... I... I could never forgive you... if you did..."
Kaname: "Ahahahah! I was just kidding, get it out of your mind!" *playful whack*

*snicker*

::Edited to Add::
Oh, I'll share this translated snippet from Kagemusha no Showbiz. It's my favorite scene.
Spoiler for K-Kiss!?:

Last edited by FeistyDreams; 2011-04-25 at 20:58.
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 22:01   Link #6210
thewinneher

HAHAHHAA im like dying im laughing so hard XD
by the way, thank you SSOOOSOOOSO much for everything you've done for this series. whether it be translating or providing some sort of information, you're the best
Old 2011-04-25, 22:37   Link #6211
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Kagemusha no Showbiz isn't translated. ^^; I have the Japanese novel sitting next to me. Story is epic win. One day I'll get around to translating it. I can read it a LOT faster than I can translate. When I translate, I like to make sure I get every little bit in there properly and then rework it to sound good in English, which usually involves a lot of reference materials being used and the likes. When I read for myself, I skim over and miss some stuff, but know what's going on enough to appreciate the story, and only look up when I just NEED to know an exact line.

Like Natalia asking Kaname to quit school and become a stripper like her, in the story Miiratori no Drunker. Sousuke's reaction was epic.
Natalia: "Hey, Kaname-chan, you should stop with this school stuff and become a stripper!"
Kaname: "Ahahahah! I was just kidding, get it out of your mind!" *playful whack*

*snicker*

Oh, I'll share this translated snippet from Kagemusha no Showbiz. It's my favorite scene.
Spoiler for K-Kiss!?:
LOL!

FIESTY!!!! you had it this WHOLE time!? Your such a baka! dont be so greedy ;-; Tokyopop died, i'll never see that story...pleasee..before I turn 40? ;-; translate!

Bows before her like a diety* FIESTYSAMA!

and that part there is hilarious XD
Old 2011-04-25, 22:44   Link #6212
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Yosuke? Do you mean Kousuke? This guy?

That story, if it's the one you're talking about, is already IN a short story collection novel, I've got it sitting next to me. It's freaking hilarious. Sousuke makes a better Kousuke than Kousuke does a Sousuke, and Kousuke is a freaking actor. Just goes to show that Sousuke is one-of-a-kind, can't be copied at all =P

The stories I'm talking about that need to be put into a novel are ones like this or this. Damn do I ever NEED that last one! I assume they're playing airsoft or something, but I neeeeeeeeed to read it! It promises to be EPIC.
I dont even KNOW what those two stories are? Any hints what the gun weilding couple is about? I am dying to know! I love it!
Old 2011-04-25, 23:26   Link #6213
FeistyDreams

I'm sorry, I'm sorry! XD <3! I'll work on translating it ONE day... It's one of the ones I want to do sooner, rather than later, I just haven't sat down with it seriously. I have, however, got the GDoc all set up with the Japanese text. I just need to play with WWJDIC and my grammar references. ^^;

As for those other two stories, I don't know them either. They were serialized in Dragon Magazine, I don't have them, they're from the early 2000s. Impossible to get those back-issues. I'm thinking that those stories should be in this upcoming collection novel, and I'm super excited to FINALLY be able to read them. Those pictures are such TEASES! ESPECIALLY the one with the guns. I THINK it's Airsoft, that's what would make sense, but I look forward to reading Kaname shooting at Sousuke, for whatever reason it might be XD
Old 2011-04-26, 09:58   Link #6214
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

There's supposed to be an "important announcement" in the new volume of the FMP manga. Speculah is a new anime production, ofc.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-1678.html
Old 2011-04-26, 11:46   Link #6215
seiichi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
The 4th and 5th are the first and second part of Ending day by day, that has been released in the US as a single volume.
Gotcha I should have researched that a little more.
Old 2011-04-26, 12:01   Link #6216
seiichi-san

Quote:

*snicker*

Spoiler for K-Kiss!?:
That is awesome thanks for sharing it. Classic Kaname got to love it.
Old 2011-04-26, 12:04   Link #6217
seiichi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
There's supposed to be an "important announcement" in the new volume of the FMP manga. Speculah is a new anime production, ofc.

Well if this true that will be awesome. Lets cross our fingers.
Old 2011-04-26, 17:13   Link #6218
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:

holyshit..!

*screams with delight* wait, why is that all blurred? GAHHH! DIESZ*

Your still a meanie Fiesty-sama <_<....
>.< I VANT TO READ ITZ!
*steals her books and crys cause its all japanese* ;-; BAKA BAKA!
Old 2011-04-27, 11:01   Link #6219
Ottocycle

Quote:

I hate to be the bringer of not-so-good news, but there is also speculation that if there is a new series, it will be going back to Gonzo.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 11:54   Link #6220
seiichi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
I hate to be the bringer of not-so-good news, but there is also speculation that if there is a new series, it will be going back to Gonzo.
Well at least it is news. I think I will keep being patient. Though I know I have not been waiting as long as other people have.

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen