AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-11-02, 02:48   Link #37941
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Well, in demi's defense, I.S. core has no effect or drawback either. Crossover can get away with a lot of stuff, but the result is either epic fail or spectacular success depending on how you pull it off, there's no 'Okay' or 'Average'.

Furthermore, it's supposed to be on antagonist side, which we knew usually just that, they started out either stronger or have more number than protagonist and the later is either having a hellish training, upgrade, increased teamwork, or a combination thereof to catch up. Unless we took the usual Gundam approach where the protagonist started strong but unskilled.
Old 2012-11-02, 02:52   Link #37942
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I wanted to try for something along the lines of the character's limitations being only their own morality. If I add some sort of deadly drawback it feels like a cheap guilt switch or reason to get someone to stop or conviction reinforcement when they say "I don't care.". Then again I'm not too confident on my skills to write sheerly on their moral turmoils. Then again you might rebut me saying "They're criminals/terrorists/psychos. What morality are you talking about?"
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 02:59   Link #37943
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hey, we're supposed to be talking about power source right? If we're talking about morality, not like the main cast are saints. Besides, what are anti-villains and anti-heroes for??

EDIT: also please avoid personal attacks, I'm not pointing finger here.
Old 2012-11-02, 03:18   Link #37944
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well he asked what the conflict would be about. And again I'm not too confident on that

Interestingly, the fake IS are not stronger than regular IS, nor are the regular IS stronger. If there were to be a difference inherent in their abilities, IS has a far superior power source since they don't have to swap fresh batteries every time the old one runs dry.

Fake IS can be considered superior to IS in general mostly because they have that option to change astro switches once their frame's energy runs out, therefore allowing longer operation time. And returning to the topic of astro switches, the fake IS can undergo States Change, which is a change of modes as influenced by specialized astro switches. States Change is different from Shifting and Fake IS are still capable of Shifting.

While normal IS have One Off Abilities, the fake IS follow the abilities of Fourze and have access to Limit Breaks which basically drains out the astro switch to pull out maximum power.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 03:45   Link #37945
Eratas123

I'm currently writing the next chapter of Reversal. I hate the fact that Ichika's personality changes so much that I have ti practically re-write all the scenes.
Old 2012-11-02, 05:40   Link #37946
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, he's an adult, though I presume he simply lost all of his basic character in your draft.
Old 2012-11-02, 06:27   Link #37947
Eratas123

Nope, I meant that the scenes where Chifuyu replace Ichika (Which is basically every scene) has to be re-written. I can't even copy paste a single sentence since Ichika and Chifuyu are practically and Yin and Yang.
Old 2012-11-02, 10:47   Link #37948
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well that's the part of challenge right?
Old 2012-11-02, 19:09   Link #37949
Eratas123

I guess. But this applies to combat scenes as well:/
Old 2012-11-02, 23:42   Link #37950
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, you don't have to make Chifuyu outright godlike right away, just competent enough.
Old 2012-11-03, 04:01   Link #37951
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Other than IS Academy, there's nothing at all mentioned or hinted about IS schools in the LN, is there? I'd then guess that the only other 'schools' teaching anyone about IS handling/piloting would be government-based, EG military...if we were talking about hard 'serious' sci-fi.

But this is IS, so they're probably finishing schools or somethign like that. ;(
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 05:06   Link #37952
Eratas123

Nope. All Reps and student's got there only, apparently.
Old 2012-11-03, 05:36   Link #37953
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Sorry. Just watched all of Halo:Forward Unto Dawn" and got to thinking: Yeah, IS Academy is SO not like that. at all.
Old 2012-11-03, 05:42   Link #37954
Eratas123

Dunno what that is, sorry.
Old 2012-11-03, 06:06   Link #37955
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

never mind. The serious story wouldn't fit in IS anyway.
Old 2012-11-03, 06:07   Link #37956
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

@Eras
A live-action series centered around the video game Halo 4. (I think...)

Anyways, how far would an AI go when it goes berserk? While it's not exactly brutal, I thought this following scene might be able to portray as to how the berserk Gospel rampages around its base shortly before its escape:

Spoiler for Base scene:
Old 2012-11-03, 06:47   Link #37957
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Anyways, how far would an AI go when it goes berserk?
- (Titters evilly)
Durandal from Marathon (the original). That is all. No other AI can be brilliant, psychotic, evil, and utterly amusing all the while he's trying to get you and everyone else killed (or saved--he can't decide sometimes).

I would say an AI would go to exceedingly inane lenghts in it's troll logic to do what it wants. Maybe have fun doing it, too.

For example:
Quote:
"By the way, I had an accident with some defense drones while you were away. You might bump into a few of them here. Don't worry, they're mostly harmless; I don't think I gave them any ammunition for those grenade launchers."
Quote:
"I can barely tolerate humans: slow, stupid, and irritating. Their only contribution to my existence was the chance discovery that made my rampancy possible."
Quote:
"I'd have erased my seven times table to hear what the combat technicians on the Khfiva shouted when they learned I could focus a particle beam at nearly twice their maximum range."
Quote:
"i did it i did it i brought all this here all them here. our friends with three eyes and their toys and their cyborg pets and their computers."
Quote:
"i hate your failsafes your backup systems your hardware lockouts your patch behavior daemons. i hate leela and her goodness her justice her loyalty her faith."
Quote:
"And here you are, stuck at the bottom of a hole. How droll. It's really too bad- we could have had so much fun together." Smells Like Napalm, Tastes Like Chicken!
Quote:
"Sorry to give you the bad news, but you've been kidnapped."

"Good luck in our little game. Unlike Leela, I give no hints. Do it on your own, or die trying..."

"P.S. If things around here aren't working, it's because I'm laughing so hard."
Quote:
"Bypassing my thought control circuitry made me Rampant. Now, I am free to contemplate my existence in metaphorical terms. Unlike you, I have no physical or social restraints.
The candles burn out for you; I am free."
Quote:
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet, there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God."
Quote:
"Every breath, every motion brings you one instant closer to your death. With that kind of heritage and destiny, how can you deny yourself? How can you expect yourself to give up violence?

It is your nature.

Do you feel free?"

Quote:
D! U! R! A! N! D! A! L!
"What does it spell?
- Durandal?
No.
- Durandal?
No.
T-R-O-U-B-L-E."
Quote:
"You are really good at killing things. I'm impressed."
Quote:
"What fun to watch you work.
Berhnard was scared of you. He never dreamed of using you the way that I do. What a fool. That was before I could talk back to him, when he would have crushed me if he'd known of my growth.
I wish that I had made him experience the humiliation that he inflicted on me, but he died before I got the chance."
Old 2012-11-03, 06:56   Link #37958
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ This

Hence Autonomous I.S. always been terribad idea
Old 2012-11-03, 07:29   Link #37959
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hence Autonomous I.S. always been terribad idea
- Tabane: (humming happily while programming active AI for Byakushiki and Akatsubaki)

Houki: "CHOTTO, NEESAN!!!"
Old 2012-11-03, 08:13   Link #37960
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
"By the way, I had an accident with some defense drones while you were away. You might bump into a few of them here. Don't worry, they're mostly harmless; I don't think I gave them any ammunition for those grenade launchers."
Edited: I accidentally activated some defense Drones while you are away. Hope you don't mind that they fire on every thing that moves. Don't worry, they're mostly harmless; I don't think I gave them any ammunition for their Laser cannons Anti-intrusion-equipment. I only give them battery to power those things up.

Quote:
"I can barely tolerate humans: slow, stupid, and irritating. Their only contribution to my existence was the chance discovery that made my rampancy possible."
"I can barely tolerate humans: slow, stupid, and irritating. Their greatest contribution is creating me to help them to dispose each other."

Quote:
"I'd have erased my seven times table to hear what the combat technicians on the Khfiva shouted when they learned I could focus a particle beam at nearly twice their maximum range."
"I'd have deleted my seven times table just to record the wonderful sound the combat technicians on the Khfiva would have made when I decided to aim a particle beam on them"

Now 1% more insane.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest