AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-21, 15:59   Link #1
Simonsy

Ore to Kanojo ga Geboku de Dorei de Shuujuu Keiyaku [Light Novel]

Well I noticed that this has started to get translated so thought be a good time to have a thread for it since I couldn't find one anywhere.

[summary] taken from Code-zero's blog

In a world where beasts cause disasters to the lands, there are those called Hexenritter who use their magical power to summon their servants to fight them. There is an academy which trains such people (girls). One of the students there is a girl called Shirley. She’s the heroine of the story and her family was originally one of the four great nobles of her country until its downfall. For that reason she is isolated from other girls. After her many attempts, she manages to summon a servant. But this servant happens to be a boy with has lost his memories. Hayato is his name.

One of Shirley’s aims is to win the tournaments which will give the winner the title, Grantzveissen. It will allow Shirley to regain some of her family’s glory back. In order to participate in the tournament, she needs to get good results in battles arranged by the school.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 16:43   Link #2
BW95
Banned

This sounds a like a ripoff of Zero no Tsukaima.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 17:56   Link #3
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
This sounds a like a ripoff of Zero no Tsukaima.
Except, from what I've heard, this girl is actually cool. Unlike Louise.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 18:21   Link #4
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Except, from what I've heard, this girl is actually cool. Unlike Louise.
So she's dere?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 18:41   Link #5
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
So she's dere?
According to Code-Zero, extremely. Like, even though she's technically his master, she acts like the servant, because she felt it wasn't fair that he became a slave for nothing, or something like that. Go check out Code-Zero's blog to see his full review on it. He did mention that the series does have a lack of originality, but then again most light novel series nowadays lack that as well.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 19:14   Link #6
GenesiD

Quote:
According to Code-Zero, extremely. Like, even though she's technically his master, she acts like the servant, because she felt it wasn't fair that he became a slave for nothing, or something like that. Go check out Code-Zero's blog to see his full review on it. He did mention that the series does have a lack of originality, but then again most light novel series nowadays lack that as well.
It has come to a point where I largely choose my LNs depending on the personality of the MCs rather than the plot and setting (because chances are, most aspects are identical everywhere). Anyhow, I'm not complaining, a change in the personalities (read: not a violent tsundere for most female MCs) is always fun to read with.
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 19:47   Link #7
Simonsy

I've seen quite frequently people saying that something copies Zero. I hear it for half the new anime's, half the new LN, and half the new mangas.

Starting to feel like Zero is the new DBZ and all new shounen are DBZ ripoffs or something.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 21:22   Link #8
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
I've seen quite frequently people saying that something copies Zero. I hear it for half the new anime's, half the new LN, and half the new mangas.

Starting to feel like Zero is the new DBZ and all new shounen are DBZ ripoffs or something.
Technically DBZ is the most successful shounen currently (but I doubt any shounen will come close to DBZ's popularity) and even though it ended for more than decade it is still popular with the younger generation even to kids that wasn't born when it ended. So because of its' popularity it became the bases for most battle-type shounen genre.
Old 2014-04-21, 21:30   Link #9
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Looking at pict then look at the synopsis, I thought I read that as "In a world where breasts cause disasters to the lands". Was disappointing to found out that it beast not breast...
Old 2014-04-21, 22:30   Link #10
watisit

Quote:
Actually she holds the idea that the MC is her servant and should risk his life to protect her, as such it is only fair that she offers everything to him. She's not like Louise at all who is a tsundere and goes hating on the MC. She has been making moves on the MC ever since he was summoned
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 10:56   Link #11
Birdway
Banned

Not bad for the female MC, I thought she would be a bitch but isn't the case so far.

Now stop the comparisons with ZnT, that series cancer was her main character and now any comparisons comes in a negative light.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 11:25   Link #12
Trung-t-rung

So she is basically a more straight-forward Rias from DxD.
That doesn't sound bad at all.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 20:49   Link #13
Vaans
NEET

It does have ZnT vibes after reading the prologue and parts of chapter 1. But without the violent tsundere vibes.

This have pique my interest.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 23:30   Link #14
Zehini

No violent tsundere?
Count me in on this one!
Old 2014-04-23, 05:59   Link #15
black_cat1

From Code-Zero:
Quote:
the ecchiness is the same level as Toloveru which is good. So it’s probably in the safety zone.
Same level as To love ru? Safety Zone? I don't think so. Ecchi is fine but to the level of TLR is definitely not a safe zone.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 06:42   Link #16
Vaans
NEET

TLR's ecchi level is borderline h. It's on the critical zone

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 07:13   Link #17
clarkken228

The heroine is cool, looking toward this novel.
I haven't read TLR yet but people say it's near-H. Is that right?
clarkken228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 08:05   Link #18
watisit

While there isn't and will never have an absolute H scene, there is plenty of groping and a few bath scenes.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 16:34   Link #19
cautr
Professional Onii-sama

At least for chapter 1, it doesn't show much which would distinguish it from ZnT. Apart from the overall bolder behavior. I like its style so far nonetheless, but it won't become something big from what it has shown so far.

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
cautr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 09:31   Link #20
bladestorm91

Does the mc get powerful anytime soon? After his performance in chapter 2 I'm growing impatient.
bladestorm91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem