Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Limited edition of vol 6
Old 2013-02-27, 09:56   Link #1782
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Aye. Though I find the convenience of being able to turn seireis "evil" questionable, I've yet to read 5 and 6 so I'll save my judgments for later, when I do get around to reading them.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'convenience.' Wasn't it already established that DEM had the resources to brainwash characters as shown with what happens at the end of 6? I won't spoil the details since you claim that you haven't read it yet.

Quote:
Please let it be so. I just hope that it doesn't become just a one-off thing and then promptly forgotten afterwards once it switches back to lovecom (like with the spacequakes premise and such). I'm welcome to some degree of gravitas the series can muster at this point.
Yeah, hopefully the series will try to keep the silly lovecom thing to minimum after all the drama going on. The only thing I find questionable so far is Tohka's odd new fashion statement, which is probably one of the worst things I've seen involving this series.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 10:00   Link #1783
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Limited edition of vol 6
Didn't the limited edition also have a Tohka figure included too?
Old 2013-02-27, 10:05   Link #1784
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'convenience.' Wasn't it already established that DEM had the resources to brainwash characters as shown with what happens at the end of 6? I won't spoil the details since you claim that you haven't read it yet.

Yeah, hopefully the series will try to keep the silly lovecom thing to minimum after all the drama going on. The only thing I find questionable so far is Tohka's odd new fashion statement, which is probably one of the worst things I've seen involving this series.
Mmm, by convenience I mean something along the lines of the author's thoughts probably going "well, I can't come up with something to rival seireis, so I'll just have them turn evil because of brainwashing instead to up the ante". That's the kind of convenience I initially meant, though still rough around the edges with regards to what I'm trying to convey.

Brainwashed and evil, while not a very rare trope, tends to fall flat when its used to no effect, and especially more after the fact. I hope that it's being used for something worthwhile and monumental in this instance, and not just for a cheap DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN effect. For example, further solidifying Tohka's relationship with Shidou, or getting Shidou to realize how important Tohka's been for him now that she's no longer around. For starters.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:18   Link #1785
Riki
ランダム王

heres a part of Vol 5 chapt 4( =.= ). i am still translating but in a slow pace so dont go saying i disappeared or something.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:18   Link #1786
Shinon

is there any summary or spoiler for vol 6?
Old 2013-02-27, 10:24   Link #1787
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Mmm, by convenience I mean something along the lines of the author's thoughts probably going "well, I can't come up with something to rival seireis, so I'll just have them turn evil because of brainwashing instead to up the ante". That's the kind of convenience I initially meant, though still rough around the edges with regards to what I'm trying to convey.

Brainwashed and evil, while not a very rare trope, tends to fall flat when its used to no effect, and especially more after the fact. I hope that it's being used for something worthwhile and monumental in this instance, and not just for a cheap DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN effect. For example, further solidifying Tohka's relationship with Shidou, or getting Shidou to realize how important Tohka's been for him now that she's no longer around. For starters.
I see what you mean, though I don't really think "making a viable threat that's not a brainwashed seirei" was what the author was going for with that plot point. There's still some world building to be had, and since there's not much known about DEM at this point, I think the author has some room to make something that could be a viable threat that's not a seirei without it seeming like an asspull.

But yes, I do agree that it should be used for something significant. I'd actually prefer it if this was used to remind the main character that seireis are still a threat, even if they're befriended, and that this builds up to an ending where all the seireis would have to disappear or in the worst case (in terms of writing), become normal humans and form some terrible harem.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 16:49   Link #1788
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
heres a part of Vol 5 chapt 4( =.= ). i am still translating but in a slow pace so dont go saying i disappeared or something.
I'm sorry riki I didn't mean to sound like you had disappeared I was just wondering if RL problems got you not translating. Sorry bout that if it made it sound like you we're completely gone but thanks for the update man and study hard brohammer
Old 2013-02-27, 17:28   Link #1789
Zakoo

Before anything I must say dark tohka is pretty exciting, she was already bold by nature, so just imagine once corrupted!

Shido will die... from moe death.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 18:26   Link #1790
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Didn't the limited edition also have a Tohka figure included too?
There is I think, if u are talking about the nendroid size one.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:35   Link #1791
nfsac

Perhaps from bold Tokha becomes a perverted for Shirou, worse than Origami and her ''finger eating''
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 02:05   Link #1792
DevotionFX
紅月の瞋願

For Kotori's lovers...... >> PV2

//me ; nosebleed to the death
DevotionFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 10:42   Link #1793
Ramen00

"Aishiteru zo Onii-chan!" XDDDD hahah
Spoiler for Vol 7 Discussion:
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 11:38   Link #1794
Shinon

^can you tell me who was brainwashed i really need to know if not here on my profile or pm thx
Old 2013-02-28, 12:48   Link #1795
Ramen00

Spoiler for Reply to Shinon:
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 13:19   Link #1796
oplover
Usually a lurker

Or maybe she just have twins. I mean author have a plan to introduce more girls right?
oplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 19:55   Link #1797
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oplover View Post
Or maybe she just have twins. I mean author have a plan to introduce more girls right?
The twin concept been used in vol 5, i really doubt they will use it again

Maybe a evil clone?.....nah

Side note - tiny teensy bit disappointed that it seem like there's no new character this vol, pretty fun seeing new characters "type" every vol, kinda got used to it.

Last edited by xBakaChanx; 2013-02-28 at 20:07.
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 21:57   Link #1798
haseo0408

I read that the novel 9 will come out with an unaired episode of the anime; the novel will reach 9 volumes by the of year? Time sure goes by fast.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 17:53   Link #1799
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen00 View Post
"Aishiteru zo Onii-chan!" XDDDD hahah
Spoiler for Vol 7 Discussion:
Spoiler for Vol 7:
Old 2013-03-06, 07:14   Link #1800
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I read that the novel 9 will come out with an unaired episode of the anime; the novel will reach 9 volumes by the of year? Time sure goes by fast.
That's some news

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Spoiler for Vol 7:
That will be fun to read.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy