AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-26, 13:21   Link #21
starduck

So technically, you're saying we are fansubing for YOU? Its an obligation for us to deliver the fansub to YOU in a decent amount of time?? You gotta be shitting me... There's no way somebody can think like that... Unlike the pizza you paid and expect a decent service, fansubing is a free service (It's prolly isn't the first and the last time you hear this), don't expect anything from it, just be gratful when something comes out.
Old 2003-11-26, 13:32   Link #22
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
I dunno. What's wrong with making someone wait 2 hours to get the pizza they ordered?
Next time I pay for a fansub, I'll let you know.
Old 2003-11-26, 14:53   Link #23
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
I'd pay for Fansubs if they were made out of pizza....
Old 2003-11-26, 15:42   Link #24
Esperchld
Photographer

What winds up being wrong with it depends entirely on what they want to do with your email address. There is no reason to make someone register unless you plan on doing something with the information garnered from making them register or click banners or do something equally repugnant.

The only problem with waiting two hours for pizza is if it is cold when it gets there. I hate that.

Bots, idlers, and script kiddies are what is wrong with IRC today. We wouldn't have nearly the number of splits or lag with out them. Personally, I would rather see them take other routes besides clogging up the IRC servers with people sitting there doing nothing for hours on end. This abuse of IRC has to end, and it needs to start somewhere.
Old 2003-11-26, 16:03   Link #25
starduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperchld
What winds up being wrong with it depends entirely on what they want to do with your email address. There is no reason to make someone register unless you plan on doing something with the information garnered from making them register or click banners or do something equally repugnant.

The only problem with waiting two hours for pizza is if it is cold when it gets there. I hate that.

Bots, idlers, and script kiddies are what is wrong with IRC today. We wouldn't have nearly the number of splits or lag with out them. Personally, I would rather see them take other routes besides clogging up the IRC servers with people sitting there doing nothing for hours on end. This abuse of IRC has to end, and it needs to start somewhere.
Oh right. I'm selling all your E-mail adresses to spammers and keeping all the profits for myself. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

*sigh*

Uh... So... If you want to chat, go on chatting network like Undernet. And if we want to distro on IRC, then we'll distro on IRC. Its not because YOU don't like it that we need to change our ways. Nobody's forcing you to leech on IRC anyway...

"This abuse of IRC has to end, and it needs to start somewhere."

Blame the ISPs for making it so easy to go on the Internet. IRC is overcrowded only because the Internet is. And that's something you can't stop.

If you don't like it, create your own anime IRC network for only chatters... Haha.
Old 2003-11-26, 17:20   Link #26
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
ok, we will see
but whats wrong about making someone signup for something they want?
What's wrong with the concept, is that the only purpose for a signup would be to make it less accessible and more "elite." It provides absolutely no additional benefit to the fan or to the website.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-26, 18:53   Link #27
DekaMaster
Banned

It's very simple. If you do not want to sign up then go to another channel and download the eps. Or go and get them from another group. Groups can decide how they want to distribute their subs. If you do not like it start your own group and do it yourself. You are getting these subs for free. Remember that when you complain.
Old 2003-11-26, 19:06   Link #28
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

KingRanger is absolutely right. It is just one of many reasons that I avoid ANBU. Anyone else who doesn't like their policies can simply go elsewhere also.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-26, 19:33   Link #29
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
It's very simple. If you do not want to sign up then go to another channel and download the eps. Or go and get them from another group. Groups can decide how they want to distribute their subs. If you do not like it start your own group and do it yourself. You are getting these subs for free. Remember that when you complain.
Sigh. This thread has deteriorated into a near flame war.

What you say is absolutely right. If I don't like it, I can find another avenue. But I wasn't complaining. Read my first post. I was puzzled by the practice, and wanted to know why. I was also unprepared for starduck's comment: "You're just sounding like an ass, writing random comments."

Calling each other an ass... complaining about complaints... everyone assumes everyone else is being vindictive. Well, now I know better. It's an extremely touchy issue and everyone's defensive and upset. Fans should never ask questions. Fansubs are free, so take them or leave them but don't give feedback because no one wants to know. I'm wiser today, thanks to the eye-opening responses here. I now know better than to attempt to understand the motivation behind another person's action. >_<

Someone should lock or delete this thread. (Or am I being antagonistic and presumptuous again?) I truly regret even asking.
Old 2003-11-26, 19:45   Link #30
starduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid

What you say is absolutely right. If I don't like it, I can find another avenue. But I wasn't complaining. Read my first post. I was puzzled by the practice, and wanted to know why. I was also unprepared for starduck's comment: "You're just sounding like an ass, writing random comments."

Calling each other an ass... complaining about complaints... everyone assumes everyone else is being vindictive. Well, now I know better. It's an extremely touchy issue and everyone's defensive and upset. Fans should never ask questions. Fansubs are free, so take them or leave them but don't give feedback because no one wants to know. I'm wiser today, thanks to the eye-opening responses here. I now know better than to attempt to understand the motivation behind another person's action. >_<

Someone should lock or delete this thread. (Or am I being antagonistic and presumptuous again?) I truly regret even asking.
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to whoever said we did it to boost our ego and penis size...
Old 2003-11-26, 20:09   Link #31
DekaMaster
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by starduck
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to whoever said we did it to boost our ego and penis size...
That was what i was replying to as well
Old 2003-11-26, 20:37   Link #32
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid

You're right that it's time to lock the thread. There was nothing wrong with the initial question or attempts to provide feedback on this (or other issues). The problem is that not everyone is capable of dealing with criticism. Unfortunately that leaves us with KingRanger's solution. Simply ignore a group after they refuse to listen to your criticism. It's not as though ANBU is actually the only group to be subbing anything. If they actually had any unique projects, then it would be a much bigger problem to simply ignore them.

Closed Thread