AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-06-30, 12:17   Link #361
Jimmy C

I wasn't sure how much of the problem was Aegisub's fault. Thought I'd ask here first.
Closing timecodes worked as far as getting the lines to display properly. Unfortunately, the video's no longer playing at the proper speed due to that.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 13:07   Link #362
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I wasn't sure how much of the problem was Aegisub's fault. Thought I'd ask here first.
Closing timecodes worked as far as getting the lines to display properly. Unfortunately, the video's no longer playing at the proper speed due to that.
Well that answers the question. It indeed is a bug with timecode handling in Aegisub. Unfortunately the server is down right now, but I know we had a bug report which was similar.
I can't remember if it was fixed...

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 22:55   Link #363
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Well that answers the question. It indeed is a bug with timecode handling in Aegisub. Unfortunately the server is down right now, but I know we had a bug report which was similar.
I can't remember if it was fixed...
might http://devel.aegisub.org/changeset/3084 have affected this?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 02:47   Link #364
jfs
Aegisub dev

That might be it yes. I'm thinking of the thing reported with libass being several seconds off...

Old 2009-07-01, 20:04   Link #365
guest0815

Is Aegisub supposed to handle audio delays set during muxing with mkvmerge when opening audio from video? It seems to recognize negative delays but ignore positive values (h264/aac in mkv. Aegisub v2.1.6 RELEASE PREVIEW SVN r2494)
guest0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 23:30   Link #366
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zergrinch Send a message via Yahoo to Zergrinch
I work around that by changing the audio timing (under audio interpolation) with Virtualdub. I understand that setting an audio delay is one of the planned features in Aegisub.
Zergrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 18:27   Link #367
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamers994 View Post
I have a problem here...again..
Since I formatted my pc, the timing started to now work.
But, only the karaoke, the rest is fine though. I divide everything properly, then I do the sylable timing and when I go to check it, it resets everything to its original sylable timing.:/
I did some karaoke timing recently and ran into this same problem. After splitting and timing the syllables, clicking the Commit button just reset the line back to how it was before the splitting and timing. It took me a bit to figure out that only the Audio Commit button or hotkey worked.

Another issue I just discovered is with the Timing Post-Processor when I apply lead in and lead out at the same time. If there's a line followed close enough by a second line that the lead out would cause them to overlap, it makes them continuous instead but it also overrides the lead in on the second line. So to consistently apply lead in to all lines, I have to run the post-processor once to apply only lead in, then run it again to apply the rest of the options.

Last edited by Desbreko; 2009-08-12 at 18:38.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 16:50   Link #368
Joei
Inactive Member

Hi.

Can anyone tell me how to do that effect? Like BSS do:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8734/skrin01.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5982/skrin02.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5300/skrin03.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3074/skrin04w.jpg
When the panels are moving from bottom, the words are hiding.
Can anyone help me?

ps.
Sory for mistakes, I haven't use english for long, long time...
Joei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 21:01   Link #369
krazywrath

Hey all, hope you're doing good. But I'm having problems with my effect using the retime function. I got the basics working, but I can't make the particles fade out (I bolded and underlined the part for you). This code causes only the first syllable to fade out, but not the rest in any line.
Thanks in advance!

Spoiler for code:
Old 2009-08-20, 21:39   Link #370
jfs
Aegisub dev

Karaoke questions usually go in the karaoke thread.

Your problem is that you're forgetting that retime changes the meaning of all $-variables related to timing, essentially invalidating them and making them useless. The times you give to \t are related to the timings of the line the \t is on, when you retime then the timings of the line changes, but the values in all the $-variables were determined and set before the retiming happened.
What might be useful is that line.duration (yes line, not syllable!) contains the actual duration of the line after the retiming has taken place. (That's a Lua execution environment variable, not a $-variable, by the way.)

Old 2009-08-20, 22:15   Link #371
krazywrath

Thanks jfs, but could you continue helping me in the karaoke thread? =3
Thanks!
Old 2009-09-24, 17:13   Link #372
Hestia
Multilingual Girly Geek
*Fansubber

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me too with a little problem I seem to have. After a spectacular computer crash that cost me dozens of GBs of data, I am now restricted to using an old laptop for the time being. However, Aegisub simply refuses to work on this machine.

To be more specific, I downloaded and installed the latest Aegisub version, along with CCCP, Avisynth and MeGUI. Since this cheap little computer has a low end Intel graphics card, I also got the dreaded OpenGL error. Downloaded the opengl32.dll file into the Aegisub directory, which got it to open the dummy video at least. However, it now refuses to open any kind of video I managed to scavenge from my file loss. It managed to play a workraw that another guy had sent me for a possible collaboration (and everything seems to be working fine, my old subs were still correctly timed and everything), but whenever I try to open any of my raws, workraws or final encoded files, I get this message:

ffmpegsource factory: FFmpegSource video provider: Couldn't find any video tracks: No suitable, indexed track found
avisynth factory: AviSynth error: FFVideoSource: No video track found

The same error message comes out no matter the container (have tried multiple mkv, mp4 and avi files) or codec (x264 or Xvid). The file it did manage to play was an x264 encode in an mkv container, pretty much like most of my own files. And before you ask, yes, I updated my graphic card drivers from the official site. I also have all of my old plugins since I'm a paranoid young woman and had backed up my Avisynth plugin folder.

Now, it's not an emergency per se. I'll probably get my hands on a new decent computer soon (always a die-hard NVidia fan). And I sort of fool around working with just sound until then. I do however find this incredibly vexing. Like an itch you have to scratch, you know? So any ideas on what might be wrong?
Hestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 04:53   Link #373
TheFluff

Start -> run -> %APPDATA%/aegisub
There should be a folder called ffms2cache or something like that in there. Do you have any index files there? If you do, try deleting them and opening stuff again.

If that still doesn't work you should still be able to open avisynth scripts.

e: never mind the first suggestion, it should not affect ffvideosource in avisynth. Can you play these files that fail to open in aegisub correctly everywhere else?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2009-09-25, 04:53   Link #374
jfs
Aegisub dev

Said files that fail, were they somehow involved in the crash, eg. on a harddrive that was connected at the time it happened? Try to checksum them if you have anything to compare against, I'm suspecting the files have become corrupted.

Old 2009-09-25, 06:47   Link #375
Hestia
Multilingual Girly Geek
*Fansubber

Eeeh, I think I've already tried both of your suggestions before posting here. One of the first things I did was to uninstall Aegisub, delete the Aegisub folder in AppData->Roaming and then reinstall (3 times). I also tried replacing it with an older Aegisub version, but the problem was always the same.

The files in question were also all summarily checksummed and they check out ok. They all play perfectly fine in both Media Classic Player and Windows Media Player. I tried re-encoding one of the files into a Xvid-avi simple version. Didn't work. Tried remuxing it into an mp4 and mkv container. Still didn't work. I made a file with just Xvid encoded video, no other streams (audio or subtitles). Again nothing. I even tried using VirtualDubMod to make a direct stream copy pass file, because I read it might help somewhere. Still nothing. (I haven't looked into using VirtualDubMod yet, but should I mention it couldn't load my mp4 audio files for the audio stream?)

Oh, and it doesn't load avisynth scripts either. Same error message. Although, now that I think about it, all of the avs scripts I tried used DirectShowSource for the video command line. Would it change anything if I made a quick script with AviSource instead? Anyway, I think I was pretty thorough. And that's when I thought I'd ask for some more experienced help. ^_^ Scene-timing is impossible when subbing with sound alone. *glares at computer*

Note: I checked again, and when I try to load avs scripts I get a different error message:

Failed seeking video. The video will be closed because of this. If you get this error regardless of which video file you use, and also if you use dummy video, Aegisub might not work with your graphics card's OpenGL driver.
Error message reported: Error allocating texture.

It appears in a couple of video files as well instead of the other error message. It usually comes up right after loading the timecodes.
Old 2009-09-25, 07:57   Link #376
TheFluff

if you get the "error allocating texture" error you don't have the software gl renderer, go make sure you copied that dll properly

edit: also it is impossible to get the ffvideosource error with an avisynth script, it will not get invoked at all

edit edit: it is also extremely unlikely that you're getting the same error message (the ffvideosource one) with a simple xvid avi, because that would mean that avisource failed, and that really shouldn't happen

edit edit edit: can you load these files in virtualdub using an avisynth script with ffvideosource()?

Old 2009-09-25, 09:39   Link #377
Hestia
Multilingual Girly Geek
*Fansubber

OK, I tried to tidy things up a bit, in case it might help. I tried everything all over and here's what I get:

Container-codec => Error message
avi-Xvid => Failed seeking video error message before loading the video
mkv-Xvid => Failed seeking video error after loading timecodes
mp4-x264 => Some files give No video track error after loading timecodes and others Failed seeking video error after loading timecodes
mkv-x264 => Some files open properly, others give Failed seeking video error after loading timecodes

Dummy video works

Avisynth scripts
mp4-x264 with DirectShowSource and FFVideoSource => Failed seeking video error before loading the video
avi-Xvid with AviSource => Failed seeking video error before loading the video

All of the above load just fine in VirtualDubMod with an FFVideoSource avs script. Same in MeGUI. Although now that I see it in a table like this, I realize the Failed seeking error is more common than the video tracks one. It's just that I got the latter more often while opening my files. I also thought opengl might be the more probable culprit. But then why do some videos work and others don't? Anyway, I tried to re-download the mesa opengl from the aegisub site, but the link there is broken. I downloaded some other opengl32.dll that was supposed to solve software rendering problems instead and put it in the Aegisub folder, but nothing really changed. I guess I should wait until the link in the Aegisub site comes back to life? In any case, thanks for the help, because I'm seriously reaching the edge of my abilities handling this little conundrum.
Old 2009-09-25, 09:49   Link #378
TheFluff

Well that clears things up. The "error allocating texture" error (failed seeking video) means that Aegisub tried to create an OpenGL texture (hardware accelerated display thing) to display your video in, but failed because your video card doesn't support textures that are big enough (how big the texture needs to be depends on the video resolution). This is known to happen with some integrated Intel laptop cards (probably because they run out of memory or because the driver isn't all that good at OpenGL) and with some ATI cards under Vista and Win7 (because ATI's Vista and Win7 drivers have extremely shitty OpenGL support).

There are two solutions to this:
1) use lower resolution video (downscale it with an avisynth script), or
2) download the mesa opengl dll linked on the aegisub forums (which does not use hardware acceleration; hence it's very slow but will work anywhere, even with your card). Any other opengl32.dll's will most likely not work. I've poked jfs and asked him to reupload it somewhere else.

edit: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/918329/mesa-742-wgl.zip
(temporary hosting)

Old 2009-09-25, 10:14   Link #379
Hestia
Multilingual Girly Geek
*Fansubber

Downscaling the vids worked like a charm! I'll go camp out at the Aegisub site waiting for the link later, but right now you have my never-ending gratitude. Indeed, I should have noticed that the videos that played were the ones with lower resolution. Most of my own vids and raws were in the 1280x720 category. Thanks again!
Old 2009-09-25, 10:19   Link #380
TheFluff

see the edit of my previous post

Tags
aegisub, help thread