AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-19, 02:28   Link #6561
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
No, that only applies to Chachamaru. "Go, Chachamaru! You're expendable!"
"Negi... There is... a...nother... Cha...cha...maruuu..." **windowsxpshutdown.wav**
Old 2011-01-19, 08:45   Link #6562
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
"Negi... There is... a...nother... Cha...cha...maruuu..." **windowsxpshutdown.wav**
... ... ... ...

I might be going to Hell for laughing at that.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 23:17   Link #6563
Wargumm1i
Hentai

When is the next chapter going to be released.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 01:11   Link #6564
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
When is the next chapter going to be released.
From the last page of the chapter (as with every time there is an author-induced break):

■次号は作者取材のため、休載します。
※次回は9号、1月26日(水)発売号でお会いしましょう!

Should be pretty easy to pick it out even if you can't read a lick of Moonspeak, and even easier if your computer can't display it.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2011-01-21 at 01:22.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 05:00   Link #6565
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
... ... ... ...

I might be going to Hell for laughing at that.
You and me both

And I just realize that the Paru-sama is a homage to the Millennium Falcon
Quote:
A used light freighter built nearly 40 years ago. It was mainly used as a smuggling vessel, but there are plausible rumors going around that the Royal Family used it to flee their country during the Great War.
Old 2011-01-24, 12:50   Link #6566
Shadow5YA

Considering the different structure, I never would have gotten that reference if someone didn't write down the background.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 21:48   Link #6567
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

^^Given the number of Star Wars references in Love Hina, this doesn't surprise me at all.
Old 2011-01-25, 20:02   Link #6568
Random Wanderer

Ok, ok, so the last five chapters (which I just caught up on all at once) have been kind of cool and have made me want to know what happens next. But my overall reaction remains "Are we STILL in this damned freaking never-ending Magical World arc?!" I've grown tired of it. The epic is awesome, but this is just dragging ON.

...And hurry up and bring Emily back to life already! *sobs*
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 20:05   Link #6569
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I think its just how long we have to wait for chapters and etc that your feeling that way lol. If they came out quick it'd probably be more enjoyable x.x
Old 2011-01-25, 20:38   Link #6570
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
I think its just how long we have to wait for chapters and etc that your feeling that way lol. If they came out quick it'd probably be more enjoyable x.x
Maybe. The fact that I've been reading the manga for something like two years (I don't have exact dates, but chapter 221 was current when I started) and we've been in the magical world that whole time may have something to do with it.

It also doesn't help that I happened to like the feel of the chapters where folks were just around school, with no heavy plot going on. All the stuff we've learned on this trip has been great (there aren't going to be any unresolved plot threads LEFT when this arc finishes, it seems), but I kind of enjoyed the chapters before everyone got tangled back up in the plot. The summer vacation stuff from before they went off to Wales was perhaps my favorite part of the series. I want to be able to go back to that, with Collette and Bea and Emily included as part of the group.
Old 2011-01-25, 20:52   Link #6571
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Ok, ok, so the last five chapters (which I just caught up on all at once) have been kind of cool and have made me want to know what happens next. But my overall reaction remains "Are we STILL in this damned freaking never-ending Magical World arc?!" I've grown tired of it. The epic is awesome, but this is just dragging ON.
I have been feeling like that for a long while now.

Quote:
It also doesn't help that I happened to like the feel of the chapters where folks were just around school, with no heavy plot going on. All the stuff we've learned on this trip has been great (there aren't going to be any unresolved plot threads LEFT when this arc finishes, it seems), but I kind of enjoyed the chapters before everyone got tangled back up in the plot. The summer vacation stuff from before they went off to Wales was perhaps my favorite part of the series. I want to be able to go back to that, with Collette and Bea and Emily included as part of the group.
Amen to that too. Hopefully Yue and Makie's recent talk was foreshadowing on it happening.

I miss everyone who was left back at Mahora, and truly hope they can catch up to Ala Alba's character and power development to some degree eventually.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 22:42   Link #6572
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

That's the biggest disadvantage of a multi-genre series, really. Some of us were drawn by the fluffy school moments, some for the harem shenanigans, and some for stuff blowing up, and Akamatsu must juggle between them all. And that's not our fault; the series did promise them all.

Take the latest arc for example. Many wished for it to end quickly and they have the right for it, since there's been less on the factor that drawn them to Negima. Me? I think it's the moment that the series started to actually move from great to awesome, since it's the action that appealed to me most. In fact, I almost gave up this series back during the Kyoto arc only to return when my favorite lil' vampire iced a big damn demon god...

When the arc is finally over and the obligatory breather volume followed, I'm pretty sure I'll be the one wishing for that to end...

Frankly, it's the publishers fault for not letting him do what he want from the first place. Genre shifts are very risky
Old 2011-01-25, 23:05   Link #6573
GreatTeacherKen

Well, if Akamatsu doesn't introduce any more crazy twists, this arc should be over soon and we'll get a comic relief breather after wards.

I personally enjoyed the series from the very beginning and I have never found it dull. However, I definitely got more interested once the series became more action oriented and plot driven. For me, the series moved from very good to something special after the poignant resolution of the Mahora tournament (the brief father-son reunion)
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 23:41   Link #6574
Random Wanderer

I don't object to the action as a whole. I loved seeing Eva freeze and shatter the demon-god and take down Fate. But let's face it: all the magic she or ANYONE did in the Kyoto arc wouldn't even get anyone through the first ten seconds of a fight nowadays. My objection to the action at present is that they've raised the bar so ludicrously high. Even just at the strength he was at when he entered the Magical World, Negi was a GOD compared to the pathetic little mites that were ordinary mages. The difference in power between a regular mage and the protagonist/antagonist is too extreme. It bugs me.

But no, that's not actually my real problem with the Magical World arc. It's just TOO LONG. The tension of them being trapped in the magical world and all the (many many many) related stresses have stretched out over 130 chapters to the point that I am simply sick of them. Even the lighter chapters they had during this arc have not been as good as if they were back home because they AREN'T home. That sort of tension can only be maintained for so long before it switches to annoyance about how long it's taking for the author to resolve it, and for me that point was about... Oh... sixty chapters ago, give or take.
Old 2011-01-26, 00:26   Link #6575
DKN117

So, Mundus Magicus is the new Namek?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 00:47   Link #6576
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Namek takes only for about...10 volume ? If I remember it correctly, it starts at...volume 18 ? D:
As we can see here, Mundus Magicus clearly exceed that

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 00:54   Link #6577
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

The Namek thing is infamous because of the anime; the "five minutes" it took for it to blow up were spread over multiple episodes, if I recall correctly.

At least here, the reason it's taking so long is because new stuff keeps happening, rather than just dragging out one event. I agree that it's dragging now, and Akamatsu should move on, but at least there's been a steady stream of new developments.
Old 2011-01-26, 05:53   Link #6578
Merctrin
Immi

I figured if I was going to come up with actual thoughts instead of fanfiction I might as well make a post. ...Yeah. Those spoiler tags have those titles for a reason.

Spoiler for 315 Leads to Madness:

Spoiler for TL;DR:
Merctrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 07:56   Link #6579
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 315 makes me realize I don't care about how Negi became so overpowered recently. No, just the big dose of epic awesome here and there, notably for these 2 quotes and the obviously related scenes:

Spoiler for Chap 315:
Old 2011-01-26, 08:26   Link #6580
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Chapter 315 makes me realize I don't care about how Negi became so overpowered recently. No, just the big dose of epic awesome here and there, notably for these 2 quotes and the obviously related scenes:

Spoiler for Chap 315:
Aye, even without looking at the pics, just the translations, I can practically feel the awesomeness

Spoiler for Besides:

Tags
action, fantasy