AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Hyouka - Favorite Character(s) Poll
Oreki Houtarou 103 78.03%
Chitanda Eru 64 48.48%
Fukube Satoshi 49 37.12%
Ibara Mayaka 49 37.12%
Fuyumi Irisu 23 17.42%
Oreki Tomoe 17 12.88%
Other 10 7.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-15, 11:32   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Hyouka - Favorite Character(s) Poll

Welcome to the Hyouka - Favorite Character(s) Poll, the place when you can adorn you favorite characters and support them expressing all of your love!

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

If you are selecting "Other" among your choices, please don't forget to name the character(s) you are referring to.

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2012-09-15, 12:12   Link #2
Blaat

To clarify my vote a bit Houtaru, Satoshi and Ibara are my favourite characters, and for me, the show is at its best when these any of these three character interact with each other.
Tomoe and other, which includes cooking class president and the two pumpkin girls, are my second tier characters I really like even though they had a very limited appearance.
Old 2012-09-15, 15:53   Link #3
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I like all of the characters, but I only voted for Oreki because he stands on a level above everyone else.

I hope my opinion doesn't change after watching episode 22.
Old 2012-09-16, 04:09   Link #4
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I picked Ibara, she display different emotions, that I found enticing. She can be cute, angry and enthusiastic.

Ibara might be the only one, I voted for, but Satoshi & Oreki are liked and maybe Eru for the driving plot (or force).
Old 2012-09-16, 07:24   Link #5
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
The two males, Oreki and Satoshi are nominations for two of the best characters of 2012 so it's not surprising they were my two favs. The females were still decent, but really it's the Oreki x Satoshi relationship and dialogue that were the most interesting for me. It's what made Hyouka for me.
Old 2012-09-16, 07:28   Link #6
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Can I vote twice... I voted for Chitanda and I want vote again for her! LOlss..
Old 2012-09-16, 08:34   Link #7
mixordia

I like characters with different personalities and that we rarely see... like Oreki, I really like his personality, not seen many like him around... Chitanda, for many she's annoying and etc... but we all have to agree, she's unique and I really like her. Satoshi is also great and in recent episodes he proved to be more complex. There are many like Ibara... I don't see anything special about her, but I like her too. I'll vote for Oreki and Chitanda, but my favorite among them is Oreki (in fact he is my favorite male character this year).
Old 2012-09-16, 19:34   Link #8
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

The main four, minus Chitanda are awesome. I like Chitanda fine, but the fact that she's mostly a simple-minded moeblob causes her to contrast with the other three by a large factor.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-09-16, 20:16   Link #9
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The trouble is that none of the big four work as well alone as they do as an ensemble. I don't know if I can really say that anyone is a standout character, because it's how they play off of each other that makes for memorable moments.

That said, I'll cast my vote for Sawakiguchi. That girl can come over to my place and cook me dinner share some take-out with me any day.
Old 2012-09-16, 20:43   Link #10
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawfinder View Post
The main four, minus Chitanda are awesome. I like Chitanda fine, but the fact that she's mostly a simple-minded moeblob causes her to contrast with the other three by a large factor.
Watch 22, and I think you'll reconsider.
Old 2012-09-16, 20:55   Link #11
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Watch 22, and I think you'll reconsider.
I did. It's a bit of a case of too little too late, but I appreciated the effort.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-09-16, 21:03   Link #12
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawfinder View Post
I did. It's a bit of a case of too little too late, but I appreciated the effort.
I think some of her seriousness was flagged early on, with regards to her relationship with her uncle, and the ep. when she talked about the nature of the seven deadly sins, but I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Overall, I've been astonished how rewarding re-watching episodes are--lots of little hints dropped here and there that become important in the end.
Old 2012-09-16, 21:59   Link #13
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
May think about it for a few, but I'd almost just vote for all of the main 4. Think they all had some great moments. Houtarou's development has been something to watch and Chitanda became much more balanced to me than she appeared at the start. Just a solid group of 4 characters there.
Old 2012-09-16, 22:19   Link #14
Qilin
Romanticist

I'd agree with the general sentiment that Eru really surprised everyone during the last stretch of the series, the Houtarou and Satoshi pair still stands out as the most complex characters in this series. I mean, it really is strange how two people that could be such opposites can be so similar to one another.

In one respect, they could be taken to represent two sides of society's spectrum: the talented and the non-talented. On one hand, Houtarou is an individual trapped in his personal bubble despite his own talent, desperate to handicap his own potential just to avoid the prospect of failure. On the other hand, Satoshi is an individual determined to avert his eyes from the reality of his own inferiority, even to the point of sacrificing his own chance at a happy future.

Even so, they handled their respective situations similarly. They each constructed their own personal realities with the goal of protecting their fragile self-esteem, even at the cost of stagnation. As such, much of the series was a journey for each of them to reach outside their territories to be able to grasp at a potential future.

All that said, I'd say that both of them progressed quite far since the series began.
Old 2012-09-16, 23:12   Link #15
Somnus
Eh?

The main four, hands down. They have kept me captivated for nearly half a year without fail.
Old 2012-09-17, 01:10   Link #16
rulfo

Oreki hands down. He may be a gloomy sap back then but his change throughout the series is remarkable and down to earth.
Old 2012-09-17, 01:44   Link #17
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I really liked all 4 of the main characters, I felt all of them got pretty good development in the end of the series.
MAL
Old 2012-09-17, 02:17   Link #18
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow - a school ensemble where a boy is winning the poll? That's a unicorn if ever there was one. It's the wrong guy winning the poll (though I voted for both) but I won't nitpick...
Old 2012-09-17, 08:47   Link #19
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

4 main characters are the best....
how they interact and how their relationship developed are enjoyable for me
it's not about mystery... it's because of these 4 main characters, Hyouka got their own sub-forum.. xD
Old 2012-09-17, 09:03   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Voted for the four main characters as well. Houtarou and Satoshi did stand out a bit more, but I can't imagine the series without the other two. It's the four of them that made it work, and I loved them all. I sincerely can't one above the others, which is pretty rare for me. I guess this just does to show how great these characters were.