AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 06:41   Link #61
Kyouka
Is Here

ill def keep tabs on this series for now
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 06:51   Link #62
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Didn't know about this series until yesterday. The premise looked interesting enough to check it out. So far I am not disappointed.

Also, I can relate to Maou as my very first job way back when I was a teen was working the drive-thru at the local McDonalds.

Endless "Black Pepper Fries" Soul
Old 2013-04-05, 07:56   Link #63
Ridwan

Surprisingly good. I'm following this.
Old 2013-04-05, 08:01   Link #64
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yep, a winner. Really nicely executed through and through, with great work by all the cast - most especially Ohsaka Ryouta, who's fast becoming one of the very best in the business.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 08:26   Link #65
OkamiNoKaze

I think I'm going to like this show, it's quite funny. Do you think Hero Girls color scheme was a reference to McDs and Ronald, red hair yellow outfit? His co-worker could practically be the Wendy's Girl too.
Old 2013-04-05, 08:34   Link #66
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Followed. Emilia's seems like a character worth watching.

Also, ???nese is slightly less a turn off than Engrish.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 08:54   Link #67
hoshino_crimsonwings

Really funny and interesting!
Old 2013-04-05, 09:12   Link #68
HandofFate

Interesting first episode.
I read a few manga chapters a few months ago, so surprised it was getting an anime series.

the manga didn't wow me much, but the first episode seems to be doing a different take on it.

anyway i love the first episode because of the amount of screentime of the maou working at mgdonalds. Reminds me of Working! lol.
Old 2013-04-05, 09:14   Link #69
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

"Gee, Maou-sama, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Alsiel—try to take over the world Mcdonalds!"

Wow, they spent a lot of the budget in the 'other world'. So much so that Chi-chan looks like shit in some scenes lol.

But as someone who has read like the first volume or so of the manga (I honestly couldn't stop at chapter 1 because of Emilia XD), I'm extremely happy with the adaptation. Had a grin the entire time I was watching it, and can't wait for the next episode because like the manga, Emilia. But this time, she's voiced by Hikasa Youko <3

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 10:13   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Picked up this because I was intrigued by the rather ridiculous premise. I never expected it to be this good! It was marvelously executed. The final battle between the forces of Demon King and the humans was nicely animated and played straight enough to make you feel you were watching a serious series. This made what followed all the more amusing. Seeing Maou and his underling desperately trying to fit into our society was hilarious. Maou has gotten used to modern human life pretty quickly and seems to be enjoying himself quite a bit. He's like a completely different person already. I wish he had retained his demon king persona. Maybe it will emerge once again now that he's reunited with the hero... which I did not expect to be that girl. This should be fun.

This show's a winner so far. Let's see if it holds up.
Old 2013-04-05, 10:19   Link #71
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

...well, that was unexpected. Satan meets Working! ...yeah, I'm in.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 10:37   Link #72
Silverwyrm

Huh...caught me off guard. All right i'll take it. Let's see where this goes!
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 11:40   Link #73
kyouray
2D > 3D

Intro was totally badass and beautiful, that's probably Atsushi Ikariya's work who did a great job as usual. I also hope the director Naoto Hosoda will bring back Tetsuya Takeuchi.
I wish they put more scenes like this but the comedy is fine too since it's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
the character designs and animation look different from the pv's
Yeah I noticed with the umbrella scene which is different. They even changed the mother in MgRonald.
Old 2013-04-05, 11:43   Link #74
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Interesting first episode.
I read a few manga chapters a few months ago, so surprised it was getting an anime series.

the manga didn't wow me much, but the first episode seems to be doing a different take on it.
The first episode of the anime completely outclasses the first chapter of the manga in every aspect.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 11:49   Link #75
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Yeah I noticed with the umbrella scene which is different. They even changed the mother in MgRonald.
They totally redid all the PV scenes for the first episode, down to the layouts, locations and voice recording. I'm not sure why (did they make the long PV as a pilot?) but I'm taking it as a sign of effort from the staff.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 11:53   Link #76
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Looks like a winner to me. Well constructed, nicely paced. I enjoy the main characters. Maou-sama's quick assimilation of facts is a good thing both for his survival and for the drama. The idea of being able to hypnotize people into doing what you want is a classic. Works for me.

Here's a brief quote from my season preview: "...Director Hosoda Naoto did Shuffle and Mirai Nikki. Writer Yokotani Masahiro has been lead writer for Keroro Gunsou, Reideen, and Busou Shinki (how's that for range, lol?) Interesting cast features Ono Yuuki (Zenkichi in Medaka Box) and Ousaka Ryoutarou (Eita in OreShura), with Touyama Nao, Hikasa Youko, and Itou Kanae."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 11:53   Link #77
Scout_Master

Somehow I found this a little creepy :v

Spoiler for :
Scout_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:16   Link #78
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Interesting cast features Ono Yuuki (Zenkichi in Medaka Box) and Ousaka Ryoutarou (Eita in OreShura), with Touyama Nao, Hikasa Youko, and Itou Kanae."
Just Ryouta, Oosaka Ryouta. (Which reminds me, it's been ages since I last heard Okiayu Ryoutarou...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:35   Link #79
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
They totally redid all the PV scenes for the first episode, down to the layouts, locations and voice recording. I'm not sure why (did they make the long PV as a pilot?) but I'm taking it as a sign of effort from the staff.
Maybe a pilot indeed but they should have showed it earlier since this PV's relatively new. I agree it's a good sign
Old 2013-04-05, 12:50   Link #80
evil_twin

Very nice and enjoyable show so far, but:
Here is the most wicked and ruthless being in the world, hailing from people so wicked and ruthless that they took on a demon form, and all he can get out of a hypnotised cop is the information that "in order to make it in this world you work your ass off"? Where's crime for crying out loud? I'd expected him to end up in drug dealing, extortion, banking, arms smuggling / humanitarian aid or such like ... Guess he must have sustained major brain damage when passing through the gate or something.

Regardless, I'll be watching this show, but of course purely for entertainment purpose, unlike the other shows, which I watch for, erm .. deeper meaning and such ...
evil_twin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work