Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-01-16, 21:57   Link #941
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I have questions about the new Omake stories, but first a list of all the One Piece Omake so far:

Blue Databook: 6 pages of 4-koma (4 panel comic-strip), with the 1st appearance of Chopperman
The 2nd Log: Report Time
The 3rd Log: Obahan Time
The 5th Log: Jingi-nai Time
The 6th Log: Chopper Man
The 7th Log: Monster Time
Yellow Databook: Space Time
10th Treasures: Red-Hair of Class 3 - Sea Time
The 10th Log: Märchen Time
The 13th Log: Family Time
The 14th Log: Ed Sullivan Show

So my questions are: [What is "Family Time" all about?] and [Why is there an Omake named "Ed Sullivan Show"?] also [How does Eiichiro Oda know about the Ed Sullivan Show?]
Only Chopper Man through Monster Time have been animated. Space Time through Family Time are manga omake that haven't been animated.

Family Time features the Strawhats as if they were a family, each character has these roles:

Luffy: 4th son
Zoro: 1st son
Nami: Daughter
Usopp: 3rd son
Sanji: 2nd son
Chopper: 5th son
Robin: Mother
Franky: Father
Brook: Grandfather

I don't know what the Ed Sullivan Show omake is though, must be new.
Old 2010-01-17, 17:26   Link #942
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I have another question why the hell does clothes count as part of the body when people use their devil fruit abilities??

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:52   Link #943
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I have another question why the hell does clothes count as part of the body when people use their devil fruit abilities??
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly here. Are you talking about Logia users in particular? Whenever they transform into their element, their clothing too becomes the element itself. Upon reverting back into their normal/human form, the clothing reappears.

As for why that happens, it's to avoid nudity I would think . For example, remember when Luffy hit Crocodile with his Gomu Gomu no Axe in the desert (Round 1)? He smashed Crocodile's sandy body into the ground. However, If Crocodile's clothes didn't change into sand, they would simply drop down to the floor, and by the time Croc would materialize/resurface from a distance away from where he was hit, his body would be completely naked of course. That would definitely be inappropriate to see in a shonen manga.
Old 2010-01-17, 19:16   Link #944
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly here. Are you talking about Logia users in particular? Whenever they transform into their element, their clothing too becomes the element itself. Upon reverting back into their normal/human form, the clothing reappears.

As for why that happens, it's to avoid nudity I would think . For example, remember when Luffy hit Crocodile with his Gomu Gomu no Axe in the desert (Round 1)? He smashed Crocodile's sandy body into the ground. However, If Crocodile's clothes didn't change into sand, they would simply drop down to the floor, and by the time Croc would materialize/resurface from a distance away from where he was hit, his body would be completely naked of course. That would definitely be inappropriate to see in a shonen manga.
Well okay to avoid nudity but what is Ms. Doublefinger's exuse, I never knew her heels and her cuffs count as part of her body.

Also one final thing, Smoker can turn his body into smoke and because of this he cant get hit (Im only on episode 120 which is still in the Arabasta arc) but if things go through him because he is smoke how is he able to grab things?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:30   Link #945
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Well okay to avoid nudity but what is Ms. Doublefinger's exuse, I never knew her heels and her cuffs count as part of her body.
You just saw the fight between Zoro and Mr.1, right? Well, Mr.1 made his legs into steel blades even though he has pants on.

Quote:
Also one final thing, Smoker can turn his body into smoke and because of this he cant get hit (Im only on episode 120 which is still in the Arabasta arc) but if things go through him because he is smoke how is he able to grab things?
You're thinking too much, my friend . That's just how his ability works. It's specifically meant for capturing people.
Old 2010-01-17, 19:31   Link #946
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Family Time features the Strawhats as if they were a family, each character has these roles:

Luffy: 4th son
Zoro: 1st son
Nami: Daughter
Usopp: 3rd son
Sanji: 2nd son
Chopper: 5th son
Robin: Mother
Franky: Father
Brook: Grandfather
Yes, I remember such info as part of the representations being made for them. Of course I'd have expected to know about such in Oda's SBS section and not anywhere else. < "Oh well."

Quote:
I don't know what the Ed Sullivan Show omake is though, must be new.
Perhaps you or someone else could research on that omake by whatever means possible.

Bonus question: Will there be a logbook that features Brook?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 22:56   Link #947
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:

Oda was asked that question himself and said in the SBS that Devil Fruits change treats clothes as part of the user's body. This was only stated because of the Shonen audience(much like what Blackbeard said).
Old 2010-01-21, 15:21   Link #948
darthfury78

How did boa Marigold become so fat?
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 22:55   Link #949
striderm
Adusa #1

Has Oda ever been asked about the idea of Fishmen/Mermaids eating Devil's Fruit?

That and maybe giants too.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 23:00   Link #950
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
Has Oda ever been asked about the idea of Fishmen/Mermaids eating Devil's Fruit?

That and maybe giants too.
That's actually a good question. I don't see why they couldn't.

But then again they both already have advantages over regular humans so Oda probably saw no reason to give them DF's because of that.
Old 2010-01-24, 04:37   Link #951
darthfury78

Does anyone feel that Aphelandra is the attractive thin version of Marigold? Aphelandra does look like Marigold when she was thin.

Do you think that Aphelandra is the embodiment of what Marigold might have looked like had she not endure the trama that she experienced as a slave? If Marigold had had the carefree lifestyle as a child, I doubt that she would have looked the way she does now. Since she idolize her older sister, Handcock, Marigold might have done everything in her power to become as beautiful as her sister. Thus, I what to know of your opinion as to whether my argument of Aphelandra, as far as her outter beauty, might be the thin version of Boa Marigold?
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 22:08   Link #952
ntherblast

Did the author of one piece ever mention that luffies crew will get bigger? and if it will how many members will it have in the end? Right now i hope that they don't add anymore members to the crew:S
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 22:14   Link #953
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
Did the author of one piece ever mention that luffies crew will get bigger? and if it will how many members will it have in the end? Right now i hope that they don't add anymore members to the crew:S
The only hint we have is something Luffy said at the beginning of the series.

He said he wanted at least 10 members. Whether that includes himself or not is unclear.

With the current 9 (Luffy included in that 9), that means if we decide to follow what Luffy said, the Straw Hats should have 10 or 11 members by the end of the series.

However we could ALSO have just the current 9 to the end of the series or we could end up with more. It's impossible to be sure at this point.
Old 2010-01-24, 22:24   Link #954
striderm
Adusa #1

Luffy wanted a Fishman in his crew. Don't forget that. Seems that he's been getting what he wants.
Old 2010-01-31, 16:08   Link #955
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I'm considering to start reading the manga, since I want to dicscuss about One Piece, in more than just that one thread. Which chapters were covered by the latest episode (436)?
Old 2010-01-31, 16:33   Link #956
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I'm considering to start reading the manga, since I want to dicscuss about One Piece, in more than just that one thread. Which chapters were covered by the latest episode (436)?
The latest episode of the anime ends halfway through the 535th chapter of the manga.

If you wish to continue MAKE SURE to read the latter half (starts around page 12) of chapter 535 as it has stuff that isn't covered by the anime yet.
Old 2010-01-31, 16:38   Link #957
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
The latest episode of the anime ends halfway through the 535th chapter of the manga.

If you wish to continue MAKE SURE to read the latter half (starts around page 12) of chapter 535 as it has stuff that isn't covered by the anime yet.
Thanks alot!
The anime is pretty close the manga, btw. :O
Old 2010-01-31, 19:11   Link #958
striderm
Adusa #1

Anybody know about the hometowns of each strawhat member? I was trying to think if they were from every Blue. I know Robin is from West Blue.
Old 2010-01-31, 23:54   Link #959
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
Anybody know about the hometowns of each strawhat member? I was trying to think if they were from every Blue. I know Robin is from West Blue.
Luffy is from Fuschia Village in East Blue
Zoro is from Shimotsuki Village in East Blue
Nami is from Cocoyashi Village in East Blue
Usopp is from Syrup Village in East Blue
Sanji was born in North Blue, but was raised on the Baratie in East Blue
Chopper is from the Drum Kingdom in the Grand Line
Robin is from Ohara Island in West Blue
Franky is from Water 7 in the Grand Line
Brook is from an unknown kingdom which it's location hasn't been determined
Old 2010-02-01, 09:05   Link #960
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Chapter 535, somewhere around page 11 is where the anime left off.

Tags
q&a