AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-11-20, 19:05   Link #4421
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

It's best to reschedule and see a doctor.

Unless the school is retarded, they won't risk having you infect other people to take a test.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 20:34   Link #4422
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
That's gotta be hard to deal with... I got the Chicken pox when I was little so I'm all set for a while . I suppose the best thing is speak with your teachers (Not personally lol) and explain it. Also, many finals have a second date that you can take them. You might want to check that.

Hope you and your bro feel better
Old 2010-11-21, 10:17   Link #4423
ace firefist
Kerazy.com Editor

Send a message via MSN to ace firefist
So has anyone come back here 6 years later only to discover that they used to post like a pre-pubescent teenage girl hopped up on wayyy too much sugar.
ace firefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 12:25   Link #4424
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I had a 2 year down time a couple weeks after I registered, but that was because I didn't know what to say and didn't know how to dicuss properly without sounding like a pre 16 year old with way to much sugar desu desu desu. To avoid the humiliation and to avoid being a hated user who does nothing but tamble that one or two shows are the best because that was all she had seen at the time I decided to do some research on my own, it was about 2-3 years later or even more I don't know that I actually came back to discuss anime and figure out what was new. At the time I registered Asuki was my only anime source so when things were licensed I didn't understand what happened, when I came back I was fully intergrated into using torrents etc. =)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 14:57   Link #4425
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace firefist View Post
So has anyone come back here 6 years later only to discover that they used to post like a pre-pubescent teenage girl hopped up on wayyy too much sugar.
An interesting, and potentially embarrassing, question.

Quite a bit has changed since my first post in AnimeSuki, back in April 2006. My writing has matured considerably, and the tone of my posts has mellowed as well, especially after I decided to reveal my age and occupational details to the forum (only to designated friends, though). Several of my philosophical positions have also shifted over the years. Many feathers were ruffled but, thankfully, plenty more friends were made.

Four years out of 35 is just under 12 per cent of my entire life — very much less, relatively, than the four out of the 16 to 20 years that is the average age range of most of this forum's members. The proportional impact of my time in this forum, in that respect, ought to matter less to me than to younger members, but that has not been the case at all.

I may already have been very much an adult by the time I chanced upon AnimeSuki, but I enjoyed using the cover of anonymity to behave "younger" than I actually was. To a certain extent, the anonymity also saved me from potential embarrassment over not knowing things I "ought" to have known by 30.

There came a point some time last year when I was hit by a crisis in conscience, for personal and professional reasons. That was when I realised it was no longer feasible for me to pretend to be someone I was not. Hence the revelation of certain personal details, while still attempting to maintain some privacy, for reasons of cybersecurity naturally.

Posting with an open identity forces me to take greater care with what I write. In this respect, I don't regret my decision, and believe instead that it was for the better. My past record still stands, nonetheless, to serve as a reminder to remain ever humble, even as I take comfort from the progress I have achieved.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 15:26   Link #4426
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Come to think of it, I never actually bothered about personal behaviour, be it online or IRL. The way I speak is pretty much the way I write, and usually it offends more people than I actually wanted.

However, I find that anything written in text is much more comfortable to converse in as I tend to forget what I want to say in real life conversations leading to stuttering and constantly tripping over my words, or speak in some alien vocabulary which people have problems comprehending.

I was ghosting around in 2005-2006 before making up my mind to join after the end of my 'A' Levels, because I didn't want people to have a bad impression of me as a closet otaku. Mostly I just move around to look for good anime to watch and getaway from boring school lessons (ESPECIALLY C. MATHS, whichever genius made the syllabus so boring should be shot and hung), but the community then was rather sprodiac and it didn't move as fast as now.

Nonetheless, this forum is certainly more interesting than real life since most of the real people around me have problems seeing beyond their certificates and often live from payday to payday (or allowance to allowance for those who are not working). While those people IRL would go "huh" when I describe a fire engine, there are plenty here who become incredibly fascinated by something big, long, red, hard and squirts water over 100 metres.

There is nothing better in life than applying knowledge or exchanging it with someone who knows alot more than you do.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 16:24   Link #4427
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
To be perfectly honest, I don't think that my posts have changed all that much over the years.

I can keep my cool a lot better than what I used to, though.
Old 2010-11-21, 18:06   Link #4428
Skane
Anime Snark

My initial forum postings were trollish (in the mid 90s). Not on AnimeSuki, but on webcomic forums. Reading back now, I sometimes facepalm to myself on how I managed to behave that way. I could never post back on those forums again, because the stigma of my past postings was too ingrained in the regulars.

The turning point was probably when I started posting on a CRPG forum for Baldur's Gate 2, and became a moderator after a year of posting there. The weight of responsibility made me very careful in how I approach my posts and replies.

I missed being snarky though, because there was a risk people would get offended by it and take advantage of my moderator position to make trouble for me. Being prim and proper is nice and all, but it can get restrictive in expressing your "feelings" on a matter.

Enter AnimeSuki. A new forum to explore, interact with, and without the burden of leadership. I could finally snark to my heart's content and not worry too much about tap-dancing on people's toes.

Cheers.
Old 2010-11-21, 20:44   Link #4429
Gin
*Artist

Wow that sucks, I hope you don't end up sterile.
Old 2010-11-21, 21:01   Link #4430
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Don't scare the kid, Gin-kun.

More seriously, though, my advice would be to ask if there's any way to reschedule, and go to a doctor. They can't fault you for getting chicken pox for the first time when you weren't expecting it.
Old 2010-11-21, 21:12   Link #4431
spikexp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I totally saw you say that with the same face as in your avatar

Like the other said, call them and tell them about it, and go see a doctor, chicken pox can bring some problem when you are adult.

Normally, if you have a good reason (death, accident, sickness) they can't just make you fail... at less a up so
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 21:56   Link #4432
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

If you think positively, then at least with chicken pox, you won't have to worry about doctor's certificate to prove. Because it's obvious just by look...

And if you are 19, and let's hope your exam is 1st or 2nd year of uni, then it should not be that big of a problem. Just contact the school and tell about the situation
Old 2010-11-21, 23:39   Link #4433
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Back in the days of Lyrical search...

Quote:
It wasn't on AnimeSuki, but way back when I used to be really combative and took every statement much too seriously. Eventually I learned how to spot trolls as well as pointless "discussions" and the like and whenever I am serious I usually try to find some way to insert some humor so the arguments don't boil over (although many tell me my sense of humor sucks). So in short, I learned how to "pick my battles" on the vast sea called the Internet. As far as AnimeSuki is concerned, I did have an Alicia Florence speech gimmick, but I dropped it for practicality and I've been told before that my typing is floral enough as is.

By the way, I'm looking for a certain kind of song. It doesn't have to be anime-related, but it would help if it were. The context should be like if I hadn't met you, where would I be now? or something along those lines. I would also appreciate it if it weren't blatantly romantic. Thank you in advance.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 04:13   Link #4434
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Or if you really cruel, you can go to class and cause a Chickenpox outbreak(unless the class was already immune to it in the first place )
Old 2010-11-22, 04:17   Link #4435
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Wear two face masks, alcohol wash your hands and arms, take an isolated seat at least 3 feet away from the nearest person, take the exam and leave the premises immediately after.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 08:46   Link #4436
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Wear two face masks, alcohol wash your hands and arms, take an isolated seat at least 3 feet away from the nearest person, take the exam and leave the premises immediately after.
Bad idea, kind of selfish risking others people health only to get ones exam done. Every time someone turns up with a flu or bad cold in class, my lecturers always sent them back home immediately, and i use to kick my colleagues out of the van. No point acting tough and infecting others just to prove it.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 08:53   Link #4437
Yuno
Balanced Diet

It has long since been tomorrow I am sure~ I wonder what his choice was.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 09:29   Link #4438
Taufiq91

alright guys, i spoke to my lecturer and she told me that i can resit for the exams!

Hooray!

Ouch, the rashes!

Stuck at home with all these stupid rashes. got nothing to do except for One Piece marathons. Currently at the Drum Island arc, ironically.
Old 2010-11-22, 11:03   Link #4439
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Not even a need for a doctor's note? Things sure are easy over there
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 11:34   Link #4440
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Must be a sweet professor. We need a doctor's note to excuse us from an exam.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious