AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-10, 22:20   Link #2581
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

271. We're no strangers to love
272. You know the rules, and so do I
273. A full commitment is what I'm thinking of
274. You won't get this from any other guy
275. I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
276. Gotta make you understand
277. Never gonna give you up
278. Never gonna let you down

Concludes Hina arc
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 22:22   Link #2582
arand017

LoL at sink the pink

That's like sink Hina
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 22:51   Link #2583
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by arand017 View Post
LoL at sink the pink

That's like sink Hina
You make me feel as if I have a rotten mind. ;_;
Old 2009-09-11, 04:35   Link #2584
primuler
Love For 3D

Spoiler for Did you guys know that HnG had two titles every chapter ever since the 21st chapter?:
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 07:29   Link #2585
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Alright I found early spoilers again.
Spoiler for Link for spoiler picture:
Spoiler for Chapter 241 spoilers. Get ready for a surprise.:

Last edited by Koroshiya_Kame_13; 2009-09-11 at 07:40.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 08:58   Link #2586
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Alright I found early spoilers again.
Spoiler for Link for spoiler picture:
Spoiler for Chapter 241 spoilers. Get ready for a surprise.:
Thank you for the early reminder. Before I translate properly, one thing.

Athena is currently trying to find Tennous family again for her parents (I dunno what she means by that) and it seems that Hayate has her power and she needs that power to go back to Royal Garden and achieve her goal.
Old 2009-09-11, 09:11   Link #2587
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

oh wow....oh wow...oh wow!!!!! this is sooo epic
Old 2009-09-11, 09:21   Link #2588
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Athena is currently trying to find Tennous family again for her parents (I dunno what she means by that) and it seems that Hayate has her power and she needs that power to go back to Royal Garden and achieve her goal.
Sounds interesting.

Reminds me of something out of xxxHolic. Something like, Athena managed to lose all of her magical power, which is what she used in the first place to get to the Royal Garden and stay in there. Since Hayate still has remnants of her power in him (from whatever spell she used on him to "heal his wounds" or whatever), if she takes that magic back she can use it return to the Royal Garden.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 09:30   Link #2589
primuler
Love For 3D

Spoiler for Chapter 241 - Shield of Aegis:
Old 2009-09-11, 09:39   Link #2590
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

So we finally get a decent fight scene? And possibly Hayate using his move next chapter?

Took Hata long enough!
Old 2009-09-11, 09:40   Link #2591
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

It is nice to know details are given rather then it just being an all out brawl... ^-^

gods punishment .. for what ? Misuse ? and if so how ?

Also am I the only one feels all her goals are entirely self aimed.. and wasnt greed sort of a bit of a bad thing stone wise? Hmm interesting stuff though... I wonder what Hayate will do. I suppose its time for a resolve test?
Old 2009-09-11, 09:48   Link #2592
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Thanks for the spoilers, and thanks in advance to whomever translates them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Sounds interesting.

Reminds me of something out of xxxHolic. Something like, Athena managed to lose all of her magical power, which is what she used in the first place to get to the Royal Garden and stay in there. Since Hayate still has remnants of her power in him (from whatever spell she used on him to "heal his wounds" or whatever), if she takes that magic back she can use it return to the Royal Garden.

Exactly what I thought, except that the first thing I asked myself was: What will happen to Hayate after, if of course, she takes her powers back. He was weak and worthless. He couldn't even carry a bucket of water. He trained for all these years, but yet again, we don't know just to what extent those powers that Athena gave him help him. Hayate could be cursed, and that magic which Athena used on him, removed it, or just blocked it. It's like being in space with a diving suit. Kay, perhaps that wouldn't last all that long.. maybe another extra minute. Damn, okay, fine, add that he's in slowmotion. That fixes everything, and shows a fine example. Now Space Athena comes, and takes his suit. Ahhh, the sweet exposure to vacuum in slowmotion.

^_^;;

So, Machi is a robot after all? Well, that breaks apart my Machi x Athena theory, unless she has a robot fetish. Or he's something else...

1. Mikado, Athena and Himegami have suffered God's Punishment, while Athena's punishment was the worst.

Something which money can't buy, eh? Mikado is rich as fuck, but he might be suffering from something. Himegami tried to steal something, right? I don't recall what it was, but I think it was something related to the RG. Athena said in the End of the World arc, that the RG is where a God lives, or lived? If that is so, then it's basically one of God's residences? ........

Mikado stole from there, if I'm not mistaken. Himegami tried to steal it too, but indirectly, through Nagi, or something like that.

Athena's parents, not satisfied with only stealing, decided to go and live there. Then they somehow shifted the whole God's curse thing on Athena.

Well, that's some messed up logic I came up with. Heh..

Anyway, what about Hayate? Why is he constantly tormented with bad luck? Can we conclude that this is all God's doing, and it's somehow all related to the RG? If 1 family member get's cursed, does it spread to everyone? Just what is Hayate's brother...

Ahhh, this is overloading my head! >_<

*sigh*

-Edit-

Wait, wait, wait....

Athena's powers? ............. errrrrrrrrrrrrrr what powers? Mahou Shoujo Golden Athena??

Kay, overload complete. All systems performing emergency shut down to preserve core system memory. *bbbbzzzzzzzzzzwwwwxxxxx.......*

-Edit2-

Kay, so much for blindness being an excuse. Takes me half an hour to make up all this stuff~

I didn't notice the translation from primuler, before posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 241 - Shield of Aegis:

So much for my logic...

This simplification of things actually saddens me. It was fun thinking of all the possibilities. So..... Athena was summoning the RG? But that's not fun! LIES! She was trying to summon demons!! After she takes her powers back from Hayate, she will summon the lvl 120 demon boss. Hayate will need mad training, like swimming in lava without goggles, just to beat it (to get endurance against fire magic, the demon uses a high level fire breath, and meteor storm).

Last edited by Rah; 2009-09-11 at 10:12.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 09:54   Link #2593
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

The thought of Athena suffering alone for so long crushes my heart, her goals however seem a little selfish but its to be expected if she is to pass as an antagonish....this makes me like her more <3
Old 2009-09-11, 10:00   Link #2594
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Hmm to be honest I agree on the selfish bit as I stated elsewhere to.. But I dont think thats going to help her now.. I think it will only make it worse.. and thats coming from someone who ISNT a Fan boy of hers at all

as for whats in the RG ... if its that thing we saw back in the EotW arc... I would rather see it destroyed. Then revere it. Or perhaps that was a curse or punishment? "lord of hate" ... hmm
Old 2009-09-11, 10:08   Link #2595
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Wait, wait, wait....

Athena's powers? ............. errrrrrrrrrrrrrr what powers? Mahou Shoujo Golden Athena??
If you couldn't tell she had powers based on End of the World, you've either forgotten most of what happened or weren't paying attention.

She did use magic to heal Hayate's wounds and summon a freaky skeleton demon, after all.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 10:09   Link #2596
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

was it ever directly proved if she herself summoned it. Or if it was self summoned

It feels nice to be fully vindicated by those who mocked me for saying she had powers ^^
Old 2009-09-11, 10:13   Link #2597
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If you couldn't tell she had powers based on End of the World, you've either forgotten most of what happened or weren't paying attention.

She did use magic to heal Hayate's wounds and summon a freaky skeleton demon, after all.

I thought it was related to the RG. Now, from what I understand, she had some kind of powers BEFORE going to the RG.

.... Things are getting messed up. ^_^
Old 2009-09-11, 10:29   Link #2598
Miraluka
Banned

Finally the thing are going J.A.P. I feel bad for Athena ..... Nagi... who is she??
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 10:29   Link #2599
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWence View Post
was it ever directly proved if she herself summoned it. Or if it was self summoned

It feels nice to be fully vindicated by those who mocked me for saying she had powers ^^
It just popped out of nowhere, no one really knows any details about it except that it was apparently the spirit of King Midas or something.
Old 2009-09-11, 10:55   Link #2600
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWence View Post

the skeleton was self summoned, my theory is that Athena and Hayate's strong feelings of angst trigger the summoning, the fact that Hayate was able to see it and not Athena further confirms that Hayate now possesses some power Athena doesnt, after all he can also see the dead priest. Hayate and Isumi might be the only ones with such powers

Tags
comedy, shounen