AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-26, 22:45   Link #81
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Well why not keep up your guessing after episode 6 that was just release? More Crazy Crus :P
Old 2004-02-26, 23:22   Link #82
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Notice that with the final version of the Sailor Moon fandub they include a preview of their dub of Cosprayers?

I think this show is bad enough that a fandub might actually IMPROVE the show.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2004-02-26, 23:24   Link #83
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
Notice that with the final version of the Sailor Moon fandub they include a preview of their dub of Cosprayers?

I think this show is bad enough that a fandub might actually IMPROVE the show.
That's pretty funny I don't know how much the dub would improve it, though, since the sub quality isn't astoundingly bad. It would be interesting if they changed the script, though!

Anyway, I just finished watching episode six and... I didn't think it was as bad as some people were saying. For me, it answered some very, very important questions:

1) What Priscilla's favorite food is.
2) Whether or not Scarlet is actually a masochist.
3) Does the small Miko like to bungie jump?
4) When is the crucifix bondage going to come? I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER FOR MY SWEET, SWEET CRUCIFIX BONDAGE!!

For those of you confused by the crazy puppet, you should watch the ending sequence again. The miko that was being tortured sleeps with that stuffed uh... person.

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2004-02-26 at 23:44.
Old 2004-02-27, 19:50   Link #84
Dragosmore
Translator

Whelp, episode 7 is out. Enjoy the 2nd to last episode of this bad series. Before people ask, here's the translator note for the 'Takama no Hara' bloodline.

http://www.the-triad.org/modules.php...rtid=30&page=1
Old 2004-02-27, 20:02   Link #85
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Well, I just finished watching episode seven of Cosprayers and... holy crap it stopped making sense again. It started to almost make some sense in episode six, but here it just blew everything apart. I'm just going to post a few of my thoughts on the episode...

1) Did anybody notice that the giant statue looked like a person with breasts and a giant tentacle sticking out of its crotch, or was it just me? No, seriously. I mean it.

2) I can understand why Crus never fell in love with Scarlet, what with her being so fickle and all.

3) Why was the creator of the charm bracelets encouraging the Mikos to defeat the enemy? I mean, of all people, I would have at least expected HIM to know what was going on.

4) Why did the Black Mikos try to kill our heroes before if the girls were helping them?

5) Why is Koto called "Miko Reiya", but when they transform they say "Reiya Change"? Are they all called Miko Reiya?

6) Where was Koto going to in the first episode, anyway? A Cosprayin-- er, I mean CosPLAYING convention of some sort?

7) How is it that Scarlet can destroy an entire tower with a single blow, but she couldn't defeat the dark knight without Koto? Did she really gain THAT much power in such a short period of time?

8) I've been trying to make some sense out of how Crus was torturing the girls in episode six. I think that he was doing that to show the Black Mikos that he was on their side, but still helping the girls.

9) Why doesn't the Black Miko Reiya have arms?

10) See? I told you so, Chobits! *flex*
Old 2004-02-28, 02:12   Link #86
aceleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Well, I just finished watching episode seven of Cosprayers and... holy crap it stopped making sense again. It started to almost make some sense in episode six, but here it just blew everything apart. I'm just going to post a few of my thoughts on the episode...

1) Did anybody notice that the giant statue looked like a person with breasts and a giant tentacle sticking out of its crotch, or was it just me? No, seriously. I mean it.

5) Why is Koto called "Miko Reiya", but when they transform they say "Reiya Change"? Are they all called Miko Reiya?

6) Where was Koto going to in the first episode, anyway? A Cosprayin-- er, I mean CosPLAYING convention of some sort?

9) Why doesn't the Black Miko Reiya have arms?
1) yeah... it's some symbolism. go ahead and beat your head over that one...

5) all the girls have a unique 'reiya' name. Scarlet is called Sister reiya. Priscilla's reiya name has something to do with india, Remi and Iko's reiya names come from their respective 'locations. I think Iko is from some south american location and Remi is from the middle east. Miko Reiya is just yelled alot cause she's the one blindly running around causing havoc to boneyjellyfish's mind.

6) She was at a class field trip, but she decided to go outside cosplaying since the shrine they were at was one of the locations of her favorite game, Dorifai3 (dream figher 3)

9) if you look carefully in previous eps(yeah I KNOW you want to ) she's been wearing a stright jacket this whole time for some reason. more of that BDSM fetish stuff I guess.

That make things clearer? *snicker
Old 2004-02-28, 04:46   Link #87
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
For those of you confused by the crazy puppet, you should watch the ending sequence again. The miko that was being tortured sleeps with that stuffed uh... person.
I think that Aztec/American Indian girl always brings that stuffed... um... thing with her, like the Indian girl with that dog... which... um... I want to eat...
Old 2004-02-28, 10:09   Link #88
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceleader
6) She was at a class field trip, but she decided to go outside cosplaying since the shrine they were at was one of the locations of her favorite game, Dorifai3 (dream figher 3)

9) if you look carefully in previous eps(yeah I KNOW you want to ) she's been wearing a stright jacket this whole time for some reason. more of that BDSM fetish stuff I guess.
6) Wow! What a coincidence that she just happened to bring her Cospraying... sorry, CosPLAYING outfit with her.

9) Yeah, that's what I was wondering about. Why has she been wearing the straight jacket? I suppose your answer was good enough, though... it just proves to me that the anime was made for men who like bondage.
Old 2004-02-28, 14:32   Link #89
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I'm guessing this series doesn't get any better. Oh well.
Old 2004-02-28, 14:38   Link #90
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
What ever gave you that idea? I'm going to give MOE another chance after Cosprayers ends and Smash Hit! starts, but if that ends up being as bad, I'll be pissed ~_~
Old 2004-02-28, 14:45   Link #91
dreamless

Wow! this surely is a series with many twists, I mean, about that Takitsuhime, she's good, she's bad, she's good, she's bad... oh well, the moral of the story?
Spoiler:

what a series! XD

PS: about the "Takama no Hara", shouldn't it be "Takamagahara", which means "the plain of high heaven"?

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-02-28 at 14:57.
Old 2004-02-28, 14:56   Link #92
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Wow! this surely is a series with many twists, I mean, about that Takitsuhime, she's good, she's bad, she's good, she's bad... oh well, the moral of the story?
Spoiler:

what a series! XD
Impossible someone whos actually enjoying this series. Or are you just being sarcastic.
Old 2004-02-28, 15:02   Link #93
dreamless

Quote:
Impossible someone whos actually enjoying this series. Or are you just being sarcastic.
Yea, I was just being sarcastic... but then maybe you could say I sorta "enjoys" this series... after all I have watched 7 episodes of it, and intend to watch the 8th and final episode anyway
Old 2004-02-28, 16:26   Link #94
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
PS: about the "Takama no Hara", shouldn't it be "Takamagahara", which means "the plain of high heaven"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosmore
Whelp, episode 7 is out. Enjoy the 2nd to last episode of this bad series. Before people ask, here's the translator note for the 'Takama no Hara' bloodline.

http://www.the-triad.org/modules.php...rtid=30&page=1
Both are common terms for them, which mean the exact same thing. See the translator note as I mentioned a few posts back.
Old 2004-02-28, 17:47   Link #95
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
You should be watching this series, Keitaro! It has many uses other than lack of entertainment. For instance:

(Location: random bar)

Tough Guy: "I lost this leg of mine fighting a shark with me bare hands. He jus' about tore me apart, but I beat him up, I did!"

Me: "Oh yeah? Well *I* watched Cosprayers!"

Bar: *GASP!*
Old 2004-02-28, 18:34   Link #96
dreamless

Quote:
4) Why did the Black Mikos try to kill our heroes before if the girls were helping them?

8) I've been trying to make some sense out of how Crus was torturing the girls in episode six. I think that he was doing that to show the Black Mikos that he was on their side, but still helping the girls
4) hmm... I think you mean those four dark princes? well for all we know they may just want to propose to those hot cosprayers... in their own way... maybe their traditional method of proposing to a girl involves threatening to kill her first...

5) I think it should actually be Mikorayer instead of "miko reiya", it just means she's the Miko Cosprayer. Miko means shinto priestess/shrine maiden, which is what Koto cosplays... err... cosprays. Scarlet is Sisterayer since she cospl(r)ays a Church Sister...

8) Well, it's just a way of teaching us to have faith, I guess... or something. That to have faith in god, even if he tortures you and appears evil and does all kinds of suspicious things, you should always believe in him no matter what, accept all those tortures and sufferings from him happily... or bad things happen... like the destruction of the world...

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-02-28 at 18:47.
Old 2004-02-28, 19:21   Link #97
Tellu54
Banned

The opening to Cosprayers was confusing as hell. I think I explained it SOMEWHERE... basically Koto put her Miko Fighter Misuzu outfit in her backpack, and was going to do a ritual to "gain courage".
Old 2004-02-28, 20:16   Link #98
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
8) Well, it's just a way of teaching us to have faith, I guess... or something. That to have faith in god, even if he tortures you and appears evil and does all kinds of suspicious things, you should always believe in him no matter what, accept all those tortures and sufferings from him happily... or bad things happen... like the destruction of the world...
I think you missed what I was asking. I was wondering if Crus made it appear that he was torturing the girls in order to get the Black Mikos to leave him alone.
Old 2004-02-28, 21:04   Link #99
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow
pair this one up with Pretty Cure and there you get a combi menu for to enjoy some masochistic mood

Pretty Cure is far better than this dreck.

And it's animation budget for one episode is higher than that for the whole CosPrayer series.
Old 2004-02-28, 22:37   Link #100
dreamless

Quote:
I think you missed what I was asking. I was wondering if Crus made it appear that he was torturing the girls in order to get the Black Mikos to leave him alone.
I think not, since he said in ep 7 that they (Crus and Himiko) had intentionally put the cosprayers through trials, so I guess that's just a part of the trials as he stated. It's just a test of strength and faith IMO. Besides the idea of torturing his comrades to trick the enemy is simply too... rational for such a nonsensical series

a side note, the "miko" in the black mikos has quite a different meaning from the "miko" of Koto's miko reiya. Koto's "miko" means shrine maiden, black miko's "miko" means imperial prince.
Closed Thread