AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-09-21, 00:40   Link #1
dangerousbob
Awesome Fancy Pants

Cool Strongest Anime Character? Coolest?

Both physically and or mentally.

And who is the Coolest!
Old 2012-09-21, 01:17   Link #2
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Physically it probably goes to Goku (DBZ). Otherwise any kind of reality bender or whatever wins on technicality.

As for the coolest? Okabe Rintaro (Steins;Gate) obviously. He even says so himself...
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 06:52   Link #3
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Um, I wouldn't be so quick.

Choujin Locke (Psychic Locke, Locke the Superman) is arguably more powerful hero.
He has all the psychic abilities, immortal, can create force fields so powerful he can safely guide an entire planet through a burning star without harming the planet.... Dude is practically a god.

It would be one of those hard to tell comparison, as there won't be much of a galaxy left after the clash.
Old 2012-09-22, 09:29   Link #4
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
As for strongest, we can probably pick out several god-like characters. But if we want to strike the god-like characters and go for someone still human, my pick would be (and for coolest as well), Nanoha.

Mostly coolest, because she keeps her head in any situation and doesn't whine. She knows what needs to be done, and has the strength of heart to do it, regardless of what else is going on.

Edit: And I must note her career statistic of 18 wins against 4 losses remains a "lifetime achievement" record in the history of saimoe, and she is one of the few, if only, female characters to win in the SaiGAR tournament (which is a manliest tournament).
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:47   Link #5
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
Physically it probably goes to Goku (DBZ). Otherwise any kind of reality bender or whatever wins on technicality.

As for the coolest? Okabe Rintaro (Steins;Gate) obviously. He even says so himself...
Some characters from Saint Seiya are in a much higher league than goku, seeing that they are near galaxy busting levels.

Meh, if i had to go by only using anime and not include VN's then i would say the anti-spirals from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, because the TTGL itself is technically not a character.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 11:06   Link #6
james0246

I decided to take a different route. .

DoraMed III from Doraemons. Can control his size at will, has various magical powers (over seemingly anything and everything), has a 4th dimensional magic lamp (which all Doraemons have a form of) and can predict the future.

Lynn Minmei from Macross. She can end interstellar wars with just her voice. She is so powerful that she even made her seiyuu a star .

The Great Will of the Macrocosm from Excel Saga. Great Will had the power to rewrite reality on a weekly basis...and often had to due to the hijinks of ACROSS.

Mokona from Magic Knight Rayearth. A God and creator of the universe.

Luckyman from Tottemo! Luckyman!. Everything about Luckyman is counter intuitive to this discussion. Ridiculously weak, slow as a snail, and stupid as sin. But, Luckyman has the greatest power of all: Luck. He always rolled a critical hit or had something happen that would defeat any foe. Trully one of the most powerful characters in existence.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-09-22 at 11:17.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 11:25   Link #7
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

OH come on.

Luckyman is a cheat!

Yeah, dude's literally a walking representation of Deus Ex Machina, nothing can touch him... but he's a GAG MANGA CHARACTER! A freakin Bugs Bunny.
Or rather, Squirell Girl and Bugs had sex and had a baby, it'd be him.
Old 2012-09-22, 15:26   Link #8
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for DBZ Cooler:

Strongest and Coolest of his kind
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 16:47   Link #9
Xacual

Demonbane, it's almost a requirement that it gets mentioned in threads like this.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 16:56   Link #10
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Demonbane, it's almost a requirement that it gets mentioned in threads like this.
I might have mentioned that if it weren't for the fact that it's not that strong in the anime version as in the VN.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 20:03   Link #11
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Kami tenchi from tenchi muyo or TTGL from gurenn lagann.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 11:29   Link #12
halibonga

reality-based powers are superior to raw power, so my vote would go to either Suzumiya Haruhi or Lain from Serial experiment Lain.
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 12:51   Link #13
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

"Coolest"?
Okabe Rintaro! El Psy Cangoroo!

However there is no "strongest" character, because the physically strongest can always be countered by certain special abilities. For example Goku could win against most other anime characters, but guess what.... if he does it right, Yagami Light could kill Goku, because Goku likes to talk before a fight begins... and others could easily kill Light, before he could even blink. Sometimes it depends on powers/abilities and sometimes it depends on the personalities.
Old 2012-09-26, 12:59   Link #14
Eragon
Still Alive

Kenpachi Zaraki(Bleach) - This guy is a monster that puts a smile on your face.

Gilgamesh(Fate Zero) - King of Heroes, arrogant, has claim to every treasure in the world and a sadistic jerk - what more do you want?
Old 2012-09-26, 13:40   Link #15
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post

Gilgamesh(Fate Zero) - King of Heroes, arrogant, has claim to every treasure in the world and a sadistic jerk - what more do you want?
And has a sword that can split heaven and earth and cut the world (and return the world to nothing, that's why he doesn't use Ea 100% power outside of any Reality Marble/Marble Phantasm).
Old 2012-09-26, 17:52   Link #16
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

For guys, i'd say Sebastian Michaelis. He is so handsome but deadly. He is strong and collection but when he see a kitten, he just melts.
For girls, I'd say Inner Moka from Rosario + Vampire. She's so cool, strong and makes sure people knows their place. She may be scary but she cares and protects others in any kind of danger.
Old 2012-09-26, 18:42   Link #17
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
The first question is just a power level argument without any relative context. I mean if you take a few figures from Nisio's work and you see why it is pointless to even discuss over. Power level is demonstrated as something within the context between characters and settings and not between completely different series. I think Zaregoto demonstrates this meta attribute of the concept quite well.

Coolest? Hei from Darker than Black maybe. So far he has Yin, Bai, and Amber. Lolis in three different colors. I am immensely jealous. Then he gets Shion. Now I am mad.
Old 2012-09-26, 21:57   Link #18
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Strongest

Tetsuo from Akira. Created a new world using the "bigbang" with his powers.

Coolest

Onizuka and Kenshiro combined

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
anime, coolest, strongest anime character