AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-03-04, 01:37   Link #5801
Justin_Brett

I didn't mean slaughter exactly. Just that the phrase doesn't lend itself well to peaceful negotiation. If nothing else you'd think she'd avoid ambiguous wording with Touma standing right there.

Also this is off-topic, but shouldn't he be grateful to Arnage's help in that situation rather than Cypha's?

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2012-03-04 at 02:27.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 05:36   Link #5802
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yup, while Signum was indeed a cold blooded killer, she was never a bitchy character like Cypha. Even Vita has more logical reasons to be like that than eye-patched psycho.

Vita near-killed Nanoha(and we didn't even know how that would be turned if Fate wasn't appeared, maybe Vita's comrades themselves would stop her from killing Nanoha, remeber that Signum and Shamal entered the scene very shortly after that) because she lost control of herself after seeing the gift of the most important person to her being destroyed by her prey. That don't justify her behavior by any means but still makes much more sense than Cypha's "lol, i'll kill you cuz i'm awesome" behavior xDU

Vita was rude cause she was a traumatized child-like girl holding deeply on the object of her affections. Cypha was a bitch just for the hell of it and also to leave the message of "we rulz, you suck, lol".
I like the logic that Vita wanting to kill someone over a hat is less psycho than Cypha wanting to kill Signum because she's trying to capture her. And trauma isn't really an excuse when both sides have their share of trauma (y'know. Eclipse. Outcast. That sort of thing?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I didn't mean slaughter exactly. Just that the phrase doesn't lend itself well to peaceful negotiation. If nothing else you'd think she'd avoid ambiguous wording with Touma standing right there.?
You do realize you're setting yourself up for disappointment here, right?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 07:56   Link #5803
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Don't bother, Keroko, it's Justin and Aki.

Their minds are already set in stone and they won't change their opinions at all.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 08:25   Link #5804
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

It's hilarious how someone condemns others for never changing their views when it's clear they're equally hard-headed, only on the opposite stance. Pot, kettle, black? Eh, whatever makes you sleep at night, I guess

Anyway, I'll just leave my opinion on the recent development:

And change my stance from "Wait for a miraculously good plot development" to "Never, ever, ever touching Force with a Barge Pole." (Is there any way to ignore just one thread? Hmm, I'm gonna have to look)

Anyway, we will now return to your usual programme (whatever that is). I'll see you in...well, anything but this thread
Old 2012-03-04, 09:10   Link #5805
rxrx

Strange. Signum, knowing the situation at hand would not fight Cypha until they are done with the Grandels as she is a good helper in a way. On the issue of Touma, maybe one should see him in either the Yakuza or the Hong Kong mafia films like of moralilty code.

Despite the intent the Hukes have for helping him, a debt is a debt and he would pay them back. Its more like help them once, then fight them again. Touma knows that Cypha is a criminal and is onkay if he is given the order to capture her, but that doesn't mean that he cannot be happy to see her.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 09:25   Link #5806
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
It's hilarious how someone condemns others for never changing their views when it's clear they're equally hard-headed, only on the opposite stance. Pot, kettle, black? Eh, whatever makes you sleep at night, I guess
Except I have seen Raiser change his mind quite often, when confronted with evidence. It's a rather poor argument to pull out the "well, You don't change your mind either! So I don't have to! Aha!" tactic. And even if Raiser was hard-headed enough to never change his mind, that still doesn't excuse someone else holding onto a viewpoint despite all evidence and arguments.

Really, I wish we could do away with that particular debate tactic. "If you don't accept my particular viewpoint on this argument, that means you're a closed-minded fool who obviously doesn't ever change their mind or accept anyone's arguments, ever."

It's a really silly argument, because one is rarely aware of every debate the other person has been in, and thus has no way of knowing how often one has changed their mind based on good arguments and evidence.

Anyway, back to Force. Any word on when translated chapters will be out?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 11:06   Link #5807
Justin_Brett

Quote:
It's better than just blindly accepting something stupid.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2012-03-04 at 11:18.
Old 2012-03-04, 11:32   Link #5808
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
It's a rather poor argument to pull out the "well, You don't change your mind either! So I don't have to! Aha!" tactic.
It even has a name
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 11:40   Link #5809
Justin_Brett

Wait a second, I just realized something: the TSAB know what the Eclipse Virus does, right, since Shamal was able to make a cure for it? So Signum couldn't have not known about it when she was fighting Cypha.

Maybe they realized attacking someone without cause made her look like kind of a bitch.
Old 2012-03-04, 11:43   Link #5810
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That's why i'm refusing to welcome such toughts yet xDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Don't bother, Keroko, it's Justin and Aki.

Their minds are already set in stone and they won't change their opinions at all.
I like you too Nanya xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Strange. Signum, knowing the situation at hand would not fight Cypha until they are done with the Grandels as she is a good helper in a way. On the issue of Touma, maybe one should see him in either the Yakuza or the Hong Kong mafia films like of moralilty code.
Let's see how Tsuzuki handles this but yeah, it's not like an alliance but letting Cypha deal with the grendel and have both enemies tire each other seems like a very good idea. Unfortunately this situation has already happened a couple of times in the franchise before and neither character has ever taken advantage of this, so it's very unlikely for that to happen xDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Despite the intent the Hukes have for helping him, a debt is a debt and he would pay them back. Its more like help them once, then fight them again. Touma knows that Cypha is a criminal and is onkay if he is given the order to capture her, but that doesn't mean that he cannot be happy to see her.
That's what makes Hayate and Isis so worried for Tohma, he's certainly attached to the Huckebein which could be dangerous for him and everyone else, we don't know Signum's two cents on the matter yet and i suposse we only get to know once she and Cypha meet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Except I have seen Raiser change his mind quite often, when confronted with evidence. It's a rather poor argument to pull out the "well, You don't change your mind either! So I don't have to! Aha!" tactic. And even if Raiser was hard-headed enough to never change his mind, that still doesn't excuse someone else holding onto a viewpoint despite all evidence and arguments.
Problem is, Force haven't showed me yet any solid evidence that managed to change or even challenge my viewpoint xDU I'm still waiting.

EDIT: Well, on second tought, Force do have changed my toughts a bit. Now i don't thing that Signum "sucks" per se since she has demonstrated to still retain some sort of fight capability, she's good ...just not awesome as she used to be.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 12:08   Link #5811
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Except I have seen Raiser change his mind quite often, when confronted with evidence. It's a rather poor argument to pull out the "well, You don't change your mind either! So I don't have to! Aha!" tactic. And even if Raiser was hard-headed enough to never change his mind, that still doesn't excuse someone
Wait, why am I being brought into this conversation?

It's fine having opposing opinions and stuff, but you don't have to keep reminding everyone about it insistantly.
Old 2012-03-04, 13:11   Link #5812
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
It's better than just blindly accepting something stupid.
"Accepting that something will happen" does not mean liking what is going to happen. I'm not happy that what at first looked like it was going to be a twist on the series (clearly evil enemies that don't hesitate to kill) turned out to be a minor twist, but I'm not fooling myself here.
Old 2012-03-04, 13:32   Link #5813
LostSome

- Erio and Caro consider the Raptors their new comrades and are determined to protect them.

Now they are friends with combat androids ?!
Those kids really need to get a life... Going to school, make friends, have sex...
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 13:47   Link #5814
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ More drama potential if the Raptors get turned on them xD!

Being controlled by a single hive mind can backfire with disastrous results xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-04, 13:51   Link #5815
Justin_Brett

That's gonna be awfully traumatic for them when they start fulfilling their main purpose of getting destroyed by the dozens so humans won't have to.

I'll call it right now: two of those guys in the Raptor trio are gonna die. Having three characters with the same weapons and appearance around would just be silly.
Old 2012-03-04, 14:01   Link #5816
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, given that these kids have had various artificial intelligences in a variety of forms around them since they were... well... kids, it's not that surprising that they feel empathy for droids.
Old 2012-03-04, 14:11   Link #5817
LostSome

So long that they don`t see them as people.
Liking them and feeling empathy is fine, but they are robots with a hive mind...
Nothing worth dying for, but I don`t think it`s like that.
I was just having fun with how Aki put it.

Quote:
That's gonna be awfully traumatic for them when they start fulfilling their main purpose of getting destroyed by the dozens so humans won't have to.
Definitely.
Old 2012-03-04, 14:18   Link #5818
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
So long that they don`t see them as people.
Liking them and feeling empathy is fine, but they are robots with a hive mind...
Nothing worth dying for, but I don`t think it`s like that.
I was just having fun with how Aki put it.
Erio: Raptors finally are our partners, we won't let them be stolen.

Caro: yes, we're gonna protect them

Half-baked translation of their actual dialogue xD

So yeah, they seem to get kind of attached to the humanoid drones xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-04, 14:29   Link #5819
LostSome

One think, Aki...
Hades is worried about legal disputes over the Eclipse ?
So he`s not the only money-crazed one ?
Old 2012-03-04, 14:36   Link #5820
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
One think, Aki...
Hades is worried about legal disputes over the Eclipse ?
So he`s not the only money-crazed one ?
The way i understood he isn't "worried" if anything he's implying he's willing to do what's necessary to take his plan into success. He sumuggly comments that stuff like bloodshed and legal disputes aren't uncommon for this sort of issues. and right now he's undergong a legal investigation from the TSAB.

But yeah, probably there's more money people involved. We don't know Caledfwlch Techniques true intentions yet and there's also the miesterious "date" Mr. Vandin will have with "that girl". My crazy theory is that he and Curren share a background but probably she's not Hardis's misterious date xD.

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force