AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-24, 08:28   Link #2001
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@Hat and Clogs - I want those soundtracks. Where can one get hold of them?

@krisslanza - Definitely Wrath has made better looking armor sets. Frostfire is the first Mage set that doesn't feel clumsy or silly. It's got the 'cool' factor but it's true to the class. The shoulders - from the moment I got them, I just feel so much better about what my Mage is wearing. They are very nice.

A very weird day. Logged in just to check a few things and pick up an extra Oracle Egg before my game card expired. Another Cobra Hatchling - AHing it in the hope some gold farmer splashes on it. Then as I'm ready to go, a decent group need a good dps to finish a fast moving Naxx 10. Aside from some weird latency issues on Heigan (if I'm right on top of the main tank in Phase 2 at all times yet I take splashes and he doesn't, something isn't right) and a 44k wipe on Kel due to both healers and the off-tank getting targetted at the worst possible moment, it went well. By some miracle, the one item I wanted from Naxx 10 dropped - The Soulblade. Rolled 80, warlock rolled 98. Then the group starts arguing about how all the other casters got a lot of loot yet I got none. So the lock as for another roll as he feels I had a right to it. I rolled 95. He let me have it and refused any offer of compensation. I was so stoked, I have been seeing a weapon upgrade so badly. The guy had a weapon from Patchwerk, he could've taken it as an upgrade as well, but he seemed to think my need was greater. It's nice to know there are some players with morals out there. Ironically, we were equal top DPS and damage for the whole run.

From 1762 spell power to 1868 - what a timely boost. That was the last time I was going to be able to play until at least January 8. *praises every positive force in the universe* Equal 2nd best Mage weapon going around - very pleased. Didn't get a chance to see what that boost in spell power would do to DPS but I'd wager it would be good. Santa decided to gift me something on Christmas Eve. I'm still smiling six hours later.

Have a good holidays season all. Hope Santa has something good for you.
Old 2008-12-24, 09:28   Link #2002
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Mmm I could probably upload them somewhere for you (probs on Failfront), but you might be able to find a torrent for them if you look for a WOTLK:CE Soundtrack disc. Otherwise you need a CE for Wrath since it came with that.

Merry christmas guys, gawd damn seeing old friends from school... I'm gona have a headache tomorrow, many bourbons and coke.

1:30am and already had a plate of pork and turkey and so on, who ever cooked all that was keen.

NN!
Old 2008-12-24, 09:30   Link #2003
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I wasn't saying Wrath had bad armor sets
They made good ones but they could've just not reused the same one for almost your entire Northrend experience. That's what bugs me, I know about the whole 'recolor' thing but they could've used maybe 3 or 4 different sets to at least spicen it up a bit...
Old 2008-12-24, 12:03   Link #2004
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
It's not too bad but it is annoying that Blizzard got too lazy and pretty much uses the same armor designs from 68-80.
lazy? ha! Their so lazy they only fuckin gave everyone diffrent hair styles from other races, they only made like 1 new one for each race. Talk about lazy, I WANT MY CLOUD HAIR!
Old 2008-12-24, 12:52   Link #2005
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Can we please not turn this into a let's-bash-Blizzard fest? We get enough of that on the official forums.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 11:40   Link #2006
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Funnily enough, Blizzard just asked for less stupidity on their forums. ^^

Does anyone know what RNG means? I saw it used it 2 blue posts and I've never heard of it before. It was used in reference to Fury Warriors and Frostfire Mages being the most at risk DPS for pulling aggro from a main tank in a raid encounter.
Old 2008-12-25, 11:50   Link #2007
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Funnily enough, Blizzard just asked for less stupidity on their forums. ^^

Does anyone know what RNG means? I saw it used it 2 blue posts and I've never heard of it before. It was used in reference to Fury Warriors and Frostfire Mages being the most at risk DPS for pulling aggro from a main tank in a raid encounter.
RNG usually means Random Number Generator.
Usually. Though in this case uhm... Hmmm. Really Not Good?
Old 2008-12-25, 11:59   Link #2008
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

RNG: Random Number Generator. In the case of Fury Warriors and Frostfire Mages, it is most likely referring to a high string of crits, which will lead to the DPS in question generating much more aggro then normal. Since crits can't be planned, there really is little the DPS can do about it.

On lazy blizzard: While I agree that the swapping hairstyles of other races may have been a tad on the lazy side, I disagree on the sets being lazy. In the Burning Crusade, everyone was complaining about the clown-sets, the vastly different looking gear that made characters look like a clown. Blizzard decided to listen to their players requests, and made gear more stream-lined througout the quest rewards, ensuring that items looked like a set.

Of course, this has the downside of quest rewards being less satisfying, but I imagine Blizzard employees reading the forums and going "Well, what DO you people want then!?"
Old 2008-12-25, 12:41   Link #2009
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
RNG: Random Number Generator. In the case of Fury Warriors and Frostfire Mages, it is most likely referring to a high string of crits, which will lead to the DPS in question generating much more aggro then normal. Since crits can't be planned, there really is little the DPS can do about it.

On lazy blizzard: While I agree that the swapping hairstyles of other races may have been a tad on the lazy side, I disagree on the sets being lazy. In the Burning Crusade, everyone was complaining about the clown-sets, the vastly different looking gear that made characters look like a clown. Blizzard decided to listen to their players requests, and made gear more stream-lined througout the quest rewards, ensuring that items looked like a set.

Of course, this has the downside of quest rewards being less satisfying, but I imagine Blizzard employees reading the forums and going "Well, what DO you people want then!?"
We want everything clearly
Old 2008-12-25, 18:36   Link #2010
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Clear armor sets...for the Emerald Dream expansion.
Old 2008-12-25, 18:41   Link #2011
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What do you mean by 'clear sets?'
Old 2008-12-25, 18:42   Link #2012
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Clear...as in transparent

Quote:
"We want everything clearly "
Old 2008-12-25, 19:01   Link #2013
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

More babes in Bikinis then?

I am so glad I'm not playing horde.

In other news, leveling a pally with a druid buddy is much fun. When killing single mobs, I heal faster then they can damage me, causing mys sister to go kitty out of boredom, and with mass-pull-AoE kills my sisters heals me up while I butcher everything.

All that, and more XP per kill too. It's just too bad that when killing, you only get 50% more XP then you would killing the mob solo. The triple XP is mostly compensating for the loss of XP you get when in a two-man group. But then, you kill faster with two, so it still goes faster. And when handing in quests, nothing feels better then to see the 10K flowing in :3

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-12-25 at 19:18.
Old 2008-12-25, 21:49   Link #2014
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
More babes in Bikinis then?

I am so glad I'm not playing horde.

In other news, leveling a pally with a druid buddy is much fun. When killing single mobs, I heal faster then they can damage me, causing mys sister to go kitty out of boredom, and with mass-pull-AoE kills my sisters heals me up while I butcher everything.

All that, and more XP per kill too. It's just too bad that when killing, you only get 50% more XP then you would killing the mob solo. The triple XP is mostly compensating for the loss of XP you get when in a two-man group. But then, you kill faster with two, so it still goes faster. And when handing in quests, nothing feels better then to see the 10K flowing in :3
Well at least the Blood Elves wouldn't look bad but the Orcs, Taurens, Undead... Trolls...
I think I just threw up a little.
Old 2008-12-25, 22:53   Link #2015
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I don't think I want to see my death knight in a bikini, it's bad enough with the santa suit LOL. With her skin tone she just doesn't have the legs for it... Ashen gray and bruises, hawt?

Wish I had a little sister (or brother) I could rope into wow heh. Good times IMO.
Old 2008-12-26, 01:42   Link #2016
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I don't think I want to see my death knight in a bikini, it's bad enough with the santa suit LOL. With her skin tone she just doesn't have the legs for it... Ashen gray and bruises, hawt?

Wish I had a little sister (or brother) I could rope into wow heh. Good times IMO.
Well in a very... Unique way perhaps...
I mean... Better then Undead at least...?
Old 2008-12-26, 03:03   Link #2017
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

As if you need that in-game. The Snowblind panels and the Human Female + Night Elf Female + Draenei Female threesome were more than enough.
Old 2008-12-26, 10:21   Link #2018
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
As if you need that in-game. The Snowblind panels and the Human Female + Night Elf Female + Draenei Female threesome were more than enough.
The what?
Explain nao.
Old 2008-12-26, 11:26   Link #2019
Ending

Quote:
Blizzard decided to listen to their players requests, and made gear more stream-lined througout the quest rewards, ensuring that items looked like a set.

I preferred the old way, since having a set make you stand out from the rest and said "Look, this player has some phat lewt!" It would be okay, since tiers are still different, but wait... No they aren't: several NPCs are carrying some of the best gear in the game!

And damn that irks me. It takes away the value from the gear when some lv.75 trash-mob is carrying the same items as you. RP-wise that would mean that the NPC has been there, seen that, and done better than you. A lv.75 trash-mob that does nothing but walk around in a city or rez players in a graveyard.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 12:00   Link #2020
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Well at least the Blood Elves wouldn't look bad but the Orcs, Taurens, Undead... Trolls...
I think I just threw up a little.
lol, and BE females are any better? I feel like I would cause a fire if i had sex with one of them....

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows