AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index III - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 2 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 7.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-11-22, 23:01   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index III - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index III, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 08:47   Link #2
Jord
Banned

And another good episode, the pacing was decent and the animation wasn't that bad to be honest if we look at the fights. We got Amakusa vs Acqua and then kanzaki vs Acqua which is the best part here since Kazaki was super badass, I'm surprised how much can take Itsuwa, loved watching her getting pissed. Finally Fiamma is coming!
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 12:01   Link #3
WiliamZ0

Last Episode pacing is really REALLY good compared to the previous ones, this episode had good-enough pacing but I really want to see more expression from Itsuwa at beginning of the episode where she's basically blaming herself for what happened to Touma. The LN really sell it out for me and anime kinda ruined this part. It didn't mean it's not good episode.

It's good enough to get 8/10 from me anyway
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 12:10   Link #4
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

The animation was so stiff and lacked so much impact. The entire Amakusa vs Acqua portion felt so meh and the Acqua vs Kanzaki start lacked the calamitous sort of atmosphere it had in the novels. Moreover, the Acqua Interlude segments were cut out. His characterization's been forever tarnished.

Oh, and the whole scene with Itsuwa roaring at Acqua was just so toned down it hurts.

On another note, Best girl~
Old 2018-11-24, 01:58   Link #5
LevelSeven

Better than the previous episode. Its at least a action heavy episode.
Aquas constant mentioning of being a Saint and a member of GRS started to get annoying as hell. The special effects aside from the saint-destroyer and kanzakis moments looked really meh as well. It was kind of hard to feel any interest if the impact feels like its animated, they put in all this big heavy hitting sounds whenever acua moves his sword but it just looks like a toy, exspecially at that moment where aqua was about to hit the girl and one old guy with a katana stops it mid-way until another person takes her away.
Not the best but not the worst either, however i have seen better animation in weekly animes.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 03:18   Link #6
rladls2121

I think Acqua can beat Accelerator.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 16:34   Link #7
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
It would be a roflstomp, Acqua is literally a double saint and is a combat expert.
Old 2018-11-24, 23:27   Link #8
alex_drian

Quote:
Yeah, he can.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 03:02   Link #9
The One Above God
Kamijou

Pretty disappointing. The fights lacked impact and intensity, and the choreography is shit. The fights in this ep were supposed to look like what would happen if a fight between a Servant and a group of competent mages were to occur. Saints are just that ridiculous and yet both in this season and the first one, they failed to get that across. I'm not really expecting much for the Kanzaki vs Aqua fight next week but I'm still hoping that they deliver.

They also failed to show just how fucked up Touma's current state is supposed to be. The guy got thrown off a freaking bridge and bounced off the water thrice! Jesus, he's walking like he just stubbed his toe or something.

God, it couldn't be that JC pulled all their resources for OPM2 and ended up giving this one scraps instead?

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 10:11   Link #10
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
Pretty disappointing. The fights lacked impact and intensity, and the choreography is shit. The fights in this ep were supposed to look like what would happen if a fight between a Servant and a group of competent mages were to occur. Saints are just that ridiculous and yet both in this season and the first one, they failed to get that across. I'm not really expecting much for the Kanzaki vs Aqua fight next week but I'm still hoping that they deliver.

They also failed to show just how fucked up Touma's current state is supposed to be. The guy got thrown off a freaking bridge and bounced off the water thrice! Jesus, he's walking like he just stubbed his toe or something.

God, it couldn't be that JC pulled all their resources for OPM2 and ended up giving this one scraps instead?
Well, in the episode discussion over at MyAnimelist someone mentioned some animators complaining about how little time they have to make each episode. Apparently the Kanzaki vs Aqua scenes form this episode didn't even have the basic line drawing done when episode 7 aired.

It wouldn't surprise me if this a complete mess production wise.
Old 2018-11-25, 10:32   Link #11
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Apparently the Kanzaki vs Aqua scenes form this episode didn't even have the basic line drawing done when episode 7 aired.
Well that explains a lot.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 10:47   Link #12
LevelSeven

Quote:
Unless he does some curse-based spell, i dont see him winning, probably gets his weapon reflected and his body ripped apart with a single touch.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 21:51   Link #13
Wandering Soul

Going to have to echo the opinion that the main problem with this episode is that everything just lacks any impact. Aqua vs the Amakusa, Aqua vs Kanzaki, Touma's injuries and Itsuwa's bloodlust just feel so lacking here and toned down

Quote:
Well, in the episode discussion over at MyAnimelist someone mentioned some animators complaining about how little time they have to make each episode. Apparently the Kanzaki vs Aqua scenes form this episode didn't even have the basic line drawing done when episode 7 aired.

I wouldn't be surprised either.
Old 2018-11-27, 02:15   Link #14
HandofFate

nice to see Kanzaki appear, feels like its been ages since we seen her
Old 2018-11-27, 17:03   Link #15
rladls2121

I love how Touma's former enemies in this series get along with each other so well.
I did not realize at first, but Orsola surely can trust the people of Amakusa now contrast to how she fled from them in the beginning if season 2.

I like Touma's side of the story better because Accelerator and his science side stories are too depressing.
We dont see a group like Amakusa that are as in greatest allies of the main character in Accelerator and Hamazura side of the story.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2018-11-27 at 17:15.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 20:50   Link #16
Side-streetdog

Quote:

They literally have years for those basic preparation
I can understand they have to rush things for time-slot
But prepare for air is something they should able to do, why they have to mess with this too?

Now I start to worry about Railgun 3
Old 2018-11-28, 10:00   Link #17
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

"a girl in love would even go against a God"
Itsuwa... you're so badass...

I'm glad that this show keep answering my wish
when I saw Itsuwa got beaten... my mind screamed "where the hell is our saint, Kanzaki- sama?"
then she comes

after that I just screamed : "Mikoto! you always bail out in ridiculous way... I'll switch to Itsuwa's ship if you don't appe---" then I saw her in the preview
I doubt she will fight though... maybe my wish for Esper vs Magic is still too soon
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 13:48   Link #18
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
after that I just screamed : "Mikoto! you always bail out in ridiculous way... I'll switch to Itsuwa's ship if you don't appe---" then I saw her in the preview
I doubt she will fight though... maybe my wish for Esper vs Magic is still too soon
Don't worry, next episode will be great for her character (if it is handled well).

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2018-11-28 at 19:40.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote