AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-16, 16:10   Link #241
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no umeboshi View Post
Just wondering, how can it take so long to translate a game? Is it the translation itself that takes time, or the coding?
As far as I know, there hasn't even been any confirmation that anyone is even working on translating this game. It's possible that MangaGamer may localize it, but who knows... If no one's even working on it, then it'll definitely take a long time...
Old 2010-10-18, 16:52   Link #242
Yami no umeboshi

Hmm, I'm quite dissapointed. I was already dissapointed that Kareha only had one ero scene, but then I saw that one of the CGs was copied from the last ero pic of Nerine, just changing the face, and clothes. I haven't seen the other ones, but this means I only have 2 more pics to look forward to, unless they're also copied from Nerine :/
Yami no umeboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 08:54   Link #243
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

In ways, Essence+ is a fair bit of a disappointment as I look back on it now. The "extended" original routes were a big letdown with the exception of Kikyou's sub-route on Sia's route and possibly the extra epilogue bit after the credits at the end of Nerine's route. Mayumi, Tsubomi, and Kareha's routes were also pretty lackluster. Tsubomi and Kareha's routes were all fluff and no substance, and while Mayumi's route had some interesting plot points it just wasn't executed very well. Not to mention they gave her a fashion sense that makes it look like she gets dressed blindfolded in the dark. And let's not get started on Nadeshiko's route. Biggest trainwreck ever.

The only really compelling reasons to play Essence+ are for Sakura's route and Daisy's route, which really do stand out as the best in the game and are far better than any of the original routes as well. Daisy's route even begins to touch on some of the sorely underused potential the game's setting provides. Of course, to access Sakura's route you have to at least finish Kaede's and you can't access Daisy's until you've done all the other routes in the game.

One can only hope after Princess Princess that Navel thinks long and hard about what, if anything else, they want to do with the Shuffle franchise. If they're still going to do more follow-up games I'd personally prefer to see ones done for Daisy and/or Asa, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking. Their other new series, Ore Tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai, seems to be more currently popular so perhaps that's where their creative forces will focus instead.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 09:39   Link #244
kusanagiryu
Kaede-chan~

Alright it's here. The next game in the SHUFFLE! franchise is gonna be...
http://www.project-navel.com/shuffle_lr/
SHUFFLE! Love Rainbow. (GOD THIS HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE DUMBEST NAMES I'VE EVER SEEN!)

Apparently Princess Princess has been retconned into a mere fandisc. This game will include:
1) That Kikyou and Sia visiting the world of Gods with Rin route.
2) Ruri=Matsuri's route!
3) Some other extra stuff with the other girls. (Probably to make up for their crappy rehash of all the other girl's arcs.)

Well, can't say I'm surprised. But this does warrant some hype if not only for Ruri's route. DJ you reading this?
kusanagiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 16:22   Link #245
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I actually found out about Love Rainbow (yes that is a God awful title) last week while poking around Navel's website for anything about Princess Princess. Kind of unfortunate it got canned as a full-on project, but not surprising either. Sia & Kikyou aren't exactly the most popular characters of the franchise. Still, I wager a full game focused on them would have at least been better than Tick Tack. Though that's not saying much since Tick Tack was a terrible game anyway.

Curious as I am for what other content the fandisc will contain (can I hope for some more content with Daisy?), I fully admit that I'm on board for this one for Ruri's route alone. Of course this will likely turn the fic I wrote that I intended to be a route of sorts for her into non-canon material, but I'm cool with that.

Looks like the release date in Japan will be 4/28. I'm not sure if we'll get any sneak peeks at the content since this is just a fandisc, but I'll keep an eye on the site anyway just in case.
Old 2011-02-27, 00:11   Link #246
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
I actually found out about Love Rainbow (yes that is a God awful title) last week while poking around Navel's website for anything about Princess Princess. Kind of unfortunate it got canned as a full-on project, but not surprising either. Sia & Kikyou aren't exactly the most popular characters of the franchise. Still, I wager a full game focused on them would have at least been better than Tick Tack. Though that's not saying much since Tick Tack was a terrible game anyway.

Curious as I am for what other content the fandisc will contain (can I hope for some more content with Daisy?), I fully admit that I'm on board for this one for Ruri's route alone. Of course this will likely turn the fic I wrote that I intended to be a route of sorts for her into non-canon material, but I'm cool with that.

Looks like the release date in Japan will be 4/28. I'm not sure if we'll get any sneak peeks at the content since this is just a fandisc, but I'll keep an eye on the site anyway just in case.
There's the main Sia/Kikyou route where it seems they visit the Kingdom of the Gods (not sure if it's gonna be like the OVA that came with SHUFFLE! Memories or not), A Kaede Route from after the events of Really? Really!, a Primula route from what looks like after her route in the original SHUFFLE!, and finally a Ruri Matsuri route \(^o^)/ (and there was much rejoicing). That's all I know. From the Getchu Page:

Spoiler for Japanese Text:

Sia and Kikyou (top) Kaede (bottom)

Ruri Matsuri:

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 09:01   Link #247
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Ruri Matsuri:
HNNNNNNNNG-

*dies a happy man*

I wish they would do more with Daisy, hers was easily one of the best routes from Essence+ and she made for a fun tsundere addition to the cast as well. But I'm getting my Tomoyo Ruri route, so I am completely content with that.
Old 2011-02-28, 12:52   Link #248
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Yes, it is delicious Reverse Trap, desu~
You must hit it, desu~

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2011-03-01, 11:53   Link #249
kusanagiryu
Kaede-chan~

Yeah I read that on Getchu too. Looks like none of Suzuhira's girls made the cut, though that's understandable, what with her not working there anymore.

Quote:
【楓 エピソード】 (※『Really? Really!』 楓の記憶を取り戻した後)
And the Kaede fandom rejoiced!

Primula's after story and Ruri's own route is of course icing on the cake.

Speaking of Daisy's route, I'm also kinda disappointed that Sakura didn't get an after story arc as well. Hers is probably my favorite arc in Essence+. (Though in retrospect, Sakura and Daisy's routes were abut the ONLY things Navel did right with Essence+)
kusanagiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 15:05   Link #250
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagiryu View Post
Speaking of Daisy's route, I'm also kinda disappointed that Sakura didn't get an after story arc as well. Hers is probably my favorite arc in Essence+. (Though in retrospect, Sakura and Daisy's routes were abut the ONLY things Navel did right with Essence+)
Well to be honest, what more story is there to tell regarding Sakura's route given its ending in Essence+? I mean, Rin & Sakura end up married and have a child after all. That's pretty conclusive to that story IMO. I suppose you could cook up a contrivance of some kind to justify there being an after story game since that's really the basis for both Tick Tack and Really Really, but if Sia & Kikyou couldn't get their own game I doubt Sakura could either.

And yeah, though I said it once before it bears repeating: Sakura's and Daisy's routes are basically the reason to play Essence+. To a lesser extent I would also add Kikyou's sub-route and the extra epilogue to Nerine's route after the credits as worthwhile additions, but that's about it. The rest of the content varies from being nothing new to being wholly lacking, and in one case is so terrible it doesn't even deserve to be part of the game.

At this point, I can't help but wonder if this will be the last content we ever see produced for Shuffle. Navel clearly has other works that are faring far better right now, and Essence+ doesn't seem to have re-sparked any much interest in it. It'd be unfortunate because I do think there is a ton of story potential with the world setting of the franchise, but all good things do come to an end sooner or later and with some people who were formerly involved with the game now no longer with the company it would be hard to do much more with it without writing almost half the cast out.
Old 2011-03-01, 15:37   Link #251
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
It'd be unfortunate because I do think there is a ton of story potential with the world setting of the franchise, but all good things do come to an end sooner or later and with some people who were formerly involved with the game now no longer with the company it would be hard to do much more with it without writing almost half the cast out.
Yeah, it seems that Suzuhira Hiro is back working again, but doesn't seem to have any interest coming back to Navel.... Sure, Nishimata could probably do it, but I think you're right in that they've probably taken this about as far as they can. That said, I can't wait for this ^__^

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2011-03-15, 15:37   Link #252
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I poked around Navel's website and so far there doesn't seem to be any announcement of delay with their works due to the disasters, so 4/28 seems to still be on for Love Rainbow. That obviously could still change, of course.

The disc now also has a full mini-site as well: Shuffle! Love Rainbow site

Not much in the way of content so far, but there is a promotional video that includes a few new graphics. Including a quick shot of Ruri in a black kimono. As if the screenshot Rika provided earlier didn't make me HNNNNNG enough already. @_@;;
Old 2011-03-22, 18:53   Link #253
jaskco

i have resently just finished the first 24 episodes is there a second season?
jaskco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 08:15   Link #254
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

There is Shuffle! Memories, but all that is is a shorter re-hash of the 24-episode series plus one "bonus" episode that's pretty forgettable. There are no current plans for any more anime for Shuffle, and considering that next season another Navel game (Ore Tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai) is getting a series I seriously doubt we'll ever see any more of it animated.
Old 2011-03-23, 11:13   Link #255
jaskco

yeah watched it all, if they had continued the series instead of making the memories they may have had a chance oh well did they ever make a manga?
Old 2011-03-24, 06:07   Link #256
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I never looked into it much, but I know there's at least one manga adaptation of the game. However, it doesn't follow the same story as the anime so you may not like it as much.
Old 2011-03-25, 14:03   Link #257
jaskco

thanks good to know
Old 2011-04-06, 15:57   Link #258
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Looks like we are getting some pre-release material. Voice clips for Sia, Kikyou and Kaede have popped up on the character page for Love Rainbow. I'll be keeping an eye out for more stuff and update as it comes out to let folks know.
Old 2011-04-07, 09:24   Link #259
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Looks like we are getting some pre-release material. Voice clips for Sia, Kikyou and Kaede have popped up on the character page for Love Rainbow. I'll be keeping an eye out for more stuff and update as it comes out to let folks know.
Yeah, it'd be fun if they had a countdown like w/ Ess+ ^__^

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2011-04-11, 13:15   Link #260
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

4/11 Love Rainbow Site Update: First voice samples now available for Primula and Ruri.

4/19 Update: Second voice samples available for Sia, Kikyou, and Kaede. Also, sub-character listing and voices available. Sub-characters include: Nerine, Itsuki, Asa, Kareha, Mayumi, Daisy, and Nadeshiko.

Last edited by DJLowrider; 2011-04-19 at 07:42.