AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-15, 11:09   Link #461
queenSwild

So do you guys think that Cain will actually capture a Valvrave? That's his main mission right? Plus, this is his final shot at getting one so I doubt that he'd want to go home empty handed.

Cain also mentons that he's worried about the resurgence of the king's faction. Do you guys think that the king's faction will become a threat to the fuhrer's faction in the 2nd cour? Maybe, if New Jior gets completely wiped out in the season finale, the survivors will join the king's faction in the 2nd cour?
Old 2013-06-15, 11:33   Link #462
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
So do you guys think that Cain will actually capture a Valvrave? That's his main mission right? Plus, this is his final shot at getting one so I doubt that he'd want to go home empty handed.

Cain also mentons that he's worried about the resurgence of the king's faction. Do you guys think that the king's faction will become a threat to the fuhrer's faction in the 2nd cour? Maybe, if New Jior gets completely wiped out in the season finale, the survivors will join the king's faction in the 2nd cour?
My guess is that L-elf is on the side of the king's faction, but find out that his plans can be carried out more effectively through New Jior. He'll probably convince Haruto and the other survivors to join the faction and overthrow the current fuhrer if New Jior gets wiped out. They'll have plenty of motivation to do so.
Old 2013-06-15, 11:55   Link #463
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Here is a weird idea that came across my mind: The scene in question has a similar reaction to Lelouch's death in Code Geass. Let me explain. He dies and there is a divide as to whether or not he stayed dead or if he was later revived via a code. Most people day he stayed dead, but the people that say otherwise have strong case supporting their side. The similarity here? Saki and Haruto have coitus and based on Saki's struggling at the very beginning one could call it rape (and so far most people do) and there is the side that says it is not rape based on Saki consenting and context as to why she did. Both series have an extreme WHAM moment happen and there is some divide with a minority having some legit case to disagree with the majority (maybe the screenwriter planned this in both). The main difference here? It is not the final episode, so some concerns the audience (us) has might be answered in the next episode. The point I am trying to make is that there is uncertainty here, I am not writing the scene off as "not rape" 100% and I think that people that do consider it rape shouldn't right off the people (like me) that don't see it as such just because there is a different view of context.

This also brings me to another question that I'm surprised nobody considered: Did Saki consider the act as rape on her? I will admit, even I find that unlikely, but it is not impossible. Right now you can't say for certain even with body language in the last shot of the episode or the preview, there is too little to confirm. She'll most likely tell Haruto about what happened, so it is not like the idea is 100% out of the ball park. Maybe she will say what went through her mind.

I suck at critical thinking, don't I? Personally I am going to wait for episode 11 before making up my mind on the events of the second half of 10. Who knows, maybe I brought up something smart.
Old 2013-06-15, 11:59   Link #464
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
out of topic but wasn't the one doing the rape thingy in SD was that jerk and a karma Houdini in the vn version Taisuke or whatever the name was?
and it was done to take advantage of Kotonoha's condition of that time?
yeah it was that friend of Makoto's(least in the anime vers), and yeah, he did it during a time where Kotonoha was in complete despair, I was only pointing out that the anime had a 'rape' scene as well.

Old 2013-06-15, 12:21   Link #465
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Even if we assume that Saki did consent in some messed up way, I'd say Haruto sure as hell didn't you know? There's no way of painting this as anything other than rape.
Old 2013-06-15, 12:26   Link #466
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Try putting yourself in Saki's shoes. Your crush suddenly went out of his mind and suffered for hours on end. Then in his out of control state he sexually assaulted you, pinning you on the ground with no say on whether to accept or decline. He proceeded to rape you with those creepy and deadpan red eyes. You don't even feel like you're making love with your crush moreso with a wild beast. At the same time you accept it as a curse and decided to bear the burden. How is that, in any way, consensual sex?
Old 2013-06-15, 12:29   Link #467
DaEliminator

I have a little theory on Haruto's power..
It is indeed a "holy spirit" and it takes on the "attribute" of its vessel (Haruto). In my impression of Haruto, his attribute would be on the lines on making everyone happy, which the "holy spirit" goes and tries to do by fulfilling the wishes of those around him through its omniscient power. Supporting my theory, every time (that I remember) Haruto gets possessed, he fulfills or attempts to fulfill a desire of the person he attacks.
L-Elf got attacked and now his plan of bringing revolution to Dorssia is coming to fruition
Blonde chick girl (episode 10) started having wavering feelings about him, and it seemed to trigger his transformation.
Saki (episode 10), who clearly wants Haruto to herself, got increasingly jealous and it perhaps correlated with the increase of attempted transformations Haruto spoke of. In the end, she got a form of her wish, since we all know she up and accepted his rape.

Of course this purely speculation, but I think it would be cool to have it go this route. I don't want this incident to tarnish my opinion of Haruto considering how pure he is and it would be great if this power had some higher meaning than some releasing of carnal instincts - which I think Haruto barely had any to begin with. I do enjoy the huge dramatic irony the people of the show put up, and I can't wait to see how the two resolve themselves..

Also, after reading prior posts, I would like to report that, according to Wikipedia, a second season is set to release Oct 2013 (Why not make it a full 25 episode season? I don't know. Maybe there will be some giant-a cliffhanger in episode 12) So that should settle any anxiety about time and proper wrap-ups from the show.
Old 2013-06-15, 12:53   Link #468
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaEliminator View Post
I have a little theory on Haruto's power..
It is indeed a "holy spirit" and it takes on the "attribute" of its vessel (Haruto). In my impression of Haruto, his attribute would be on the lines on making everyone happy, which the "holy spirit" goes and tries to do by fulfilling the wishes of those around him through its omniscient power. Supporting my theory, every time (that I remember) Haruto gets possessed, he fulfills or attempts to fulfill a desire of the person he attacks.
L-Elf got attacked and now his plan of bringing revolution to Dorssia is coming to fruition
Blonde chick girl (episode 10) started having wavering feelings about him, and it seemed to trigger his transformation.
Saki (episode 10), who clearly wants Haruto to herself, got increasingly jealous and it perhaps correlated with the increase of attempted transformations Haruto spoke of. In the end, she got a form of her wish, since we all know she up and accepted his rape.

Of course this purely speculation, but I think it would be cool to have it go this route. I don't want this incident to tarnish my opinion of Haruto considering how pure he is and it would be great if this power had some higher meaning than some releasing of carnal instincts - which I think Haruto barely had any to begin with. I do enjoy the huge dramatic irony the people of the show put up, and I can't wait to see how the two resolve themselves..
Are you saying that Saki wanted to raped by Haruto? Want Sex? Ok. But rape? I don't think so...
Old 2013-06-15, 13:06   Link #469
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
How is that, in any way, consensual sex?
Well....
Quote:
accept it as a curse and decided to bear the burden.
Quote:
Try putting yourself in Saki's shoes.
That is why I'm not on board with the "it was rape" crowd. We do not know what exactly she was thinking at the time, maybe what you said is exactly what went through her mind, but it also might not have. It is possible she didn't see it as sexual assault at first and it is possible that she (partly) thought of it as making love with her crush to some small degree. Nobody can say for certain right now. That is why I'm waiting for the next episode, because as minute as it may seem, there might be some overlooked context we don't have available at the moment. You might not think of it now, but it might shape the characters and the plot for the rest of the series. If she did think she was raped then I will gladly admit I am wrong on this completely. Until then I want to know her side of the story.
Quote:
I'd say Haruto sure as hell didn't you know?
Well you got me there, then again I never did disagree with that.
Old 2013-06-15, 13:07   Link #470
DaEliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Are you saying that Saki wanted to raped by Haruto? Want Sex? Ok. But rape? I don't think so...
A fulfillment of being special and of central attention to Haruto.

Also, isn't it by popular consensus that it ended up being consensual? So as the old internet phrase go, "Doesn't matter, still had sex."

Edit: To be fair, Saki wasn't the only person raped. Pretty sure Haruto didn't want to have sex with Saki either. Got to blame that "holy spirit" of his :S
Old 2013-06-15, 13:13   Link #471
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I'm kind of confused, I thought Haurto was hungry right ?
Old 2013-06-15, 13:16   Link #472
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I'm kind of confused, I thought Haurto was hungry right ?
Hungry for "!#$
Old 2013-06-15, 13:17   Link #473
NeutralZero

At first he was but for whater reason OS-tan goes for forced inntercourse...
Old 2013-06-15, 13:27   Link #474
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Wow that was brave of the writer. I hope they start having sex regularly, to keep the madness from coming back.... :3

Didn't Saki say she'd kill him if he went berserk again?
Old 2013-06-15, 13:30   Link #475
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Wow that was brave of the writer. I hope they start having sex regularly, to keep the madness from coming back.... :3

Didn't Saki say she'd kill him if he went berserk again?

Too late now, Sunrise is shipping Saki x Haruto hard. For hard, I mean a very HARD way.
Old 2013-06-15, 13:50   Link #476
queenSwild

Even if they do get together, Saki will always wake up wondering if he really loves her or if she'll have to kill him that day. Sunrise is terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
My guess is that L-elf is on the side of the king's faction, but find out that his plans can be carried out more effectively through New Jior. He'll probably convince Haruto and the other survivors to join the faction and overthrow the current fuhrer if New Jior gets wiped out. They'll have plenty of motivation to do so.
I'm really hoping that this happens instead of a 200-year time skip because we still don't know crap about Dorssia's current situation.
Old 2013-06-15, 13:55   Link #477
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Even if they do get together, Saki will always wake up wondering if he really loves her or if she'll have to kill him that day. Sunrise is terrible.
Dat angst.
Old 2013-06-15, 14:00   Link #478
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:

I'm really hoping that this happens instead of a 200-year time skip because we still don't know crap about Dorssia's current situation.
Well it would really enforce the tragedy aspect of the show

I'm starting to think the 200-year time skip will take place during the latter half of season 2. That way they can address all these plot points including Dorssia, Liselotte, and the King's faction that they set up this so late in this season.
Old 2013-06-15, 14:05   Link #479
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

From the look of Saki's face in the future scene, I'm sure she and Haruto will be a good and happy couple as well as a good parents XD
Old 2013-06-15, 14:14   Link #480
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Well it would really enforce the tragedy aspect of the show

I'm starting to think the 200-year time skip will take place during the latter half of season 2. That way they can address all these plot points including Dorssia, Liselotte, and the King's faction that they set up this so late in this season.
The introduction of the King's faction actually answered some questions that I've had for a long time. I've always wondered why the fuhrer's faction needed to use Liselotte as a hostage if all of their enemies were defeated. Why couldn't they just kill her off? Now I know that it was just their attempt to make the king behave .

I also wondered where the survivors of New Jior would go if their home was destroyed. Now that problem is solved as well.

I still don't wont a 200-year time skip. If Saki's "promise" is the one she made with Haruto this episode then that would mean that she's on a mission to kill Haruto. Who probably became an evil dictator. I don't want to see all of that suffering.
Closed Thread