AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-31, 05:20   Link #1921
PuddingGod
Despair's event horizon

This may be a weird thing to ask, but I know that Vanant, Kaito, and Wolfie post their TLs on DA before uploading it to BT. So does Skui also post his/her(?) TLs somewhere other than BT?
PuddingGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 05:34   Link #1922
Mahesvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingGod View Post
This may be a weird thing to ask, but I know that Vanant, Kaito, and Wolfie post their TLs on DA before uploading it to BT. So does Skui also post his/her(?) TLs somewhere other than BT?
I am very curious about this too
Mahesvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 06:15   Link #1923
Dormouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingGod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuizaan
I have a deviant art account... but... I haven't logged into it since 2003 i think, and I can't remember my old password at the time. It might come back to me. I could always use google drive like those kids at the Re:Monster project, and just TL on that whole 'cloud computing' thing. I like boobies.
I'm an esper, so I know what's on Skuizaan's mind.

Last edited by Dormouse; 2014-07-31 at 08:07.
Dormouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 08:03   Link #1924
PuddingGod
Despair's event horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormouse View Post
I'm an esper, so I know what's on Skuizaan's mind.
Not only vast knowledge and great strength, but also an esper?! Does your potential know no limit?!

...anyway, thank you very much Vanant-san for your reply and exemplary work with translating. If I knew where you live, I would probably steal a pair of your dirty pantsu and make a shrine out of them. ...y'know, out of respect and stuff.
PuddingGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 09:14   Link #1925
iceaco

I feel like calling myself a janitor rather than an editor. All I do for this project is just cleaning up stuff after all.

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 09:17   Link #1926
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post
I feel like calling myself a janitor rather than an editor. All I do for this project is just cleaning up stuff after all.
Thanks Acolyte
Don't forget to turn off the lights when you're done.

P.S:
And please don't feed the dissidents on the wiki.
Just ignore them.
But on the other hand one way to perhaps lessen the undeserved comments, is that if any of you find a passage difficult or nonsensical, my best advice is to simply paste the raw japanese next to your best interpretation.
Better to ask for help/state the intention that you are finding it difficult here, then to let someone else find it and tell everyone in the way that i can't really say is "constructive".

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2014-07-31 at 11:08. Reason: add a p.s.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 12:49   Link #1927
Dormouse

So, anyone up for it? [I'm sure as fk not LOL]
Dormouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 13:02   Link #1928
hayashis
Guardian of Mikos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Thanks Acolyte
Don't forget to turn off the lights when you're done.

P.S:
And please don't feed the dissidents on the wiki.
Just ignore them.
But on the other hand one way to perhaps lessen the undeserved comments, is that if any of you find a passage difficult or nonsensical, my best advice is to simply paste the raw japanese next to your best interpretation.
Better to ask for help/state the intention that you are finding it difficult here, then to let someone else find it and tell everyone in the way that i can't really say is "constructive".
Or, you know, you could actually use this (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=55)
hayashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 13:14   Link #1929
Lord-Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Thanks Acolyte
Oni... Really ? 'raw japanese next to your best interpretation', seriously ?

...my head's starting to hurt.
Lord-Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 17:17   Link #1930
Nihgthawk

This might be a rude question but does anyone know if Ran is going to translate those untranslated line in chapter 92-93 or is he just going to leave them that way?
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 17:29   Link #1931
sinner0

I have most translated most of Volume 18 in this file, using CNine GT, MT and my modest japanese knowledge. Bear in mind that they are still incomplete, since I translated the part I like and I may made mistake. But overall it should be much easier to read than GT or MT.

I wouldn't dare to put them up in BT since it's my first time translating japanese.
sinner0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 18:26   Link #1932
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner0 View Post
I have most translated most of Volume 18 in this file, using CNine GT, MT and my modest japanese knowledge. Bear in mind that they are still incomplete, since I translated the part I like and I may made mistake. But overall it should be much easier to read than GT or MT.

I wouldn't dare to put them up in BT since it's my first time translating japanese.
I just scanned through it really quick and it wasn't bad in matching up with what I remember of those chapters, putting aside accuracy.

I wouldn't suggest putting any GT or MTs on BT for the time being.. though if a translator looks through those they might be worthwhile as previews.

Much better than certain other MT/GTs I've seen at least.
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 19:07   Link #1933
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Simon View Post
Oni... Really ? 'raw japanese next to your best interpretation', seriously ?

...my head's starting to hurt.
ah, i meant weakest interpretation.

don't sweat the small stuff simon-kun. 気にしない 気にしない
Old 2014-07-31, 20:00   Link #1934
ninthlite

for chapter 101 ice climbers are video game characters, twin girls who wear parka's and carry huge wooden mallets. When norn and aisha are at his house
ninthlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 20:20   Link #1935
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthlite View Post
for chapter 101 ice climbers are video game characters, twin girls who wear parka's and carry huge wooden mallets. When norn and aisha are at his house
Lol. Everyone just jumped right on that, like 6 people wrote that each in a different place. Yeah, it's fixed now, thanks.
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 20:56   Link #1936
Gubbi

Guys, can somebody actually mail the author for correct English of the names he used?
Gubbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 21:15   Link #1937
Skuizaan

I don't think it works that way, and I would rather keep as much of what we are doing off of his and the publisher's radar for the time being. At least until we get caught up and can make some saves.
Skuizaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 21:29   Link #1938
DarkD

Getting the correct English isn't the hard part, its weather we want to use it or not. There's a large divide in translations with regard to that. Lots of people read things and wish upon a star that someone would just make up an English name for it and start using that.

Silent Wolf started us on that path (bless the saint) and now the loyalists who are bound and determined to change everything back are starting to gather. There's very little reason for it except for the fact that at some random point in one odd novel, there might be a reference (which we probably won't understand anyways) where the new name doesn't make sense. When I compare that to the headache of trying to remember and pronounce the accurate names, it's not even a question for me.

The real downside of inaccurate names, is that with a large number of translators like we have here, people will each translate the names differently confusing the hell out of the readers sometimes.

Last edited by DarkD; 2014-07-31 at 21:39.
DarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 21:52   Link #1939
Gubbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkD View Post
The real downside of inaccurate names, is that with a large number of translators like we have here, people will each translate the names differently confusing the hell out of the readers sometimes.
This is what I had in mind. The bog vs quagmire, but most of all Girenu vs Ghyslaine bugs me the most. I tried mailing the author, on his novel webpage, but registration captcha was in Hiragana and I gave up .
Gubbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 21:53   Link #1940
Skuizaan

Hmm, Honestly, as for de-jap'ing a name, I could care less. I just try and find the references (when they appear) to things like naming schemes and the occasional reference to an anime or videogame, or even toilet using phenomenon.

I appreciate silentwolfie doing v1-3 more than they know. I read 1-2 before they started 3 like 7 times before i jumped onto the webnovel and finished that out over the course of a week+.

But when I got there, and I saw it was Zenisu or Paulo.... I cringed. Now I'm not saying anything bad about localizing anything. SW has my full support for doing that. It just... I'm not a machine translator. So when I read Zenisu in katakana, I don't wonder "oh could that mean Janis? I don't really know moon runes."... I know moonrunes for real. I can't help but see that as anything other than 'Zenith.' but strangely, I'm cool with Paulo being Paul though, mostly because of the biblical references the Greyrats have, even though when I do type his name it is Paulo. After all, the editors are in charge. In order to not be mad at all, I decided that after we get things squared away, I'm going to just modify a copy offline of all the names and shit I think they should be, put them on a dvd, and not give a single fakku-nano about it.
Skuizaan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel