AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-19, 07:48   Link #81
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I wonder how this series can do its two protagonists so well and so badly. Marie is a well rounded character where we can see a range of emotions, which in turn makes her more relatable even if you don't like her. This episode we had a very interesting reaction of fear towards AnchoR which in turn immediately put up a barrier between them, which really it's the normal way of relating to WMD, even if they have chatbot functionality. Naoto is a nice guy with a one track mind.

Last edited by Proto; 2017-05-19 at 08:33.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 22:50   Link #82
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm glad I stuck around this long to see the series finally get to AnchoR. Too precious. Must be protected at all costs. ;o;

And I also liked that Marie had a very realistic reaction to her. Kinda hard to just... accept that what's essentially a killer blender automaton suddenly wants to be your friend, lol.
Old 2017-05-20, 07:41   Link #83
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 7:

Hmm, RyuZU is naughty girl.. suddenly respectful to Marie, because she has the secret intention to use Marie as the "shield" instead of Naoto. I now believe that RyuZU would do anything to protect him, even put the lives of other people in danger.

Anchor finally saved. And she thinks Marie is her mama, really cute.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-20, 08:06   Link #84
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Watched episode 7:

Hmm, RyuZU is naughty girl.. suddenly respectful to Marie, because she has the secret intention to use Marie as the "shield" instead of Naoto. I now believe that RyuZU would do anything to protect him, even put the lives of other people in danger.

Anchor finally saved. And she thinks Marie is her mama, really cute.
Interesting contrast really. The non-combat unit is fine threatening humans while the combat unit either by function or will can't harm humans.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 17:13   Link #85
AC-Phoenix
Detective

The preview tells me that Halter gets a chance to explore his feminine side
Lets hope he gets back to his original body once that electromagnetism thing is over.

Oh and how I know its Halter and not RyuZu in a different body?
Well three reasons:
a) RyuZu isn't broken - she just can't cool off on her own (seriously? lol)
b) Halter's body melted down, only his head remains.
b) You can see her sleeves(or skirt, was too short to properly see) from a standing position in the preview before they show the new Cyborg.

Hence the one having been transplanted is Halter, not RyuZu.

Edit:
That being said, I'm not sure them showing RyuZu's sleeve/skirt was intentional as they deliberately decided not to show her to make it ambigous. They probably just took the scene for the preview and overlooked that her sleeve was visible and even telling that she was standing.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2017-05-25 at 17:26.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 22:01   Link #86
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The preview tells me that Halter gets a chance to explore his feminine side
Lets hope he gets back to his original body once that electromagnetism thing is over.

Oh and how I know its Halter and not RyuZu in a different body?
Well three reasons:
a) RyuZu isn't broken - she just can't cool off on her own (seriously? lol)
b) Halter's body melted down, only his head remains.
b) You can see her sleeves(or skirt, was too short to properly see) from a standing position in the preview before they show the new Cyborg.

Hence the one having been transplanted is Halter, not RyuZu.

Edit:
That being said, I'm not sure them showing RyuZu's sleeve/skirt was intentional as they deliberately decided not to show her to make it ambigous. They probably just took the scene for the preview and overlooked that her sleeve was visible and even telling that she was standing.

I wouldn't mind Halter staying as a female cyborg.

Out with the old and in with the newer more attractive model.
Old 2017-05-26, 09:41   Link #87
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Interesting contrast really. The non-combat unit is fine threatening humans while the combat unit either by function or will can't harm humans.
Hmm, well.. that's something to think about. Just a theory.. maybe being the first one to be created, RyuZU was given more free will than the others.

Watched episode 8:

As expected, RyuZU got jealous when Naoto has his attention on Anchor.. drama with the handkerchief again.

So the weapon is tougher than expected and it's the army that got wiped instead...
Old 2017-05-27, 02:09   Link #88
ReddyRedWolf

Okay... Now you guys know my complaint EM tech being damaging to gears don't make sense.

It seems the explanation here is that some asshole played god, Y, and warped physics turning the world to a bunch of gears.

And the old scientist this is his revenge. To destroy the current world by proliferating EM tech.

The frak the Japanese government has no control over the military at all. That general just made a unilateral decision without government approval. Now he is advocating to purge a city off the grid. But would take the rest of East Asia along with Japan.

Not only is this a domestic frak up but a international frak up in the making.
Old 2017-05-27, 09:24   Link #89
Ultragunner

the dude admitting RyuZU is his waifu, Naoto u're a good man
hahaha
Old 2017-05-29, 12:18   Link #90
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Okay... Now you guys know my complaint EM tech being damaging to gears don't make sense.
It prevents the gears from turning I guess....What? It's a world where gears can literally break spacetime. Normal physics clearly don't apply anymore
Old 2017-05-29, 12:59   Link #91
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It prevents the gears from turning I guess....What? It's a world where gears can literally break spacetime. Normal physics clearly don't apply anymore
Not entirely right but not wrong either.
Baiscally the EM weapons here are so strong they magnetize the gears which results in them stopping to turn due to being magnetic and thus the theeth stick together rather than turning.
If Y had used plastic gears he wouldn't have had that problem

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2017-06-01, 15:20   Link #92
Nivek von Beldo

The Novels were licensed, damn i wanted to read it when anime ended, well will need to wait offical release anyway.

Well this week chapter...

Spoiler for Duh:
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 17:52   Link #93
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Wait... She isn't trying to connect Halter's brain to RyuZu or the Electromagnetic Weapon?

Old 2017-06-01, 21:13   Link #94
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Naoto not to bad as a trap and AnchoR holding a teddy bear was just so cute
Old 2017-06-02, 17:41   Link #95
ReddyRedWolf

Well this episode illustrates the difference between Marie and Naoto. The former is a skillful critical thinker the later is an out of the box intuitive thinker.

Just when you think the Old Man professor turns out he is a dirty old man.

The friend of Marie seems to be in charge of the tower but is powerless politically. Japanese royal?
Old 2017-06-02, 18:54   Link #96
RDNexus

Quote:
Marie's friend seems to be in charge of the tower but is powerless politically. Japanese royal?
It seems she's her mother, not really sure.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 22:34   Link #97
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
It seems she's her mother, not really sure.
Marie mentioned the girl before not her mother.
Old 2017-06-03, 16:53   Link #98
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Probably cousin.
Because anime rule number 1: there is always a female relative the rich girl doesn't get along with

Old 2017-06-07, 06:42   Link #99
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 9:

My favorite part of this episode is the time when Naoto takes Anchor for a walk, and buys her a teddy bear. Really heartwarming to see that.
Old 2017-06-08, 15:06   Link #100
Nivek von Beldo

Well Episode 10 Time

Seems the misteryous lady from the OP was the empress of japan rather the mother of either kid(naoto, marie) and seems she was the best friend of marie from college.

The mission to get Haulter new body was a mega sucess and seems those two are back into action.

Seems Naoto is in-universe the most wanted terrorist and that declaration having the empress of japan as hostage was awesome and now the plan to stall the giant weapon have started when stalling the goverment to use that WMD(thor wand) first but by next chapter preview will not be something easy.

I'm waiting a second season, can we get one?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, steampunk