AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 72 67.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 17.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 5.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-19, 23:36   Link #161
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Just to let you guys know. There is a certain someone later on who tried to mimic Kihara... but failed. This is ONLY possible for Kihara as no one else knows Accelerator's AIM good enough to make it work.

This is more than superhuman reflex, it is super human reflex AND knowing Accelerator's calculation to the last digit to know how much force should be used and when is the exact timing to pull his fist back.
That's why I say Kihara can't be a normal human....no one who isn't a power user can react so precisely....
Old 2011-02-19, 23:38   Link #162
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's why I say Kihara can't be a normal human....no one who isn't a power user can react so precisely....
Humans can already do some pretty amazing stuff with their bodies.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 23:40   Link #163
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Great episode
Accelerator actuad goes and gets band-aids for her.
Then he meets Kihara... I was a bit suprised at how easily Kihara did beat up Accelerator - who then used his last power to bring Last Order to safety.

Same here. Heck, that three year old might actually beat them
It looked like they're nothing but pathetic cannon fodder.
They are, I mean

ah..spoilers not allowed..just see...you'll smash your head on the wall in rage. If that skill level is considered elite, then I'd be field marshal now....
Old 2011-02-19, 23:41   Link #164
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not with that kind of precision...
Old 2011-02-19, 23:52   Link #165
Soraya21

Great episode, the whole vibe of the series feels quite different yet rather refreshing when Accelerator plays the lead & the rain and background does a stellar job in setting up the heavy atmosphere. Though this may be a bit too soon to say, but this definitely is shaping up to be a better finale for Index in comparision to S1.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 00:25   Link #166
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
that's true but something like this is just physically impossible, but oh well it's fiction so i guess anything is possible
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 00:56   Link #167
Kyouka
Is Here

the dogs dont have plot armor so they die like flies
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 02:04   Link #168
Sigsig

Quote:
Not with that kind of precision...
I think it was mentioned in the ep that Kihara was Accelerator's 'power developer'.. that means he probably knows all the vitals and statistics of his 'impenetrable shield', and might have developed 'anti-Accelerator' tactics before going up against him..
Seems elementary in hindsight though :/
Sigsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 02:34   Link #169
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Think of it this way.

As others have said, he was the one who helped develop Accelerator's powers and therefore knows the inside and out of it.

So for him, countering the tactics is as easy as counting 123 to a smart guy like him who has experience under his belt. The countering would be second nature to him.

However, for someone else to develop the same countering would be extremely difficult even with superhuman reflexes as it's not just that.

But yeah that's pushing it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 02:35   Link #170
eiyuu99

Even then, instantaneous going in reverse at skin touch is implausible by human precision.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 05:48   Link #171
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The range depends on the users will

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Actually, Divine Punishment naturally has a stupidly huge range. Vent knowingly use it despite it'll have a global effect.
Does the move stop if the user is killed/defeated?
If yes, considering the amount of magic spells Index knows, isn't it possible to her to kill Vento before that move can damage her seriously?
Or, on the other side, considering Index has the capability to interfere with spells (spell interceptor and probably other spells which use mana), wouldn't it be possible for her to protect herself from Vento's Punishment while attacking (or let someone else) her?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 05:51   Link #172
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
I notice that compared to western (read; American) shows, Animes don't really have alot of focus/experience/knowledge/advice on military or police tactics.

They're pretty straight forward; The blacker you look, the more dangerous you supposedly are.
On this matter, it would be pretty interesting if Index was a collaboration between a Japanese and a Western author (Clancy or McNab, if possible. ), for all the military behavior and for a lot of other situations where the Kamachi didn't know how to make the characters behave.

Old 2011-02-20, 06:12   Link #173
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
On this matter, it would be pretty interesting if Index was a collaboration between a Japanese and a Western author (Clancy or McNab, if possible. ), for all the military behavior and for a lot of other situations where the Kamachi didn't know how to make the characters behave.
I don't blame him, in the first Index there were only a few instances where the military genre comes into focus.

Nay I thought about this before- The most logical collaboration would be Kamachi Kazuma and Dan Brown lol!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 08:01   Link #174
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
If yes, considering the amount of magic spells Index knows, isn't it possible to her to kill Vento before that move can damage her seriously?
Or, on the other side, considering Index has the capability to interfere with spells (spell interceptor and probably other spells which use mana), wouldn't it be possible for her to protect herself from Vento's Punishment while attacking (or let someone else) her?
No....In John's Pen mode, she may have something to stop Vento but not in her normal mode.

Thing is, any hostile intent and you are out cold.
Old 2011-02-20, 08:43   Link #175
giorno

Quote:
Spoiler:

We don't know whether Index has a spell capable of blocking divine punishment, or if she has something capable of taking out Vento before she's taken out by divine punishment or even at the same time...

Quote:
IIRC, nope, spell intercept won't work against divine punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
But she will get her time to shine eventually, there is now way she will do nothing in this science mess. So be patient, hope she will actually deliver something exciting^^
meh, what's up with everyone expecting mikoto to get involved in everything? this is index, she's just a side character here, and she's not the science side heroine, either. Science side's hero is Accelerator

if you want Mikoto, read/watch railgun, that's her story
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 08:51   Link #176
Stefkov

Maybe I'm not thinking about this in the right way but there are people who can shoot electricity out of their body (who was cloned 20001 times), change the vectors of everything around them, teleport, etc, and there are also people who can use magic summoning golems, etc, yet people are saying it's impossible for a guy to have some damn good reflexes.
Most of the stuff in this show is impossible, what's one more thing?
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 09:59   Link #177
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
No....In John's Pen mode, she may have something to stop Vento but not in her normal mode.

Thing is, any hostile intent and you are out cold.
What do you mean? If she knew she can use magic she would be able to cast basically every magic she knows from the 100k grimoires, wouldn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
Spoiler:

We don't know whether Index has a spell capable of blocking divine punishment, or if she has something capable of taking out Vento before she's taken out by divine punishment or even at the same time...
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
IIRC, nope, spell intercept won't work against divine punishment
Because it's not human's magic but angelic magic, right?
Isn't it possible that Index also knows a similar spell that works against angelic magic?

Old 2011-02-20, 10:36   Link #178
kitten320

I'm confused about how Accelerator got hit. I mean, that if you stop moving or bring hand back then you can't hit the opponent unless enemy moves forward... or am I missunderstanding something?
Old 2011-02-20, 11:07   Link #179
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
I'm confused about how Accelerator got hit. I mean, that if you stop moving or bring hand back then you can't hit the opponent unless enemy moves forward... or am I missunderstanding something?
You retract the fist and the vector field pulls it back in.

Old 2011-02-20, 11:26   Link #180
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Quote:
You retract the fist and the vector field pulls it back in.
It's like he said. It's just that kihara is that good
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote