AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2021-04-25, 08:35   Link #21
Johnny Dy

Shiki - 7/10 - An anime with shiki = vampires. It's not bad, but not all that good either. Not recommended. Although this anime's message is real: when it comes down to survival, it's hard to blame someone of doing whatever it takes to survive.

Jujutsu Kaisen 8.5/10 - Quite the cool costumer this anime. Cool graphics, cool fights. They have a sort of bankai called domain expansion. I like how anime these days cut straight to the chase/cheese, I hate when they prolong the introductions like in the so called "big series/top anime". Recommended!

I'm about to start Goblin Slayer, I'm hearing good things about it.

LE: Goblin Slayer 8/10 - Barely an 8. It's definitely under The Rising of The Shield Hero and slightly under Log Horizon, being of the same sort of RPG game anime. It's probably at the same quality of Sword Art Online 1st season, could've been epic, not the case, still nice. Why does the main hero always have to be wanted by all the girls even in this case where he seldom shows his face? I've much preferred if he would have been somewhat disfigured so with a good reason to wear the helmet protection nearly at all times. He's not The Mandalorian, forced by creed!
There is one thing I found particularly upsetting: upper heroes thinking quests for trolls, thieves and dragons are more important because they are harder to defeat and give better rewards, when they don't do half the damage to human communities combined as goblins do alone. Idiots. And when they do finally get dragged into a difficult quest of goblin slaying, not one admits how stupid they've been and how demanding goblins can be in large numbers and opened field. Idiots x 2.

I forgot about Overlord, same RPG stuff. I would rank
The Rising of The Shield Hero > Log Horizon > Overlord > Goblin Slayer > SAO.
Haven't seen .hack or what's it's name yet, I tried before just couldn't find it.

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2021-04-29 at 00:07.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-18, 23:30   Link #22
Johnny Dy

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 8.5/10 - Much more than cute, meanwhile the cute has gotten a real kick in the but. I am up to date, towards the end of the 2nd season and I really can't say it can be better. It's as well as one could expect such a game world derived from 3-4 games like War of Warcraft, Diablo, Dungeons and Dragons and who knows what else. It's cute, it's well drawn, it's awesome at times, it's well written. The fights are cool, the story is as good as one could hope for in a game, and for once humanity is not at the center of things (even less than in Overlord), if anything, they are a hindrance and bad at that too, mostly no more than mere pawns. The 2nd season surpasses the 1st and it's not finished yet! I'm a put it on par with the best game anime I have seen thus far. Absolutely worth the recommendations people give it.

So update: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime = The Rising of The Shield Hero > Log Horizon = Overlord > Goblin Slayer > SAO. For game anime shows. Although it's hard to compare them, except Goblin Slayer and SAO which are good too, the rest are all excellent.

PS: Has anyone played Diablo? Now that was an awesome game with all sorts of uber-super-duper demons. Hah, it's possibly at the heart of this anime's creation. The author must have loved playing it.

Re Zero 8/10 - This is one sick anime. It's probably the most game-like out of the game type anime but it feels the least like that when you watch. It has a wade variety of sweet characters that live in a world of combined fascination and shit, dunno about the fascination part but there's so much shit here that it engulfs pretty much anyone and everyone. It's sickening and vile but also you can't stop watching it. This boy main character is trapped in a new world that he deems interesting, until he finds out he has no power whatsoever except dyeing and resetting the game from the closest setpoint, a survival game in which he is utterly defenceless, his only weapon: not giving up if one can. And there's a trick: he can't tell anyone about it, of course, if he does, he kills that person instantaneously (he should have done it to his enemies lol, unless they're beasts and can't comprehend language). I'm more than half through the 2nd season, it's an elaborated anime not just about the main character like others, it's about quite a few that leaves one wanting like Beatrice a doll-lolly girl with a frustrated attitude and a very cute voice - the library spirit, Rem and Ram 2 demon girls that surround the life of our main character with twists and turns both inside and outside, and our alter-protagonist Emilia which is a half human, half elf spirit user; a dweller of the game world. By rights this anime deserves recommendation but it takes some getting used to, 1st several episodes you tend to think it's nothing all that special but then it hits you like a disease until you feel helpless and sickened to the core.
Old 2021-06-23, 00:44   Link #23
Strahan

Aside from the regular current season stuff, lately I've been watching:

Hikaru no Go: Seen this before, a few times, but felt like rewatching it recently. Weird how good a show about a board game can be. I ended up powering through 75 episodes in one day. Of course, I was skipping the parts that bored me since I already seen it before lol

Gleipnir: Weird show. I like, but haven't finished it yet. That suit is creepy looking, heh

Zipang: Another rewatch. I like time travel shows, and seeing a modern cruiser handling business in WW2 is pretty amusing.

Yomigaeru Sora: Show about a helicopter rescue wing. Pretty interesting.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar: An isekai where you aren't OP with a harem. Not bad. Working my way through it. Kinda heavy/depressing so I haven't just binged it to the end yet.

Sakura Trick: I watched an ep or two a long time ago. My anime randomizer recommended it, which made me say maybe it's about time to actually watch more. I'm feeling like some cute yuri vibe, hehe. Just wonder if they ever take it further than just kissing. Then again, it's not a hentai so I assume not lol.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 02:50   Link #24
Johnny Dy

86 2021 9/10 - This is one sick anime. I doubt anyone that sees it can ever be racist again, if they ever were to begin with. It's too sick that I might recommend it to anyone below the age of 16, keeps you hoping until the very end,
Spoiler:
But it's definitely better than any Gundam I've ever seen. This really is children giving adults a lesson, the truest thing of what anime's supposed to be all about. The only shortcoming it has is that's too short and we don't get to see
Spoiler:
And maybe the beginning, that's not the best that ever was in terms of beginnings, but it's what needed to be.

If they won't continue the story that is!
If they do, there's potential for 10/10 easy. And I do so seldom give a 10!

PS: "Alba" comes from my language, romanian, where "alb" translates as "white". ^^' But "alba" also exists, it's the feminine of "alb" which is masculine for white. Yes, in our language, adjectives also have genres, also numbers. Yes, complicated and stupid language. Don't ever learn it! Useless.

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2021-07-31 at 11:17.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-25, 03:49   Link #25
DarkShame2

Scarlet Nexus Ep 17
Old 2021-10-25, 12:00   Link #26
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Rewatched Yuri!! on ICE the other day and enjoyed it again. Wish the commentary here hadn't been so focused on the homosexuality. Rereading the thread here got really tiresome around page three.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-26, 02:57   Link #27
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Just finished rewatched Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monster.

Man, its beautiful; looking back to its original source, the manga, then DSOD movie.
The original series run like a fine wine, only getting better to enjoy as time passed.

Yugi vs. Pharaoh easily the best duel ever. As a youngsters or newcomer, its clash between protagonists.
Now as an adult I'm impressed with how genuine the feeling Takahashi put into cards and decision during duel between them, truly the rare quality of final battle, final chapter; its awesome he managed to continue that expression for DSOD that mainly serve as Kaiba character development.

Old 2021-10-29, 01:49   Link #28
Erikson994

Just recently watched Overlord - pretty good anime adaptation. Of course there are several points that I'm not fine with but overall it's solid shows.
I've been following its light novel so It's really fun to see Momonga and his NPCs in action. The misunderstands are hilarious seeing Momonga's mental break down as he realized his NPCs are having some absurd plan.

Last edited by Erikson994; 2021-10-31 at 21:56.
Erikson994 is offline   Reply With Quote