AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 4 12.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 39.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 30.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 12.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-23, 23:34   Link #41
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Kirito? Really? :/

Poor naming decision.
Well, this Kirito also seems to be good at hacking the system to do things previously thought unimaginable, so...
Old 2014-10-23, 23:34   Link #42
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
We've seen both Kogami and Togane training in hand to hand combat so at least some Enforcers do, but lack of physical training isn't the problem. The problem is that they've been trained to let Sibyl hand out the actual verdicts against criminals or supposed criminals. Sibyl is both the judge and the jury and when it's telling you that the person is effectively not guilty even if they're committing a crime right before your eyes, there isn't much else one can do.
Old 2014-10-23, 23:35   Link #43
MgMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Mika is annoying, but I think that's the point. She's probably going to get knocked down a peg or two sometime this season.
Yea,her presence isn't as detrimental to the series as I initially thought since the show does seem to give her an appropriate treatment.

I'd actually look forward to seeing that tbh,followed by any potential development but the problem I see with her nevertheless is that there are other,more interesting things happening and it feels like the time spent on her could've been spent on more interesting characters. Like,I'd take a conversation between Ginoza & Risa or Akane Saiga-sensei instead of anything Mika-related any day.

Long story short,her addition doesn't feel as bad anymore but the show would probably still be better off without her.

At least what's what I make of it so far. She might contribute to the story in one way or another yet...
Old 2014-10-23, 23:44   Link #44
MiLOzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerriet View Post
Well, I think at the very least, Mika's actions and personality are kinda understandable considering her shocking experience in season 1. It is no surprise she would want to deliver justice to every potential criminal. Furthermore, assuming she did not know of the Makshima incident, she would of course dismiss anything concerning someone who can evade the system.
Yes it's understandable why she is the way she is. Personally I don't have a problem with her.
At the end of the day there's got to be someone on a team who will blindly follow Sybil in the name of justice. It just happens to be that this someone is also the youngest and least experienced member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Mika is annoying, but I think that's the point. She's probably going to get knocked down a peg or two sometime this season.
It is the point. She is someone who will learn the hard way that things aren't always what they seem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
This one's a little more rapey. Seriously, was I the only one getting some uncomfortable vibes when he started caressing the face of the female inspector he ripped the eye out of, and then sticking his thumb in her mouth while whispering soothing words in her ear?
The scene is definitely made to be both attractive and uncomfortable. It's very well animated, and it is emphasized how beautiful the female inspector is, almost to the point of her being a sex object of that scene. Yes it generates some conflicting emotions. He is a raper and a savior at the same time.
Old 2014-10-23, 23:46   Link #45
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
We're really just one scene away from Mika being the best addition of the season, that being a 3-some with Yayoi and Shion.
Old 2014-10-24, 04:16   Link #46
Arya

I also think that Mika characterization is not as bad as I thought it would be. If handled carefully it could work. It was hilarious how she apparently truly thought that Akane had written it on the wall and just later immediately checked her for her PP value: 38.
Things won't go well for her.
Instead I have mixed feelings about Togane, he is always so ready to side with Akane and defend her, counting even his similarities with Kogame, I'd prefer he is part of Sybil system or had ulterior motives to be the way he is.
Gino is just too cool

All in all it was a great episode. They are doing a very good job and I'm interested in the new guy.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-10-24, 04:36   Link #47
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
We're really just one scene away from Mika being the best addition of the season, that being a 3-some with Yayoi and Shion.
Made me laugh ^_^

Seriously, as much as Mika's constant hostility strikes me as "eh?", I think she's a very worthwhile addition to the show. She adds a modicum of tension which Akane currently doesn't really have with her higher-ups. I also enjoy how calmly she wards off Mika's antagonism. And finally, having Mika get all blushy over Yayoi (who is gorgeous _and_ not averse to female partners) is simply fun.

Mika is essentially a more hostile version of Akane, with less respect. She will get knocked down a few pegs, but I think we have a different form of Akane maturing.
Old 2014-10-24, 05:05   Link #48
cupumanager

I found it strange and suspicious that Sibyl do not track Inspector Shisui's Dominator...which were online, sending and receiving data directly to Sibyl the whole time; If not, how could the Dominator judge her Psycho Pass and enforcement action?
Old 2014-10-24, 05:29   Link #49
Lenox

Is it weird that I'm happy whenever an inspector is suffering in this show I mean I know that they don't know Sibyl's true form but I just dislike the fact that their enabling it. Oh and still hate that new girl, wish she met Makishima would have made for an interesting situation since she couldn't rely on Sibyl.
Old 2014-10-24, 07:54   Link #50
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Just wanted to point out something about the scene between Akane and the bureau chief that some viewers may not have noticed.

When her partner was still in the room, Akane was speaking pretty politely to the chief. The moment Shimotsuki leaves, she's drops all pretenses and starts speaking pretty rudely, using really casual word endings as if she was speaking to someone she has zero respect or liking for. (The translation doesn't really bring this out until the "be my guest" line, though you can hear the rudeness in the tone of Akane's voice.)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-10-24, 08:37   Link #51
GDB

I noticed her tone shifted, but didn't notice the wording. Nice catch. Makes the scene stronger.
Old 2014-10-24, 10:41   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I know it's the point, but they've made Mika way too annoying. They haven't even given her any interesting traits. She seems to exist only to whine and make Akane look even better in the process. Pretty terrible character so far, but I'll wait and see what they do with her before handing down my final judgment.
Old 2014-10-24, 11:10   Link #53
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLOzz View Post
He is a raper and a savior at the same time.

asi he is tupac shakur? sorry, I think you were going for the word rapist instead. anyway, for me the most important bit of information here was that togane had the highest psycho pass ever recorded and he still acts like a normal person, that's the opossite of all the special persons that have been shown(makishima, akane, etc) so it should become important later.
Old 2014-10-24, 11:17   Link #54
GDB

Raper is actually a defined word, similar to rapist. The difference appears to be that a raper is one who forces a specific sexual incident, while a rapist is one who does so on multiple occasions.
Old 2014-10-24, 12:11   Link #55
IceHism

My suggestion to whack people with dominators is becoming a better solution episode by episode.
Old 2014-10-24, 12:24   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Unless it increases your CC.

My suggestion is to stay home under your bed.
Old 2014-10-24, 16:26   Link #57
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
My suggestion to whack people with dominators is becoming a better solution episode by episode.
It's weird how no one seems to think of that. It's still a piece of metal even if it can't shoot so you will do some damage.
Old 2014-10-24, 18:05   Link #58
HandofFate

What's the complaint about this situation?
The dominator didn't work. Then the robotic dog attacked her and disarmed it from her afterwards. She gets overwhelmed by a man much bigger and stronger than her.

Even if she had some martial training, does mean she's a hand to hand combat master. And that's out the window with the robotic dog there, which we seen is able to deal tons of damage from last season.

What should she have done differently in the span of 1sec or less.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2014-10-25 at 01:25.
Old 2014-10-24, 23:31   Link #59
whitecloud

about dominator....IRL

Silicon Valley startup unveils Internet-connected smart guns for cops
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...guns-for-cops/

just one more step to one....
Old 2014-10-25, 03:28   Link #60
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

That was a lot of exposition.They at least tryed to keep it interesting with different shots and angels.

I wish the anime would spent more time on the characters.We barely know anything about them.
A few episodes that are not directly tied to the main plot would have been nice,but it seems it's a bit too late for that now.
We already know who the main villain is and we have a general idea of what he wants.